1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drudged

Drudged Senior member

Hope everyone has a great start to the new year.

[​IMG]

2. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

This pic confirms my suspicion that you need a better hair style. You look much more handsome here -- with you hair cropped out -- than in your other pics. Sorry, man, but we practice tough love in this thread.

3. IST66

IST66 Senior member

Thank you all for your kind words ! It's really a jacket from BC. Several years ago, these jackets have been popular .
    Tie - Petronius. I bought it last year in Vienna /Wilhelm Jungmann und Neffe
    Happy New Year to all!

4. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

I also prefer the Regency one of the 2 ties. Smaller dots better. Less obtrusive.

5. jcriswel

jcriswel Senior member

Generally looks good. Depends on the occasion and context. Needs a pocket square. Tie knot needs some tweaking. You look tall or the jacket looks short.

6. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I am working with a couple of clients today (including a new client this afternoon) and had lunch with the managing partner of the local law firm that is my main competitor (I run a law firm). Lunch was at the Union League Club, so I needed a coat and tie, but even still it is a more casual day than formal. I'm not sold on the pocket square - I haven't seen anyone else with one in any of my meetings or at lunch today. I agree the tie know needs tweaking, but this is my first go with this tie (and my first go with a FIH knot) and the thickness of this cashmere (RLPL) isn't making things easy for me. As for the jacket length, I'm 6'2" and the jacket is a 42L, I think I'd have a tough time getting something longer OTR. Does this become my excuse for spending a little more? [​IMG]

Very helpful feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  7. Blackunderpants

Blackunderpants Well-Known Member

I think that it looks good but I have some things to say, consider that I'm a beginner in this segment (also, forgive any grammar mistakes, I'm just a young swede) ...

I think that a light blue shirt would look a lot better, it would look better with the off white sweater. The white shirt is to close to the sweater in color. Then I would like to see a tie knot that isn't a little loose like the one in the picture.

Over all I like it [​IMG]

8. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Thanks. I went back and forth with the white vs. blue shirt and decided to give this one a try. In part based on this photo:

[​IMG]

I will definitely try the blue the next time around and see how it comes out. Thanks for the suggestion.

9. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

You make that kind of judgement based on an image at a clothing forum...of a guy in a suit? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've read at this forum...and that includes posts by that revolving meatball. TKE is far from unhealthily thin.

unhealthily thin:

[​IMG]

sharp dressed skinny college kid:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. JumpinHowie

JumpinHowie Senior member

I agree with the pocket square comment. I work at a bank and I am one of the few people that does wear a pocket square, but it is ok to set yourself apart a little.
    From what I can tell in the picture I think the coat length is fine. It looks like it is actually your shirt sleve that is too short. It looks like you are wearing a 16 1/2 x 34 and you really need to be in a 16 1/2 x 35.

11. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

12. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

You've had a great start at WAYWRN, another nice combo. Like the tie in particular.

13. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details:
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Outstanding tailoring and fit. Excellent taste. What a wonderful way to end the year.

15. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    [​IMG]

Happy New Year, friends!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  16. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I think your dog says it best.

1 person likes this.
  17. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

I would sell my immortal soul to get jackets that fit me as well as those fit you.

There. I said it. :satisfied:

18. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

Specifically: OMG YOUR ASS LOOKS SO FAT IN THOSE JEANS.

19. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

These are examples to emulate. Perfectly, flawlessly executed.

20. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Needs more contrast between the pants and the jacket. It almost looks like you are trying to assemble a suit from unmatched parts, but it doesn't work. So, work with what you have in your closet, and don't wear this SC with these trousers.

The jacket fits better than the last one (the button stance is much better).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.