• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20111009_105705.jpg

I like every item here in isolation, but it is really jarring as an outfit. Wouldn't pair any item with the others, personally. I just don't really get what you were going for, maybe.

Dorothy Chandler Pavillion, Eugene Onegin @ 2pm. Click for bigger pictures.

The suit looks great, but the bow tie is too wide for it, and I feel the square doesn't quite chime in. Great fit on the suit though, and I like those shoes with it.

I assume this must be bespoke. I don't know... somehow the extreme shaping it needs to fit propely doesn't seem right to me. I guess my subconscious archetype of what a leather jacket should look like isn't that. But that may just be that my eye for casual clothes is poor. *shrug*

Monday... feeling green...?

Last edited:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about that shirt, rest looks fine.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i guess a lot of people have the day off today
although i wish i had the day off as well...
i hit zero traffic coming to work today so i am thankful for that

rps20111010_093611.jpg

rps20111010_093711.jpg

i need to use my camera with the timer for some back shots
not sure if i still have those ripples if i don't raise my arm over my shoulder to take the picture
rps20111010_093810.jpg

rps20111010_093741.jpg

i've gotten comments about my hair ... not being very "grown up"
so i tried styling it differently today

one of my bosses asked if i got a haircut so i guess it is noticeable
it may not look much different in pictures, but i styled my hair down and to the side today
not all spiky up
i have very straight very "asian" hair so i am still trying to figure out what to do with my hair

rps20111010_094026.jpg

wearing one of the new ties and using that purple patterned silk ps that i failed with before
need to figure out how to fold/puff silk ps's better

edit -
rps20111010_142937.jpg

tried a rolled puff for the first time
it's a little too much purple action but i like this ps fold a lot

rps20111010_093511.jpg

dark navy socks

Last edited:

VictorSF

Reaction score
XKxRome0ox

The jacket is too short. This can be seen in the photo behind. Not good. Sorry...

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

XKxRome0ox

The jacket is too short. This can be seen in the photo behind. Not good. Sorry...
acutally disagree...there again i tend to prefer my coats a tad short. Rome, youve come a long way...the tie/ps looks great.:slayer:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

XKxRome0ox

hmm you think so? the bottom of the jacket ends where i can cup the bottom with my hands right at my knuckles does this mean i have short arms then? O_O hmm i wonder if getting a slightly longer jacket would get rid of the "bell bottom" effect that i have with these suits?
acutally disagree...there again i tend to prefer my coats a tad short. Rome, youve come a long way...the tie/ps looks great.:slayer:
thanks i still need to learn how to handle the darn ps properly ... silk does not like to "fold" ... and my puff was just too out of control

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, but it needs a bit of work on the jacket. I wanted to wear it a few times before I returned it for tailoring.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Acecow - wish the bow tie or the square had something other than straight lines, given the stripes in the shirt. A neat, foulard, or paisley would be quite nice.
I see what you're saying. Thank you.
Hi, Ace - Really nice suit!! And I love the bowtie - BTW, how was Eugene Onegin?? I think we need to have the second shot turned into a bronze and mounted on Madison Ave. (NYC) in honor of everyone in WAYWRN...kinda like Rodin's "Thinker"
:) The opera was great! Onegin himself was Croatian, I think, but did a really good job singing in Russian. I understood almost every word. Olga, Tatiana and Lenskiy were all Russian singers, so, naturally, I understood them as well.
Weekend in the woods: "Wild Russian guy in the lap of nature"
lol8[1].gif
biggrin.gif

Victor, you are one of the most interesting posters here. Your diversity and photography is amazing. Also, I could only imagine how many Russian women's hearts you break just by walking past them. For their sake, I hope you don't take the metro.
best suit yet
Thanks. :happy:
[/SPOILER] This gives me hope. I know how slim you are and my robot poses always look ...thicker. Now I know it's a trick of the camera. Looks great. How do you keep it clean? Did you actually look for matching furniture to pose in front of?
I'm slim, but not terribly athletic. I don't work out, all I do is various cardio like dancing, playing tennis, drinking, etc. But with photos like this, the closer you are to the camera, the more it "bubbles" the middle part making the subject look slightly chunkier. Move away from the camera like VictorSF does for better proportions.
The suit looks great, but the bow tie is too wide for it, and I feel the square doesn't quite chime in. Great fit on the suit though, and I like those shoes with it.
I disagree with the bow-tie. I couldn't possibly move the tripod any further away so my head would fit in the photo. But if it were there, you'd see that it's rather large (thanks, Dad) and the bow-tie was made proportional to my head rather than my neck. If that makes sense at all... Would you mind helping me out with a pocket square here? What would you wear? I had trouble finding something that would look good. Whenever that happens with other suits or coats I just go for a white linen, but here I felt it was too close to the color of the suit.

Last edited:

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OTM

Reaction score
VictorSF, you are a machine!
Style with technical precision, without getting mechanical!

Kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads