• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect that this PS was a bad choice, but I am color-challenged and couldn't think of anything better. I tried a forest green/white check, too, but that also seemed like a failure.

Recommendations, please?

Closeup-108.jpg

Sleeve-30.jpg

I would be curious to see what this looks like with a solid white shirt, spread collar.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The suit is a Zegna mainline...

Somehow I missed seeing this pic earlier. I think it looks pretty good, even if the suit isn't a pattern I'd wear myself. I'm a bit surprised to see it's Zegna; the shoulder seems a little softer than some of my Zegna jackets. Personally I like a (very slightly) higher shoulder but that's personal preference. Good stuff Spoo.

Difficult to be sure from the photo angle, but the button seems a touch high, and the collar too low for your shirt/neck.

This. Otherwise I like it.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a bit surprised to see it's Zegna; the shoulder seems a little softer than some of my Zegna jackets. Personally I like a (very slightly) higher shoulder but that's personal preference. Good stuff Spoo.

Doc - the new Zegna mainline stuff has some amazingly soft shoulders ... yet ever slightly built up. I just tried on a couple in the Zegna store in Recoleta yesterday ... a move from some of their old stuff i've touched before ... very nicely made garments.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
I like IST's fit a lot too, and agree that a lighter blue might have been better. Are the tie, pants, and square edging all dark brown?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, I like the shoulders on the new suit. IST, great jacket, but yeah, lighter shirt. Two Step, I think the camera angle may be low. Nice monks tho.

Last edited:

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Doc - the new Zegna mainline stuff has some amazingly soft shoulders ... yet ever slightly built up. I just tried on a couple in the Zegna store in Recoleta yesterday ... a move from some of their old stuff i've touched before ... very nicely made garments.

i tried on a beautiful soft-shouldered mainline in an outlet a couple weeks ago, but it was a 52 jacket teamed with already very slim 48 pants (which is why it was 275 euro instead of 2000 euro). if only the pants had been 50s...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Interesting! I must pop into their shop soon and see the difference! I'd stopped going because their stuff needed a fair bit of tailoring work to fit me, but this might tempt me to look again. Thank you!

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need one of those IST/Edmorel coats. Very nice and bold.

HF, not posting pics because I think I've already posted pics of everything I have to offer. That and the time issue.

Thanks

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I need one of those IST/Edmorel coats. Very nice and bold.

HF, not posting pics because I think I've already posted pics of everything I have to offer. That and the time issue.

Thanks

stop spending all that money on AS handgrades and come with me to see Mina. After that, we'll go out looking for some Dinks!

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rps20110928_093019.jpg

very simple and conservative today
not "conservative business dress" conservative ... just conservative
since the knit tie would not qualify

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, for those of you who care about what I am trying to explain, IST66's coat above gets it right. It's a bit tight for my taste and I might extend the shoulder a hair but the balance is dead perfect and it closes beautifully.

The pattern is so F-U that I think it needs a lighter shirt and anyway I don't like those deep blues, the tie would better if it were a plainer solid or a knit and the safety pin is stupid.

Perhaps Spoo stands with his shoulders back while IST66 is slightly slumped forward (or his shoulders naturally do that)? Personally, I have square shoulders and when i'm really standing upright you'd probably say the same thing - you want to grab my jacket and yank it down in the front.

Wjleier

Reaction score
Right, so - brand new suit, brand new cut, and a brand new tailor. Better?
First pic below is most accurate colors.
debccc87.jpg

79271e57.jpg

82179950.jpg

6dbba6b2.jpg
note - I see that small pulling by the button, but I think that's just the photo/pose as that's not there when I'm robot posing.

I say spoo, I love the suit. I agree that it could use a bolder tie. I think the fit is good through shoulders and chest (i don't see any "peaking" or "creasing" in the lapels.) looking down the serratus anterior, the suit looks tight, possibly where the pulling on that button is coming from (but then again you did say you think it's just the pose) I do believe I've seen you with slimmer cut suits through the obliques and hips though. I prefer the slimmer cut through the hips. The pants look fine and I absolutely love the fricken lapels on that beauty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads