HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

^You do slim fit better than anyone else I've seen. You are consistently killin it.

[​IMG]

Thanks NDW!

St Crepin's Day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

G this looks awesome!

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Lufty,

When pressing a collar that has no fusing you need to stretch it taught with your left hand (if you are right handed) while ironing away from the collar points with your right. It's tricky but if you iron toward the collar points the fabric will bunch up.

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Tie is a good bit darker than it appears.

Have a good one,

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Yesterday's fit was so awful I didn't dare show my face. Hopefully today's is better.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

CBD Tuesday. Collar's a mess, but it's completely devoid of fusible so I can never get it to look as sharp as I want. Tomorrow: People's Court taping.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great suit, semi-spread collar would work much better tho. People's Court is taped at your work?

6. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Great suit, semi-spread collar would work much better tho. People's Court is taped at your work?
    Agreed, but spread collars in the laundry. No, traveling to NYC tomorrow for taping.

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Yesterday's fit was so awful I didn't dare show my face. Hopefully today's is better.

that ability to self-critique is what is sometimes lacking in this thread. well played man.

and today's looks really good. I may have the same tie.

8. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Tie is a good bit darker than it appears.

Have a good one,

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Subtle, but smashing MB. But why is it that for the last two weeks (especially seeing your head) I am convinced that you are really a Windsor knot guy somehow trapped in a FIH world? Have you ever thought about doing a side-by-side shot of a fit, one with each knot and see what the SF Intelligentsia has to say? It would just seem to match your broad shoulders and broader lapels.

9. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Another I never got around to posting:

[​IMG]

Pocket square protruding a bit much there. I think they slide up when I bend over to put the camera down.

10. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

Back to work.
    [​IMG]

I love everything about the outfit today, especially what looks like a bird in your pocket. Nice PS! [​IMG]

11. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

12. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Agreed, but spread collars in the laundry.

No, traveling to NYC tomorrow for taping.

Are you a litigant? And what does one wear for the People's Court?

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Temp shot up to near 90 today, so I broke the emergency glass and pulled out the cotton suit.
    Great choice of belt with that suit. I'm into the inverted contrast look here, but I see what you're trying to do, so good.
    [​IMG]
    I like this quite a bit; the top half is especially good with just the right degree of pattern frenzy. Tailored trousers in the same colour rather than jeans and this look would be dead-on.
    More full legged trousers. Slightly lower button point on this SC - still a little high maybe?
    Perhaps by a tiny, tiny fraction. I'm watching your experiments with different cuts with much interest.
    Not what I wore today, but I was posting this in the CBD thread to "delight" Manton, so I'll throw it up here too.
    I actually like the shirt myself, but perhaps not with this particular outfit. Seems to want a suit. Overall, super stuff as usual. The third look you posted, a couple of posts above this one, is my fave.
    You've been on a run of similarly conceptualised looks recently: blocks of colour for shirt/tie/suit, with a small-patterned square for interest. It's an eye-catching look; I like.
    Really great, HF. The DBs suit you. Overall color scheme is really nice too. The red ps adds a great pop.
    Thanks. I really like DBs and how they look on me. But it's difficult to find a good fit in RTW, and even when I do, there are often other style details I'm not totally in love with (today's fit is a good example of this). I still like the look, overall, but it's not ideal. The pale grey birdseye I posted the other day is the one closest to my ideal DB in my mind's eye, but even that one is still not quite there. MTM DBs from my usual tailor aren't quite the style what I'm after either, though the one I have from them is still nice. Their bespoke would be a lot, lot closer, but I'm not one to push a house too far outside their traditional comfort zone. One day I'll give it a whirl, but the next bespoke commission I want to get later this year would definitely suit an SB configuration better, so it will have to wait.
    Back to work.
    Your short break did you a world of good I think. This outfit is a return to your usual form after a short run of sub-Spoo outfits before going away. More messing around in DBs. Trying out an idea I noticed in the "bold suits" thread I started a couple of weeks ago: using a checked shirt & strong tie to counterbalance the eye-catching pattern in the suit. Still not quite right, but the experiments are getting closer to what I have in my mind's eye:
    [​IMG]

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

One more, at end of day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the way you "freshen up" your browns, reds and greens with crisp whites and blues (in the shirts). I always play by that "rule" myself to prevent PG's "poopy colours" (if I remember the term correctly, PG) and to bring some city in a country'ish look, if you know what I mean.

15. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Subtle, but smashing MB. But why is it that for the last two weeks (especially seeing your head) I am convinced that you are really a Windsor knot guy somehow trapped in a FIH world? Have you ever thought about doing a side-by-side shot of a fit, one with each knot and see what the SF Intelligentsia has to say? It would just seem to match your broad shoulders and broader lapels.

I never tied a Four in Hand until I came here. I was a Windsor guy all my life, it was all I knew how to tie. I am not against them, if I can get them to come out ina good size, not a huge coconut knot. [​IMG]

More messing around in DBs. Trying out an idea I noticed in the "bold suits" thread I started a couple of weeks ago: using a checked shirt & strong tie to counterbalance the eye-catching pattern in the suit. Still not quite right, but the experiments are getting closer to what I have in my mind's eye:

[​IMG]

This is such a great suit, and it needs an equally great tie. I have not liked the ties you have shown with it.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.