• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
This is brilliant. A riot of color and patterns that really work well together.

You know what, I've been thinking this back and forward and reading the other criticisms of this combination, but I tend to agree with you. I think that he just about pulls off what with some slight differences would be a mess and makes it, as you say, a brilliant riot instead. This does all depend on what he's wearing down below though. And we can't see that.

As for Spoo, absolutely lovely. I was going to say something more but I think Miran has said exactly what I was thinking better than I ever could.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of patterns, and somewhat ironic coming from me:

BB (Glen check)
CT (Bengal)
Brookville (Argyll & Sutherland)
Kent Wang (Glen Check)
AE

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Soeaking of patterns, and somewhat ironic coming from me:

BB (Glen check)
CT (Bengal)
Kent Wang (Glen Check)
AE

See, this is great. Not only is the matching nice, but it avoids the big fit pitfall I mentioned above. I'm unsure about the pocket square, actually, but the whole picture is far superior to anything else recently posted.

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Shes 2 - and yer damn right shes wearing jeggings. :slayer:

i actually wrote 2 and then thought, no way is he dressing a 2 year old like this.

damn. i was really hoping to clothe my children in burlap sacks for at least 3 years. i need to stay away from parents like you when we finally take the plunge....

Last edited:

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Speaking of patterns, and somewhat ironic coming from me:

BB (Glen check)
CT (Bengal)
Kent Wang (Glen Check)
AE

i like this a lot. i'd stretch out the pocket square a bit, it looks a bit sad in this picture, but everything else is very classy, complementary and most importantly, fits you.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

the whole picture is far superior to anything else recently posted.

While I agree that Lufty looks his finest, I find it shocking that a man of your taste and knowledge so blatantly casts aside the amount of thought and effort in the fit posted by miniSpoo today. That is a Versace jacket, you know.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

While I agree that Lufty looks his finest, I find it shocking that a man of your taste and knowledge so blatantly casts aside the amount of thought and effort in the fit posted by miniSpoo today. That is a Versace jacket, you know.

She's adorable, but I have learned here that commenting on kids and wives can go wrong.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

She's adorable, but I have learned here that commenting on kids and wives can go wrong.

I was just ******* with you man. But you are right.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
See, this is great. Not only is the matching nice, but it avoids the big fit pitfall I mentioned above. I'm unsure about the pocket square, actually, but the whole picture is far superior to anything else recently posted.

I guess, but while I can see that this is well put together and it's all sound and obeys the rules, it's nothing I would think was remarkable. For my tastes, and this is where style is simply a matter of personal taste, it errs a little too much on the side of safety. It's only my opinion, but the step up from this is to be able to take a risk or two and carry it off.

Disclaimer: everything in luftvier's outfit is better quality than anything I own, so I am probably just jealous!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably more SW&D, but it's Friday so something totally different. :)
98bfb165.jpg

She actually pwns me today. :lol:
38b4be5b.jpg
ca67fa9f.jpg

adorable. you know who I'm talking about. :uhoh:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

I guess, but while I can see that this is well put together and it's all sound and obeys the rules, it's nothing I would think was remarkable. For my tastes, and this is where style is simply a matter of personal taste, it errs a little too much on the side of safety. It's only my opinion, but the step up from this is to be able to take a risk or two and carry it off.

Disclaimer: everything in luftvier's outfit is better quality than anything I own, so I am probably just jealous!
Then I have succeeded. You don't have to go balls to the wall buying stuff that's super expensive. If you stick to classic styles, you can pull it off without breaking the bank. Furthermore, this was a challenge to myself. I usually criticize others' pattern frenzies, so I wanted to see whether I could pull off an outfit with no solids. I guess this worked. I disagree that it's necessary safe. It might be "boring", but safe would have been something like a solid light blue shirt and solid navy tie.

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Quote:

I agree that if he could pull off a fluorescent marital aid attached to his forehead, it would be pretty damn next level. In reality, though, I am not sure where the urge to take a risk stand out for taking a risk in classic dressing comes from. You want to be a little different and still acceptable in court, leave the neon socks behind and work on your conversation skills. Not saying yours aren't great, just that in the environment in which this thread (mainly) exists, standing out because you are interesting is much better than standing out because your socks are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads