• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, then, well. For being homeless I'd say you've done great. Just make sure to jam something heavy in the door when you and your son are getting ready to go to sleep.

:)

i love the qualifier
thanks

and is the 2nd part a reference to that one will smith movie?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup. And the fact you took a bathroom pic.

Welcome. :)

doesn't everybody?
unless if you have a tripod+camera or someone actually snapping the picture for you
the bathroom mirror shot is your bestfriend

:slayer:

Last edited:

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sick of the fact that members who were once daring (Spoo) have been affected by the conservative business dress group into toning their wears down.

Spoo don't care. Spoo don't give a ****. Spoo is the forum honeybadger.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

doesn't everybody?
unless if you have a tripod+camera or someone actually snapping the picture for you
the bathroom mirror shot is your bestfriend

:slayer:

Well.....we try to encourage better photos here....although with somewhat limited success.

I've been reluctant to comment on your fits here past week because I found your reaction to Kevin's 'twink' reference to be a bit over the top. (And I've been in vacation 'lurking mode'.)

However.......I think it is time for me to get past that rocky start. You have posted some garments this week that indicate to me that you do indeed have a fair grasp of good fit to your body.

That's a very good start young man. I hope you will let us work with you on styling, color combinations, textures, etc. etc.. As that seems to be the next step for you (IMO).

-G

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spoo don't care. Spoo don't give a ***t. Spoo is the forum honeybadger.

Spoo has similar roots to me. We use color. Lots of color. The reason he has that Michael Phelps body is prolly from scaling fences evading teh fuzz.

Trust.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well.....we try to encourage better photos here....although with somewhat limited success.

I've been reluctant to comment on your fits here past week because I found your reaction to Kevin's 'twink' reference to be a bit over the top. (And I've been in vacation 'lurking mode'.)

However.......I think it is time for me to get past that rocky start. You have posted some garments this week that indicate to me that you do indeed have a fair grasp of good fit to your body.

That's a very good start young man. I hope you will let us work with you on styling, color combinations, textures, etc. etc.. As that seems to be the next step for you (IMO).

-G

G.

Link me to your fit pics.

Thx

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was going to be done with the thread for now, but a serious reply to some of the points raised:

Those asking the oldsters to lead the way/post fits should understand we've been there, done that. I've posted dozens if not hundreds; Vox hundreds if not thousands. I may do so again in the future, but I have other things to do than keep teaching the same course time and again. I can't tell you how many times I've answered the same noob questions over and over again, to the point I have stock answers to many of them. I'm happy to help anyone who really wants to learn, but search exists for a reason. People who really want to learn have to take some ownership of the information and their attire.

On that same front, I'm shocked by how many people don't take the time to learn a bit before posting fits. I read the forum for months before registering, to get a feel for the personalities and tone. I don't expect everyone to do that, but a small modicum of effort is appreciated. Rather than getting upset when criticism is offered, consider if their might be something useful that can be taken from it. The rampant defensiveness only increases the echo chamber effect.

Finally, for those who struggle to understand the oldster's perspective on the shift in MC tastes, imagine it the other way 'round. You have a freewheeling forum where self-expression is paramount and a bunch of fuddy duddies start posting and insist everyone embrace their philosophy.

Wait, that is what's happening here. But you see my point. It's frustrating when someone joins a conversation just to change the topic.

MC once had a very clear aesthetic. Personally, I like that it's become a little more diverse. But a niche forum can tolerate only so much generalization before the discussion becomes too broad to be of value. It happened at AA and it can happen here. "Wear what you like; it doesn't matter" is appealingly egalitarian, but if you accept that premise, there's not much ground for further discussion.

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No one should limit their criticism. Criticism should simply be more than `you look bad`....if you don`t like criticism dont post your fits
Hear, hear. Also, do not expect a newbie to dress to the standards of the Upper Style Forum Five Percent. Give them some good advice and direction and maybe they will stay a while and learn something. And if you are going to constantly and consistently give rude and/ or harsh criticism that is lacking in support or helpful advice, then perhaps you should frequently post pictures of your absolutely pitch-perfect masterpieces of sartorial excellence so the poor slobs can see what true perfection is.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-G

that is exactly what i want to work on and need help with :nodding:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spoo has similar roots to me. We use color. Lots of color. The reason he has that Michael Phelps body is prolly from scaling fences evading teh fuzz.

Trust.

I used to like your pics, especially when you stopped wearing narrow lapels. Big Bris needs big lapels.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads