HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Since you are doing Dad duty I'll cut you some slack :)

I think these pants need something other than a navy blazer to look their best. How about a cream/ivory, burgundy or brown solid sweater?

I do like the jacket, shirt, PS combination quite a bit. That is an especially nice pocket square. It has a lot of nice colors to work with. Who makes that?

2. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

PG's blog is fantastic - only recently discovered it. Can be slightly disheartening at times....!

3. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

PG - two very nice looks there and all the better for your eschewment of gimmickry - long may that continue.

Malford - also two great outfits with orange-ish ties, something I might try to emulate in the autumnal months.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:lol: Thanks man. I agree on the sweater thing totally... but it had to be a SC today. I think I might have to hunt for a bordeaux SC. Good call.

The square is "Alphabet des Metiers", designed by Phillipe Dauchez in 1945 for Hermes.

5. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Also ryoneo a couple of your pics have gone without comment lately but keep on with your very sharp fits.

Holdfast I often think your jackets look too big on you but I love that navy suit with purple stripes, good to see it out again.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like your colorway better than the attached one with the purple border.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I do too.. Just a quick google search brought that up so you could see the pattern better.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks. Today's suit happens to be the loosest one I have left in my wardrobe, I think, so it's interesting you like it! I guess the jazzy fabric distracts the eye from the fit a bit. [​IMG]

In truth, I'm now happy with the fit of everything I have (well, 90-95+% happy, depending on item; life is never really perfect). Some of it is probably a looser fit (esp. round the chest and thighs, which has a knock on other aspects of the fit to keep things proportional) than might objectively be the most flattering to me, but I like a bit of extra room there as it lets me carry bulky items in my jacket and trouser pockets without it feeling tight/uncomfortable. Since I hate carrying a bag/briefcase with me, bulky stuff in pockets is an inevitability, so form follows functional need. That's not going to change as my dislike of carrying a bag outweighs other considerations!

The remaining <5-10% of issues that I'm not totally on board with are more cut than fit related, and so are not amenable to anything short of drastic, cost-prohibitive alteration. Over the years and decades ahead, they'll gradually phase out of my wardrobe as replacements come in. I'm not getting any (major) new items in any more, only replacing old for new as things wear out, so the pace of wardrobe turnover has dropped dramatically. I expect it'll be about a suit +/- a jacket and a handful or so shirts per year from now on, for example.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

your look has changed. looking good. you grew out the hair too :slayer:

getting close to your birthday, you still want to work on those bespoke cufflinks?

10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    does this qualify as business conservative?
    trying not to draw attention to myself at work because i need to meet a deadline and i've been slacking
    (too much time spent on this forum! :fu: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    for a second i thought i wore mismatching pants after looking at this picture but thankfully i didn't
    just looks like it's a shade off in the picture, probably due to the light reflecting off the counter
    but i do need to pull my pants up a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

^^^Tie looks too wide to me. Hard to tell though. Colour wise its nice and conservative.

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Nice. Please never ever use straight quotation marks again. You need these.
    Thank you.

(And why the hell is the preview typeface different from the typeface in the actual post? :censored: Anyway: Alt+0147 and Alt+0148.)

13. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Casual Friday
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

have a good weekend all​

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

15. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

NOBD
    "Nice jacket."

VictorSF
    "Nice shoes and others details!"

deandbn
    "Nice outfit."

emptym

acridsheep
    "This is a really interesting look. Well done, and very inspirational."

Thanks guys - I wasn't sure if this would work together, but I'm glad you liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.