HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Yeah, well, good luck with that.

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Now this, I like. The tie is wonderful, color, heft, everything. That suit looks like something I drastically need in my closet. Well done.

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Beautiful coat. The fabric is killer. My only nit is it could stand to be an inch or two longer.

This is great banis, the coat is the bee's fucking knees..

4. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

I have an aversion to the polo shirt/SC combo, just can't stand it. I don't know why. Maybe GQ/Details induced.

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thats some mad swag going on in that picture.

7. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Hey Spoo-

Looks like Bradley Cooper is cribbing your look in his new movie:

[​IMG]

8. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

9. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Don't like his collar and his suit is too dark for me. It also looks like the bottom button of his vest is buttoned.

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That guy has good hair.

11. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

No apologies necessary. Down here we can use all the rain we can get. The jacket was thrifted - ebayed rather - back while I was trying that. Worse than just that though, it's most likely an orphan rather than just an odd jacket. I've kept it and wear it though because of the fit - as well as its dated stylistic aspects. For me, it's a FU jacket. I like it because the lapels are huge and it has a single vent. It goes well with the rebellious aspects of my personality.

I've also got to agree about the combo. It seemed to work in my head, but did not come together. What I usually wear with the jacket is something simple - charcoal pant and white/light blue shirt go together well to over shadow the jacket and come together. I've done that before though. Tonight I wanted to push a little bit and be willing to miss. No one there was going to notice the difference, and if I'm not pushing myself, then things get boring and who wants to be boring?

12. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

matt, I am totally fine with you being of a different opinion to what most other users on this board are, you add diversity, which is very helpful, but your way of expressing your opinion is obscene and offensive.
    When you attacked myself in another thread I decided to let go and just leave the thread, because I am not interested in starting a fight with some random guy on an internet forum, I couldn't care less about.
    Still as I continue lurking I observe you offending a lot of others as well.
    Just let yourself be warned, if you won't change the way you behave towards others, especially people who contribue as much to this forum as nii does, I won't be afraid of reporting you to the admins for every single post that is offensive.[/quote]

About time. What bothers me is the fact that Octavian or what was his name was banned in a week for being so belligerent while Iammatt has been doing this for quite some time. Being "old guard" seems to make a huge difference.

13. Manofstyle85

Manofstyle85 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

I have been a long time follower of this forum, since WWRN part I, I was 22. Sadly, I just join and this is my very first post. By the way are part I and II gone forever or are they in Archive hidden somewhere? I'd like to browse trough some old pictures.

I just wanted t play with patterns
    Zegna sport coat, zegna tie, Cadini shirt, Giovanni Marquez shoes

14. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

About time. What bothers me is the fact that Octavian or what was his name was banned in a week for being so belligerent while Iammatt has been doing this for quite some time. Being "old guard" seems to make a huge difference.[/quote]

Obviously, being "old guard" makes all the difference. I agree that iammatt is an asshole, and I don't know exactly why he's such an asshole, but face it - he and a handful of other posters have made this forum what it is. The reality is that it would be a substantial net improvement to this thread and to this forum if you, Louix XIV, and niidog were banished and replaced with a few new fit pics from matt. It's reasonable that he gets different treatment, in the same way that in the university context, a curmudgeonly but distinguished senior professor can and should get away with a lot more than a snot nosed college freshman.

15. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Obviously, being "old guard" makes all the difference. I agree that iammatt is an asshole, and I don't know exactly why he's such an asshole, but face it - he and a handful of other posters have made this forum what it is. The reality is that it would be a substantial net improvement to this thread and to this forum if you, Louix XIV, and niidog were banished and replaced with a few new fit pics from matt. It's reasonable that he gets different treatment, in the same way that in the university context, a curmudgeonly but distinguished senior professor can and should get away with a lot more than a snot nosed college freshman. [/quote]

Well, as long as people are open about this, I don't really mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.