HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Dude, thought the exact same thing when I first glanced at this pic! Great look Morgan.

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I have a similar tie listed in B&S under the thick silk tie thread =)

3. Ubbens

Ubbens Active Member

Thanks! It's a linen/cotton blend, very nice fabric. I've recently decided to try and make my own ties, the one I'm wearing in the picture is made by myself. It may be not perfect yet, but I feel like I'm improving!

And yeah, hopefully I should be getting a new camera soon, and I'll see what I can do about my photo quality and if I can have them be taken by someone else!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

wow, thats great man. keep on rocking.

5. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

You hit the important point
    i look better in darker suits
    i didn't know the why... but i just knew
    which is why i wear charcoal, navy, etc.

I am going to try it on a few more times... but i will probably have to take it back

6. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Mid-light grey is a fine, staple color for a suit. It goes with everything. Keep it if it fits.

7. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

The tie is great, even better since you made it yourself. I really can't get with the outfit as a whole though. It's inoffensive, which may be what you are going for, in a workplace context for example, in which case, fine. However, it seems a bit washed out, and all rather too much of the same hue - in other words a bit dull. But that's only my opinion and many others here with different ideas of what works will completely disagree. It also may be something to do with the photo quality, as you mentioned.

8. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

It's always easier to stick your big paw inside anything, but it far more elegant to use your fingers.

More stuff to be prepared, new bespoke overcoat, heavy printed silk twill for details and the little lining it will have.
    DB navy pure cashmere (Joshua Ellis), jetted pockets with large jets and stitching that alludes to a patch pocket (pure decoration as the pick stitching can not hold anything constructio-wise; it's an extremely decontructed coat), fake martingala back, turn ups on the sleeves, almost nothing inside.
    The deal is to give it maximum (optical) structure whilst being actually deconstructed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

checking in....havent posted a fit all week...heres one from last week...thursday if i recall...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Versace suit, white borrelli shirt, armani tie, sutor double monks, new pantherella socks, watch by rolex, creed aventus cologne....

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can empathise with a lot of this post, esp. the part I bolded. I live somewhere where dressing up a bit - and a bit eccentrically - is not all that unusual (especially within certain circles) so I get the opportunity and latitude frequently. I still take it to the edge sometimes, even given that latitude. If I lived elsewhere, I am certain I would not dress as I currently do. On the second part of your post, I do find it interesting how traditions of dressing up have persisted rather more within some black subcultures; it's possible to construct several different hypotheses as to why this may be so, but regardless of the reason, I like that it has.

A couple of weekend outfits; was going to post them in the MC Casual thread, but think they're just about more appropriate for the main one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

That suit never fails to make an impression, and you always coordinate it well with that day's chosen accessories.

12. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I do too. I have them on 2 or 3 Luciano Barbera jackets. They are ideal for your phone because the larger outer pocket would show an obvious sage from the weight or it's outline. Using the smaller inner pocket disguises that.

I also like it as in interesting aesthetic addition, just because. It is a little twist that a few folks will notice.

13. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the blurry body shot. This is my attempt to channel Doc Holliday.

14. forex

forex Senior member

^Is that a Black Fleece shirt?

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

looks nice bleachboy, i like the colors the most. awesome shoes

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.