• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
THEM SHADES! Are those Persols?! Nice shades!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks! They're just Clubmasters though.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brown is for Farmer Friday Challenge (pace ernest):

Tie is actually navy cashmere, and the square is a reddish/brownish/with-other-earthy-colours madder; apologies for the dark photos.

Shirt has heretical double cuffs.

EDIT - thanks for the large number of thumbs-up on my last post; I just caught up with the thread and noticed them. Yeah, I like that suit too.

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Feeling trad today. Madras colors are more autumnal than they appear in your monitor.
BB 1818 J Press Berle Panthy AE Coppell
When they make pants like that, do they automatically make the crotch bigger because the wearer has to have huge balls to wear them in public? :embar: (Just kidding...I think you are rocking the pants....really cool fit though....but kids watching at home, this is not good for an interview...)

landscapes

Reaction score

Thanks for all the kind comments, they are much appreciated :fistbump:
This is one of Vanda's so called "super" repps - really heavy silk and it ties a beautiful knot.

Toda's fit is x-posted for the Friday challenge - the only brown SC I hadn't worn this week. Again, lighting sucked, so the detail photos actually have better representation of the colours.

Details:

Great color on the jacket. What's the pattern on the square?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I fully expect mixed/negative reaction, but it's what I'm wearing today. :)

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great color on the jacket. What's the pattern on the square?

This is the square (acknowledgements to Malford for both the square (which I paid for) and the photo (which I stole from his website)):

Last edited:

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
My pocket square matches my tie and I'm wearing red socks.
bounce2.gif

I agree about the tie/PS match but it's not the worst. However, the socks are a plus and entirely in keeping with your bold and cheery style, and you're wearing proper shoes. I'd call that a win on points overall.
satisfied.gif

CLAGS warned me about how red this tie is and now I think I am seeing it. What are your thoughts, gentlemen. I really thut it was going to be a tad bit darker. Did I botch it yet again?

It is very red. Against another bright-ish solid suit it maybe stands out more (I'm thinking Duran Duran circa 1982). But try it with a grey flannel or PoW check. The texture is lovely, and nothing wrong with a bold tie now and then. Believe in yourself, man!

4 patterns and odd lighting due to the walls reflecting sunlight.

Clags, that suit is just a giant. I am in awe of its fuckyouness.

Color scheme for today's fit determined by the Friday Challenge - "Brown is for Farmer". Here I am, complete with all but the pitchfork.

I know I've mentioned this before, but as well as you do conservative business dress, you should really let your inner country gent out a little more often. The warmer textures and tones really suit you.

PS and Grenadine from the Shibumi twins

That's an awesome jacket. I don't especially like how the collar is wider than the lapel, but that's a niggle. Really great look and I love the tie and PS.

"sigh" I don't think this will go well...but I tried. Let the inquisition begin!
BIG FAIL

Absolutely inoffensive, lovely tie. What's wrong with you? Man up! The stitchnderkabuse is taking its toll on your self-esteem, clearly.
lol8[1].gif

Oxxford clothes.

And here a little bonus shot. Yesterday a TKmaxx store opened in my town and the only workable pair of shoes in my size was this Florsheim Imperial Norwegian. I was searching a long time for exactly a pair of shoes like these ones:

The AEs are better made, but the Florsheims are a good style for that look. Alas, you often get what you pay for. Email [email protected] with your US size. Specifically, they had some good deals on cordovan recently (ask about those as they don't come in the normal list), and I picked up a "Bradley" shell cordovan NST for $299. Needs some TLC, but man what a steal.

Feeling trad today. Madras colors are more autumnal than they appear in your monitor.

Deserves points for the sheer gall of it. Good for you.

Today:
Feedback is always welcome.

I don't think I like turtlenecks. But this is immaculate.

Quote:
Brown is for Farmer Friday Challenge (pace ernest):

That's probably the least "challenging" outfit I've ever seen you post. In a really good way. Super country-tasteful, yet still "you". I love it.

This is the square (acknowledgements to Malford for both the square (which I paid for) and the photo (which I stole from his website)):

Spooky. A few hours before you posted this fit, I ordered exactly that square from Mr Malford. No surprise I like your fits, really...

Could be, but I am both old and a dad, so I'm probably beyond helping.
smile.gif

Oh good grief. Your extraordinary range of tweedage is a soothing and consistent balm upon which enjoyment of my daily SF read depends. Today I feel very let down. Come on, Butch, for goodness' sake! It's just so wrong to see you like this. Like walking in on Beyonce naked, then realising she's taking a ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads