HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i love the qualifier
    thanks

and is the 2nd part a reference to that one will smith movie?

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I don't recall ever seeing them and I thank God for that.

4. NORE

NORE Senior member

:lol:

You know I like you*

*minus the chelseas

5. NORE

NORE Senior member

Yup. And the fact you took a bathroom pic.

Welcome. :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

6. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

doesn't everybody?
    unless if you have a tripod+camera or someone actually snapping the picture for you
    the bathroom mirror shot is your bestfriend

:slayer:

7. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

Spoo don't care. Spoo don't give a shit. Spoo is the forum honeybadger.

8. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Well.....we try to encourage better photos here....although with somewhat limited success.

I've been reluctant to comment on your fits here past week because I found your reaction to Kevin's 'twink' reference to be a bit over the top. (And I've been in vacation 'lurking mode'.)

However.......I think it is time for me to get past that rocky start. You have posted some garments this week that indicate to me that you do indeed have a fair grasp of good fit to your body.

That's a very good start young man. I hope you will let us work with you on styling, color combinations, textures, etc. etc.. As that seems to be the next step for you (IMO).

-G

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

Spoo has similar roots to me. We use color. Lots of color. The reason he has that Michael Phelps body is prolly from scaling fences evading teh fuzz.

Trust.

10. NORE

NORE Senior member

G.

Link me to your fit pics.

Thx

11. DocHolliday

I was going to be done with the thread for now, but a serious reply to some of the points raised:

Those asking the oldsters to lead the way/post fits should understand we've been there, done that. I've posted dozens if not hundreds; Vox hundreds if not thousands. I may do so again in the future, but I have other things to do than keep teaching the same course time and again. I can't tell you how many times I've answered the same noob questions over and over again, to the point I have stock answers to many of them. I'm happy to help anyone who really wants to learn, but search exists for a reason. People who really want to learn have to take some ownership of the information and their attire.

On that same front, I'm shocked by how many people don't take the time to learn a bit before posting fits. I read the forum for months before registering, to get a feel for the personalities and tone. I don't expect everyone to do that, but a small modicum of effort is appreciated. Rather than getting upset when criticism is offered, consider if their might be something useful that can be taken from it. The rampant defensiveness only increases the echo chamber effect.

Finally, for those who struggle to understand the oldster's perspective on the shift in MC tastes, imagine it the other way 'round. You have a freewheeling forum where self-expression is paramount and a bunch of fuddy duddies start posting and insist everyone embrace their philosophy.

Wait, that is what's happening here. But you see my point. It's frustrating when someone joins a conversation just to change the topic.

MC once had a very clear aesthetic. Personally, I like that it's become a little more diverse. But a niche forum can tolerate only so much generalization before the discussion becomes too broad to be of value. It happened at AA and it can happen here. "Wear what you like; it doesn't matter" is appealingly egalitarian, but if you accept that premise, there's not much ground for further discussion.

12. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Hear, hear. Also, do not expect a newbie to dress to the standards of the Upper Style Forum Five Percent. Give them some good advice and direction and maybe they will stay a while and learn something. And if you are going to constantly and consistently give rude and/ or harsh criticism that is lacking in support or helpful advice, then perhaps you should frequently post pictures of your absolutely pitch-perfect masterpieces of sartorial excellence so the poor slobs can see what true perfection is.

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

that is exactly what i want to work on and need help with :nodding:

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I used to like your pics, especially when you stopped wearing narrow lapels. Big Bris needs big lapels.

15. DocHolliday

More Fair Isle than Cosby, really. You probably saw 'em but were so dazzled by the rest of my ensemble you forgot.

Don't be talking smack about the chelseas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.