HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshall Anthony

Marshall Anthony Well-Known Member

2. Marshall Anthony

Marshall Anthony Well-Known Member

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I think that what Matt is trying to say to the current members of this thread is that you all should try harder and photograph yourselves artfully arranged atop giant, plain, white plates. This way, with more unobtrusive negative space, we could better enjoy the cacophony of colors, textures, shapes, smells, and...yes...perhaps tastes of WAYWRN 2011.

Sure, many shots feature porcelain...but is there enough?

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

5. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Spoo,

Your suit makes me so upset that I didn't go with a peak lapel with my 2 button. Ughhh

6. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

To upr (and another poster who owns Bexley)

I am looking to get some suede shoes, and bexley seems to have a couple of cheaper offerings. I was impressed by the pictures I saw from both of you, but have you had the chance to feel their suede?

Specifically I am looking at this shoe, but I think they are too pointy. In your experience, are the shoes you own as pointy as in the pictures online?

http://www.bexley.fr/Bexley/chaussure-Lugano-BOUCLESPRD-FR.htm?blocReferrer=15457

It was a few pages back that someone posted the "Paul." While it looks very long on the website, it looks very proportionally normal/pleasing in the picture that was posted here on SF. I am hoping it would be the same with this shoe, but it would be a costly mistake to make!

7. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

i think so, too

8. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Sorry you ill man, I hope you get well soon. I have got some cold / flu / fuck knows what bullshit illness right now. My head hurts like a MF, body aches, sore throat, fever, cough, ...

I phoned in sick today, Im suprised you are going to work. Your work collegues will soon be developing flu like symptoms :devil:

Only kidding buddy ...

Regarding outfit ... you look exceedingly good. Try not to use your pocket square to blow your nose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT:--- Oh yes, now that you have a 2 year old, be prepared to get ill more often than you are used to - particularly when they start going to daycare or school. I now go through 3 or 4 colds/flu's a year. Previously it would be 1 cold every other year. Im not sure a healthy diet loaded with fruit and vegetables prevents flu, my grocery bill is sky high thanks to my wife being a health nut but since eating this healthy food, the colds and flu's still come! Im wondering if flu shots might be the ticket? Or a multi vitamin? Im sick and tired of getting sick :(. Maybe it is the cigarettes lowering my immune system. I smoke around 10 a day, cant be healthy.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

9. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

A quick comparison between the vertical shots of the Paul and the Lugano model show that the Lugano model is not as pointy as the Paul, and my memory of the stylings of Bexley's offerings in the shop in Paris (on a side street just off the Boulevard Raspail) are that they are not particular pointy - more in line with the stylings of Anglo-American shoemakers, rather than the more pointed French (or made-for-the-French-market) shoemakers. (Bexleys are made in Portugal, according to the shop assistant who waited on me.)

As for their suede offerings, I did not have occasion to check them out (it was the late fall of 2007 when I bought my shoes).

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I've missed you man!! Sniff Sniff.

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Thank you! I will have to pull the trigger soon here. :)

12. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Not nearly as much as Mr Sam- he did a masterpiece over in SW&D.

13. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Missed it. Got to go check it out. Link?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Very nice. Particularly the SB, peak action.

Could be the pose, but the lapels seem to be bowing out a bit, sir. I also think you look better in a wider lapel.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Good to see you on the peak-lapel train today, though.

Sharp, Orge. I like the tie particularly.

15. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Try the Mr Sam thread, which has the original on it, too. Easier than going to SW&D, but you do miss the three pages of photoshopping that occurred before Mr Sam became involved.

But for the not faint of heart, start here, and read through about four pages to get the photo-shopping. Then, wait for it... many pages later (here) comes Mr Sam for the win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.