• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Terrible how?

I think that the colors are clashing and I would not wear that shirt with a tie. Also not sure the shirt actually goes with the jacket,I'd probably leave the shirt for sweaters but that's not to say that it can't be worn with jackets, just not with the herringbone jacket you are wearing. I would change the pocket square as well, do it a puff or something.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree completely, you look great Bleachboy. I especially like the pocketsquare & tie combo.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bleachboy- I like the jacket. The fit of the pants seems to be especially good. Excellent shoes and socks with that outfit.

Although the shirt is very nice I have to agree that it isn't quite the right color or pattern to pair with the brown herringbone. A classic blue OCBD, a blue end-on-end fabric or a fine chambray would be ideal. Those shades of blue would be far more successful IMO.

As far as the tie and pocket square I would suggest trying deep mossy green (not bottle green or bright greens), navy, charcoal grey or deep burgundy for these. Maybe one item like the tie can be in silk while the other like the pocket square can be in wool or vise versa. There are a lot of simple rep tie patterns in these colors in wool or cashmere that seem to be available these days. These colors will go well with the fall/winter color of the jacket.

I have a deep green wool pocket square that would be just right for this. (sorry you can't have it :)) I would probably pair it with a blue chambray shirt or OCBD, silk knit tie in Navy or Burgundy. Nothing bright. Deep, rich earthy colors will make the overall outfit look its best.

TexasDan

Reaction score

I think that the colors are clashing and I would not wear that shirt with a tie. Also not sure the shirt actually goes with the jacket,I'd probably leave the shirt for sweaters but that's not to say that it can't be worn with jackets, just not with the herringbone jacket you are wearing. I would change the pocket square as well, do it a puff or something.

I really like the herringbone jacket, but I agree that the gingham shirt doesn't see to work with the herringbone in the jacket.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dorothy Chandler Pavillion, Eugene Onegin @ 2pm. Click for bigger pictures.

Last edited:

Bentley

Reaction score

I really like the herringbone jacket, but I agree that the gingham shirt doesn't see to work with the herringbone in the jacket.

I'd have to disagree....it all looks good to me Bleachboy. I don't see any clash or problem with the gingham shirt and the herringbone pattern in the jacket, especially since you matched it with a solid tie. Not too busy...not clashing....I like it.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This should do it

Edit: Damn it did not, if they had a prize like in some supermarkets for the millionth customer, then multiple postings would ensue :)

Last edited:

IsteRed

Reaction score
Was in a hurry today so sorry the body shot is sloppy the right pant hem,and it's not pulling like this it's just on this photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads