HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Puffed out chest? Too much waist suppression? Fictitious? I think I just figured out what Spoo does when he isn't selling on eBay...

[​IMG]

I imagine this means he stockpiles summer fit pictures, a la Victor, as well... :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I never realized lufty was so controversial.

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

There's only so much love to go around, so we must make sure it is applied judiciously.

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I'm saving all my love for spoo.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

You're in good company, apparently.

6. freedom_fries

freedom_fries Senior member

not going to the gym for 4 months has taken its toll on my shoulders. and neck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Wow! What fun!

Glad to see not much has changed during my vacation. I've occasionally checked the interwebz and breezed by WAYWRN for the past three weeks - ya'll are looking sharp! :D

As for me - today not only do I look wonderful but I also smell like DerekS!

8. jj-moody

jj-moody Well-Known Member

My 'complaints' have nothing to do with criticism per se, but, rather critiques that are vacuous. I take issue with people who make flimsy criticisms and then do not care to offer suggestions or even elaborate on the critique. I've read several meaningless critiques that have no bearing in reality, and, unfortunately, are given undue consideration by dopey eyed undereducated sycophants who nod unthinkingly. If you have a real critique then it should, by virtue of its sincerity and insight, be able to elevate the style of the person in question or at least expose mistakes. How is this done by claiming a chest is 'very puffed out'. If I can't see it, then something must be amiss with your criticism (especially since it is not just puffed out but very puffed out).

I do not really disagree with you about the front balance comment. And of course it is appropriate to talk about what you like and don't. My own surprise with people talking about how good Lufty's fits are stems from being accustomed to having my suits and the like made for me. Bespoke clothing and lufty's fits run counter to each other, so I am inclined to say that spoo is better dressed than lufty, even if spoo wore garish versace cufflinks once. BTW lufty's fits do not look like they are pulling at the waist because we can hardly see a waist with such a boxy silhouette. I don't know if spoo's outfits are 'pulling' at the waist, perhaps it is an issue of semantics. Regardless, one has to be accountable for the criticisms they make or else you are no better than iammatt. He just says things.

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I don't like the socks for two reasons: because they're more or less "smooth", texture-wise, which looks a bit cheap/default, in my eyes, especially after they've been washed a few times and (probably) start to pill. I'm not saying they are cheap (or pilling); they're probably not.

The second reason is that the matching is a bit obvious, because of the colour. I wouldn't have the same "problem" with blue/grey/brown (you know: my colour trio...) matching. Navy is – almost – always good, I like the dark colour with the dark tie, and it's a subtle reference to the blue shirt, if you will.

It's not a big deal though, after all, when do you see the combination of socks with the top part of an outfit IRL as clearly as you see here in the pics? Maybe when you're sitting across someone in an easy chair and he has his foot on the other knee (if you know what I mean); then tie/shirt/PS are close to the socks and you can actually see the texture/weave of the socks and the combination of the colours, but other than that...

The first thought that came to mind when I saw the pictures was: that looks very nice, Spoo, and for me that's the most important thing. Sometimes when I have that impression and start "analyzing" after that, I see things I don't like, but my overall positive impression remains. Other times I see something "meh", start analyzing it and find out it's actually all good, but again the first impression remains. In short: my eyes are more important than my brains, when looking at clothes.

11. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Jesus Christ, how old do I look? I know that Spoo's got a few inches in height on me, but I'm a 38 coat, 30-32 trou, and weigh all of 150lbs. :butbut:

edit: I guess it's somewhat difficult to guess age from headless shots.

12. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  13. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

This morning. After color correction :teach:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit needs a pressing, I know.

14. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

See, like I have always said, sack coats make people look fat.

15. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

u/c, if you are going to do the blue tie/blue suit thing, I think I a white shirt would look better. Looks a little washed out as-is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.