• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

milecargo

Reaction score

id go for some 514s and tailor the shirt. slimming up the shirt would change the look completely. Im not a fan of front pockets, but witha better fit it would look much better. and again, those shoes look fuckin awesome. what kind are they?

The elusive AE Mora (discontinued). Is it just the sleeves of the shirt that concern you?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spoo, Nii, and I were clearly sharing some sort of wavelength this morning, at least as far as ties go:

1e4068a7.jpg

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

id go for some 514s and tailor the shirt. slimming up the shirt would change the look completely. Im not a fan of front pockets, but witha better fit it would look much better. and again, those shoes look fuckin awesome. what kind are they?

The elusive AE Mora (discontinued). Is it just the sleeves of the shirt that concern you?

love those moras. good luck finding them in suede. ive been looking for ages and i just refuse to pay the premium to have AE make them.

The sleeves are too long and too wide, and the chest is too baggy, and theres way too much room in the waist of the shirt as well. With slim jeans or trousers, you really need a slim shirt to keep it balanced. I think the outfit in theory would work well for your style, if the shirt fit better. its not super dressy with the pocket front shirt, which is great. but you'd benefit a TON from a 20 dollar trip to the tailor with that shirt. (or any shirt)

just thinking out loud...kinda rambling probably. but im not 100% on that shirt even if its tailored. it would be ok, but I think youre capable of better than OK. The pants work for you. the shoes look great, and the ties work. Id invest a bit on a OCBD in white or light blue, or a stripe of some sort. A better shirt would change the whole dynamic. You look like you have a similar build to me. Id look out for a BB extra slim fit if youre on a budget. IIRC SteveSmith has some on the B&S forum for a great price. even some black fleece for great prices too. I think the bottom half works for you man. I like the long hair too. Id focus on a few solid well fitting shirts.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

love those moras. good luck finding them in suede. ive been looking for ages and i just refuse to pay the premium to have AE make them.

As mentioned elsewhere, the Mora's are to be coming back to regular stock some time after the first of the year. Leathers TBD.

milecargo

Reaction score

The sleeves are too long and too wide, and the chest is too baggy, and theres way too much room in the waist of the shirt as well. With slim jeans or trousers, you really need a slim shirt to keep it balanced. I think the outfit in theory would work well for your style, if the shirt fit better. its not super dressy with the pocket front shirt, which is great. but you'd benefit a TON from a 20 dollar trip to the tailor with that shirt. (or any shirt)

just thinking out loud...kinda rambling probably. but im not 100% on that shirt even if its tailored. it would be ok, but I think youre capable of better than OK. The pants work for you. the shoes look great, and the ties work. Id invest a bit on a OCBD in white or light blue, or a stripe of some sort. A better shirt would change the whole dynamic. You look like you have a similar build to me. Id look out for a BB extra slim fit if youre on a budget. IIRC SteveSmith has some on the B&S forum for a great price. even some black fleece for great prices too. I think the bottom half works for you man. I like the long hair too. Id focus on a few solid well fitting shirts.

The thought of having tried a suede pair on a while back and not purchasing them kills me.

I really appreciate the shirt and trousers proportions comment -- this is something I've not given much consideration. I'll take the shirt in and see how it looks after it actually fits me (although I'm starting to think that I wear the shirt just because I own it and don't want it to go to waste.)

The waist of these corduroy 511's are 29 -- even a size up from that just looks too baggy on me for my taste. I'll do some research on the brands of shirts that you've suggested.

Thanks for the thoughtful input.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

oh your picture makes them look gray-ish

Yeah I think it was the lighting. They looked almost like a shark skin color (without the sheen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads