HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Wow...a SUIT!!! :satisfied:

2. jj-moody

jj-moody Well-Known Member

You can give anyone license to treat you as you wish, understand not everyone is as deferential as you are.

I see no comments other than `and now back to our regular....` I was genuinely curious because I had noticed you had a sharp eye and were someone whose commentary was more technical than the usual, ìt`s ugly` from the likes of iammatt or the Aristotle leaning that manton did recently. But it is not of great importance as it is unlikely I`ll be running to Chicago for a tailor any time soon.

I don`t know if I prefer an English approach per se, the approaches can get a little muddled. But at first glance, everything seems English. And only one tailor for suits. For shirts I am open to a purchase here and there.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Back to the schedule was the only comment, there was no other commentary. It was an attempt at humor

4. jj-moody

An attempt at humour that was clearly not humorous...Or perhaps I am out of it today. I guess you are even more clever than I had thought, and I am more obtuse than I had thought

5. freedom_fries

freedom_fries Senior member

6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

i think Despos was trying to get the thread back on track ie more fits and deliberation about clothes vs talking about today vs the good old days At least, thats what i gathered.

7. NORE

NORE Senior member

Well played.

I ask because when I joined this site I was unemployed with very little cash and was trying to play along. I mean, I already had [a] style, but there was more I was missing in regard to who-made-what-for-whom, where to get the best deals, etc.

After attempting to thrift and scouring ebay & B&S for hours on end, I settled on a specific brand of suits, shirts and a few brands of shoes with which I couldn't be happier. Dropping $1K on shoes wasn't an option then, and I don't think I would have at that point even if I had it. But being comfortable with what fits, what works and what is well made and just looks & feels good makes it easier for me to spend the coin now. The wife is also on board.

So to begin, tell me about a shoe. What would you go for as a must have barring a cash limit?

8. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

Today's pics just all came out askew in one way or another, so this is alls I gots:
    [​IMG]
    All the discussion is great!

9. jj-moody

I like the graph paper shirt. The owls on the tie are very whimsical.

I have never been a big fan of belts though. I suppose it cuts a man in half and can be a good decoration.

10. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

Thanks - I'm glad you used the word whimsical. I am a fan of whimsy.

11. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

post a better pic of this because it might be your best fit ever. Tie looks a bit too wide for you but collar looks good as does the suit across the shoulders

12. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    I suspect that this PS was a bad choice, but I am color-challenged and couldn't think of anything better. I tried a forest green/white check, too, but that also seemed like a failure.

Recommendations, please?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. jj-moody

Colors work. But why the button down shirt?

14. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

There are a lot of interesting points made in thes recent discussions (and more than a little hot air too!:D) but I do have a couple of suggestions:

1. Is it possible to take it to another thread as it's getting in the way of WAYWRN? A couple of very decent fits have been largely ignored as they are quickly buried in the back and forth.

2 . There seems to be a lot of allusion to 'some posters are guilty of xxx' or 'there has been an alarming trend for yyy'. Forget these oblique references and name names, or as the kids these days say, "pics or GTFO"!

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I did not mean to suggest that clothing can (or should) make us all look the same, nor that magazine shoots define the ideal. I also, pointedly, stayed away from a discussion of rules. Perhaps another way of putting it is that tailored clothing, when successful, deemphasizes the specifics of a man's shape in service of an ideal shape which leaves an impression of masculinity and refinement. Your best fits, Nii, do exactly that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.