• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj-moody

Reaction score

Now that's a little wack on wack, although the gentleman wears it well. The expressionless gaze of wack

Last edited:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to like his style, but i find it a bit weird.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Between the Michael Jackson trial I am watching on TMZ and this soap opera, I am having a very hard time being productive today. I could be using this time getting bespoke garments made. Now can someone please post a picture of poorly fitting ready to wear so we can get back to normal ops please?

Spoo, if you need something to reignite criticism and question motivations please take a stroll over to this thread. It's awe-inspiring.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Top Dresser

Season 1 Episode 6

Nina Garcia " why have you worn the same shoe with every outfit and that jacket is too snug for such a big wallet"

Foo, " It's the 'one shoe' " and I went thru hell to get this wallet!"

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between the Michael Jackson trial I am watching on TMZ and this soap opera, I am having a very hard time being productive today. I could be using this time getting bespoke garments made. Now can someone please post a picture of poorly fitting ready to wear so we can get back to normal ops please?

If I had a good digital camera, I would be more than pleased to show my collection of ill fitting bespoke / mtm / rtw garments. Thanks to dropping over 40LB's in mass, I have $10'sK worth of clothing that is beyond tailorable. When I get a good camera, I will show you how Bespoke can look wrong when the body shape changes :)

Reason for edit: Cry me a river style useless information ...........

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: hip flare...is it possible to take a few snips of cloth out of the hips area? Or, look at the part that is right in front of the vent, is it creased, almost like the jacket was laid on its back and ironed in place? I've seen that before and it makes the hip area jut out of a double vent jacket.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This week is like the 3rd time of visited this thread all year and have been her for 30 or 40 pages.
I think Bravo has a new series here. Top Dresser!
Start with 15 guys from styleforum. Give them a budget and an occasion to dress for. They walk down a run way and get torn apart or cheered by Tim Gunn and then kissed and booted off by Heidi. Season 2, AAAC, Season 3 LL. Season 4 Fedora lounge and then the Master Dressers series begins with inter league competition.

I would gladly go on, only to lose in the first episode and get that smooch.

Though Heidi Klum has really poor taste in clothing if she's not being dressed by someone else, so i can't really say if the winner would really have "won". After all, they don't get the KlumKuss.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

they don't get the KlumKuss.

einer nacht, einer kuss und tschuss...

My wife told me that in the beginning of our relationship. Looks like she was pretty wrong. :lol:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i tried to downplay it in the pictures i posted
but i guess there is no hiding it

here are two different suits in full length
rps20110914_155927.jpg
rps20110927_143407.jpg

the one on the right is what i am wearing today and pictured earlier
so yes, there is bigger "flare" on today's suit
it's a problem in the cut of the suit then?
does it look like it could be something that can be altered and fixed?

ahh .. the suit on the left is center single vent
the suit on the right is double vented
could that be the problem?

The skirt of the jacket is flared and this can be deliberate or an affect of cutting technique to help define the waist. I do a little of this on my own jackets because my waist and chest measure the same. I have 0 drop. I don't care for the look as much as used to so don't cut this way as much. This is a stylistic element and not at all a flaw but is perceived to be extreme by SF standards.
If the jacket was unbuttoned the reason for the flare would be easier to assess.

This is the effect of a crooked coat. The collar/shoulder shifts closer to the neck and the skirt of the jacket shoots out. Think of the fronts as a plane. Shift the top towards the neck and the bottom shifts in the opposite direction. Could also be caused by long fronts. Could have occurred from altering/shaping the waist but not the hip area. Would only know if a before and after the alteration view were available. Can be a design element of the pattern to have a flared skirt. I associate this loosely with English styling. Will post this on the other thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics