HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

^^

change shirt to solid blue (not a dark shade) or very small blue gingham. As much as that is a great tie, I'd go with a darker blue one, dark green would also work or a burnt orange. The square, toss it. if you must wear a square, this ourfit calls for a solid cream or one of those moghul ones. Pants change to a grey grey shade. Shoes to a dark suede.

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Too many (or the wrong?) patterns for my taste, TB. I think the stripes of the shirt are fighting with the SC, and the PS is a non-sequitur. If you felt you needed a PS, plain white would have done the trick. There's also no shame in not wearing a PS!

EDIT: Or what Ed said...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Yes.

4. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

Keeps the collar from flapping in my face when I play polo.

You always deliver, ed. I ask for a PS recommendation; you give me a full makeover at no extra charge. Solid.

Because we're friends, I'm going to pretend you didn't say that, sb.

5. NORE

NORE Senior member

Some of you doods are forgetting principle here:

Older members (Manton, Vox, Ed, et al)
    Your words, specifically nit picking, has the potential to make a more junior member scrap a whole suit he once was confident wearing. Heck, he might even forgo cheesecake because of this. Stop it.

Newer members:
    One bad shot can unleash a barrage of divots! or other pointing out of flaws. If you feel confident in what you're wearing, wear it. This doesn't mean that if you still think you're a 42R but you need more like a 46R to go out looking bad. I'm sick of the fact that members who were once daring (Spoo) have been affected by the CBD group into toning their wears down.

Not everyone has a photographer, or a SO that is willing to snap fit pics everyday. Not everyone can afford (or needs/wants) to go bespoke. Stop it.

If you think about it, most of the members that [seemingly] have weight here dress overwhelmingly boring. It's their taste. Fine. Don't let them impose it on you. They're really nobodies outside of this forum.

Manton: eat a sandwich
    Ed: take a chance. I like your odd coats but only navy socks? Stop it.
    Vox: I stand by my earlier instruction; roll down a hill, dust yourself off, then snap the pic (or instruct the pic to be snapped).
    Foo: buy a new pair of shoes. Green shoes. Green Hermes shoes. On a chiseled last.
    Doc: I like your steez, except for the Bill Cosby sweaters. Donate.

Bris out.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

exactly. clothing is about confidence. if you like what you wear, own it. :slayer:

7. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

is it safe for a newbie to post a picture now?

[​IMG]

"this suit is NOT black!" -borat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i don't like my point collar today. too long and too close. i have come to love the medium and wide spread collars
    i like my new tie (thanks davesmith)
    you can't really notice the paw prints on my tie unless if you take a second look or up close

8. NORE

NORE Senior member

:lol:

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

How do you think you look? How do you feel wearing that?

10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i feel great
    with the exception of my shirt collar
    would have preferred a spread collar but that's the only thing i would change

11. jj-moody

jj-moody Well-Known Member

No one should limit their criticism. Criticism should simply be more than `you look bad`....if you don`t like criticism dont post your fits

12. NORE

NORE Senior member

OK, then, well. For being homeless I'd say you've done great. Just make sure to jam something heavy in the door when you and your son are getting ready to go to sleep.

:)

13. NORE

NORE Senior member

My point is one persons, "you look bad" could be anothers, "you look awesome". So what do you do? Go with teh gut.

14. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Perhaps it's that simple in real life (I don't honostly think so, but I'm willing not to get into it).

But, if one is busy 'owning' something that one knows is not going to be acceptable on the forum, I kindly request that you save us all the grief of telling you about it and don't post it here.

This forum in general is about 'classic tailored men's clothing' by it's very definition. And if you don't choose to play in that ball park that's fine. But please don't play crickett in my baseball field and then try to tell me it's all cool because it's what you happen to like, or what you understand, or because you can't afford a baseball bat, or whatever...........

(This is NOT directed at you, or your particular fits ThinkDerm......as a matter of fact I''m sure I've never seen a fit of yours.........)

I'm just a little tired of some of the rhetoric today..........Vox and Mantone came through here and ruffled up some feathers yesterday for good reason IMO.....................I hope we can get this thread back to a realistic discussion of what is, and is not within the scope of the forums STATED PURPOSE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.