• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Well then that should attest and cement that you should only use your powers of influence for good, and that I am not completely resistant to direction (despite what some may say
patch[1].gif
)

The rest of the advice was good, and obviously helped. The whole arm thing helps too, and was easy for me to accept because it's very similar to other things that I've had to do in my time as a performer.

- was kidding
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Figured I might as well give some WAYW love to black footwear...
- me too

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
St Crepin's Day
110412056.jpg

110412057.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
20104111.jpg

^This is a classic look. I think I've said this before, but I like the spread collar on you.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
ODwcJ.jpg
[/quote]

^Really great, HF. The DBs suit you. Overall color scheme is really nice too. The red ps adds a great pop.

Originally Posted by spoozy
5609333381_cc66db4698_z.jpg

^Please pm me for my address to send me the tie.

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
IMAGE_052.jpg

^You do slim fit better than anyone else I've seen. You are consistently killin it.

Originally Posted by Mr.K
003-10.jpg

^Red pants are killer.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I think both the buttoning point & the trousers suit you well.

^Thx, UC.

Originally Posted by Navi
Should I cuff these pants or just have them hemmed?

Frankly, I'd invest in a decent pair of light grey summer wool trousers. IMO khakis are hard to pull off and tend to bring down a look and I think they are kind of having that effect here. Also, wool ties aren't the best for warm weather. Especially if you sweat a lot (like me).

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110412057.jpg
[/size][/font][/center][/b]

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

PoppDRRT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nike freerunners, scrub bottoms, Wolf Vs Goat V-neck, Patagonia fleece-vest. In my defense, I am in the neuro-surg ICU today...

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
OmUhQ.jpg

I like the shirt and tie very much ndw, but as others have said, the full cut trousers, not so much..

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
BOOM!

And Torres still yet to meet the back of the net for Chelsea
satisfied.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i know right ... i see NYR avoiding the post like the plague ... lol.

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Uninspired Tuesday

i like it though. pants may be a touch fuller than my personal preference, but you look good in it.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
St Crepin's Day
110412056.jpg

110412057.jpg

bossy - in every sense of the word!!

Originally Posted by acridsheep
ROBOTuesday.

- you promised a softball and delivered.
- jacket + pants are not jiving. jacket/pants + shoes are not jiving. shirt/tie + jacket/pants are not jiving. bottom line its hard to pull off a khaki odd jacket in a "business casual + tie" fit.
- i would rock it as a suit to gain more harmony, or swap out the pants for more of a chino (preferably a blue chino). example posted below:

27xq721.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
conservative business dress Tuesday. Collar's a mess, but it's completely devoid of fusible so I can never get it to look as sharp as I want. Tomorrow: People's Court taping.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks Nii. Though this one felt good to me, I suspected I might get a bit of backlash here. The khaki odd jacket has proven difficult for everything but jeans. And I have resisted pairing this shirt with the easy gray combo so I can see how else I can integrate it. 'Preciate the feedback. Spoo - Great cufflinks. I. Have. A. Plan.... PG - Lately your pocket squares have stood out to me as much as anything else. The fine patterns you have selected make them more subtly complementary than more obvious, bolder choices. If that makes any sense..

Big Bird

Reaction score
I really like the look Spoo. Looks great!

But is that an example of Tom Ford's trademark collar gap?

b35a0ce5.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I like the shirt and tie very much ndw, but as others have said, the full cut trousers, not so much..

^They are teh result of a few MTM orders I placed with various local stores. I like the higher rise, but I went with a slightly slimmer leg from a different maker which should be ready soon so I'll be interested to compare.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Back to work.
e35a0432.jpg

^I'll like the shirt/tie combo, but not really a fan of the fabric on the suit (looks kind of dated to me, but may be the washed out pics) and the skinny lapels.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
ROBOTuesday.

as4121.jpg

This jacket appears to be a size too large for you.

Originally Posted by Anaszi
84111.jpg

84112.jpg

Converse, Nudie, Ettemadis bespoke, Suitsupply RTW, Kent Wang, Filson.

The backlighting and washed out photos make this hard to judge. But I feel that the small scale stripes on the shirt don't balance well with the POW pattern.

Originally Posted by ndw
[In re: Spoo] I'll like the shirt/tie combo, but not really a fan of the fabric on the suit (looks kind of dated to me, but may be the washed out pics) and the skinny lapels.

I agree with NDW on the lapels, Spoo. they're a bit anemic looking in the context of the whole outfit. Your shoulders seems to be reasonably broad and the lapels simply look a touch out-of-place.

…funny to think that I was really into the slim lapelled look even a year ago. Now, I enjoy seeing them only on a 60s styled sack coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads