HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jj-moody

jj-moody Well-Known Member

Serious is right. Tell me what you want done to this puny man child. I break bones, I break dreams. Tell me what you want, I'll make it happen. God knows you need a little pick me up, especially after wearing that unpleasant expensive tie.

2. ExPatriot

ExPatriot New Member

Agreement. Dark shirt/ties do nothing for me under that suit.

3. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

We escalated from toast to death. A first for WAYWRN?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

4. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Wow, seriously? You really are laughable.

5. CommenceFailure

CommenceFailure Well-Known Member

I'm 22 and I know this isn't fabulous. As much as some people think this forum is going toward trends, in some ways it will always stay very classic, but the classic "rules" are there for a reason. A lot of dressing well is contrast. You'd simply look better and more interesting with a lighter shirt. Also, various places on the internet or in books claim black washes out your skin tone, and also that when dressing it's best to sort-of-kind-of match your clothes to your skin tone and hair color. This rule basically says you'd need a lighter shirt and a tie of a similar darkness as your hair.

Most people in real life wouldn't call you out on the tie, but we will. I'd say almost everyone here prefers a simpler tie. They're classic, and look more sophisticated and mature.

People here would notice you look better for theses reasons, and people on the street wouldn't know why you look better, but they'd still know. However young you are, I do give you credit for posting, but mostly for wearing a suit out. I live in mid-michigan and I can just as easily wear a suit as a clown costume. They're equally out of place.

The suit fits well, and we're eager to see more posts and more improvement.

6. W.R.

W.R. Senior member

Everyone keeps saying that his suit fits well. Well, for one the sleeves are way too long. And judging by the picture the collar looks way off.

7. miran

miran Senior member

Where the fuck did you go last night...what event was this? This is your bathroom?!?!? OOooohh babyy!!!!!

8. CommenceFailure

CommenceFailure Well-Known Member

They're so long you can't even see your black shirt's cuffs! It hardly matters that his sleeves are slightly too long when his shirt and tie need changing. I'm thinking one should encourage walking before running. Besides, a B- doesn't look so bad compared to a handful of Ds.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Walk a day in my shoes, boyo.

10. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

^ Opinion
    ^ Constructive
    ^Constructive Usually, the idea of posting here is to get constructive feedback, not to start a fight. Informed opinions can be useful - balthering is not. Difficult to judge a fit when slouching with hands in pockets - for some reason some of the sites show models like this - an idea who's time will pass quickly, one hopes. So, don't emulate that look.

11. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

My condescending attitude was taken specifically because you had, by the time I gave you my opinion, stated that this board was full of a bunch of old guys whose opinion didn't matter to you. All while stating that you thought your look was great. Which it isn't'. In my opinion your post indicated that you were not here to learn anything and that you have no intention of accepting any valid critique.

So my post was intentionally worded to cause you to either run away or step up to the plate and take a look at what was being said to you.

If you want to be treated well and spoken to with some resepct then you have to do the same.

To all of you others. About the white lining - I admit to not being very clear - I wasn't attempting to say that a white lining is improper - merely that the fact that we could see so much of it because the diameter of the jacket cuff is so wide.

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Ah, now I get it.

13. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Kevin,

I found your post to be most distressing.............................................................................Imagine my excitement when I a see a spoiler tag indicating that there were to be images of you and your friends in a 'group shot' in the bathroom. And then imagine my disappointment when opening the spoiler only to find them all still completely dressed and looking perfectly well behaved. I was hoping for something so much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Seriously, you guys look great. You did a swell job for your friend. I hope you had a great time

-G

PS - I agree with the other posters, deets on the bathroom pleeeeeze!

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

dont challenge me :D

15. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

as are the shoulders....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.