• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not seeing any shirt cuff, crusty, and I think you should consider bar lacing on those shoes.
/Nit-pick

Nit pick duly noted. The sleeves of this shirt are actually proper (as opposed to yesterday's, which were quite long-ish) - their disappearance from my photos is an ill effect of early morning photography. The shoes are laced as they were at purchase, but I will consider your suggestion.

Last edited:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is your verdict on the Epaulet Rudy trousers?

Maybe I just have a big ass (entirely possible) but I will need to still size up in the future on these. The thighs are more roomier but the seat is still very slim IMHO. The construction, fabric, and feel is top-fing-notch though in my opinion. I got a 33 because the waist was 17 inches and the thigh measurement was fine, but I had to let the seat out substantially and they are still a little snug. Going to get a 34 next time and it will be fine I think. I think they look fine with a SC, the leg isn't very narrow.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Señor Crust, I think the bar lacing doesn't look good when the two sides of the shoe (sorry, I'm sure there's a technical term, but...) don't meet up. For these shoes on your feet, your lacing is good, IMO.

CP, re your thumbs comment: My bowtie arsenal is limited.

Last edited:

WaterlooMike

Reaction score
Cross post from another thread, looking for input. Very impressed thus far with suitsupply. The question is, do I return for a 44L, or take to a tailor. How close to fitting properly do you all think I've come?

Love this jacket, btw. Great lapels.

My SC arrived. Very impressed with transit times to Canada, and the complete lack of shipping fees, including brokerage! How refreshing to pay one price, and have it actually be the price.

Quality looks good, packaging is excellent. Nice hanger and bag included with your purchase. Overall satisfaction so far is high.

Now for the fit of the Washington. It is snug. I'm typically a 42L, verging on 43. 6'2", 210lbs. Basically, I'm tall with a big ass. Which is where I'm looking for some opinions on the fit here. I think it looks good through the shoulders, chest and back, however my butt is doing things to the vents I'm not sure I love (bearing in mind, I've left the stitching in the vents in case I decide to return). Does anyone have any experience with tailoring these things... is there any material available in the lower back to let it out some, and provide some relief?

Sorry for the crappy pics... Ms. Mike is away, and I wanted to get these up. Fire away!

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Fire away!

It looks kinda tight all around to me, including the waist. Did you get the Washington because you liked the lapel style or because you wanted something with a bigger drop? I think that's their slimmest cut, with an 8 drop. I'm usually a 42L (6'2, 185 lb) and I felt a bit snug in it when I tried it on. I tried on a 44L also however and shoulders were just way too big.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not sure because of the dark pics, but it looks like the chest is tight, and there's definitely not enough room for the tuchus in the skirt.

WaterlooMike

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I went for the Wash because of the lapels, and because of the current SC lineup, it was my preferred material/colour.

There is marginally enough room in the chest and shoulders, though for a SC, not as concerned. My intention was to wear this piece more casually. The skirt is too tight for sure, and may be beyond any tailor to rectify (thoughts?).

I'm 3/4's of the way to just returning it, and ordering the 44.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys. I went for the Wash because of the lapels, and because of the current SC lineup, it was my preferred material/colour.
There is marginally enough room in the chest and shoulders, though for a SC, not as concerned. My intention was to wear this piece more casually. The skirt is too tight for sure, and may be beyond any tailor to rectify (thoughts?).
I'm 3/4's of the way to just returning it, and ordering the 44.

Get the 44, it is much easier to slim something through the body than to let something out, in my experience. unless the shoulders are too big on the 44 it will drape much betterand the fullness of the washington lapels will look better if they aren't bowing out. As a person who recently decided to go larger (but not boxy) in my suits/SCs you will like the look. It is clear the skirt is too tight and opening the vents will just make them splay open, rather than sit nicely. It won't be slimming, it will just look too tight.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my first post to this thread. In fact, I'm sufficiently new that I don't know the rules of the road, so if I inadvertently foot fault, please forgive and feel free to send me a (polite) PM setting me straight.

One thing I do know: My pic quality is going to fall far short of others' skills, but I'm going to try not to let that stop me. So here goes....

SC: Double vented wool/silk/cashmere blend
Shirt: Light blue glenplaid with yellow overcheck
Square: Italian handrolled silk
Tie: Blue raw silk with slight grenadine texture
Trousers: chocolate brown/rust micro herringbone, flat front
Shoes: Alden tassel loafers
Socks: Just for fun (it's already been expressed to me that the socks are FAIL)

Thanks, guys. Be gentle.

Last edited:

DivineGent

Reaction score
This is my first post to this thread. In fact, I'm sufficiently new that I don't know the rules of the road, so if I inadvertently foot fault, please forgive and feel free to send me a (polite) PM setting me straight.
One thing I do know: My pic quality is going to fall far short of others' skills, but I'm going to try not to let that stop me. So here goes....

SC: Double vented wool/silk/cashmere blend
Shirt: Light blue glenplaid with yellow overcheck
Square: Italian handrolled silk
Tie: Blue raw silk with slight grenadine texture
Trousers: chocolate brown/rust micro herringbone, flat front
Shoes: Alden tassel loafers
Socks: Just for fun (it's already been expressed to me that the socks are FAIL)
Thanks, guys. Be gentle.

I am rather new to this as well and have spent two days going through all 1543 pages so I have picked up quite a few things from these gentlemen. Here I go, your tieknot could be a bit tighter as it seems to gap a bit. Your collar sits under your SC beautifully and your lapel sizes are fine for such an DV SC. I am not too fond of the PS however, as it goes with that tie IMHO. You could have also tried a different tie, with somewhat of a pattern and yes those socks are a disaster but I like them
biggrin.gif
. From what I have been reading and learning from these men, you are not far off so you and I are definately in the right thread.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ mixed colors
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
metaphors- not so much
plain.gif

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, some of us appreciate mixed metaphors around here, OK? You've buttered your bread, now lie in it!

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

speaking of metaphors: I think a four in hand is worth two in the bush, here...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads