HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Playing Russian Roulette with the suit collection today - another one that hasn't been worn in a while. The trouser waist needs to be taken in a bit, but otherwise it doesn't look (or fit) too badly.

Suit & shirt - BB (Fitzgerald and slim-fit, respectively)
    Tie - Lewin
    Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
    Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

:spam:

3. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

My two cents.

In just over six months since joining sf, I have received massive amounts of advice on what to wear and how to wear it. Based on current comments on the few fits that I post, I think it is safe to say that there has been significant improvement from my first days here. The fact that I now know how little I knew back then tells me that there are volumes that I have yet to learn. That doesn't mean, however, that I have not developed opinions and there's that little voice in my head to which I try to listen, usually successfully but not always.

I feel that it is time to begin to repay a bit of the debt which I have accumulated here at sf.

I have refrained from commenting and offering my opinion on the fits of others because I AM such a neophyte but I can't keep taking without giving back. That would be both greedy and selfish. In that spirit, I will begin to offer my thoughts on various fits that I see in this thread and a few others. I know from experience that there will be those who will disagree for a variety of reasons, most notably because I will be wrong but more often, I suspect it will be more of a difference of opinion, of which there seems to be plenty around here!

My opinions will, I hope, be devoid of snark since
    A. I don't know enough to be snarky
    and
    B. Others who DO know enough were not snarky with me.
    Still, Dig's gotta be Dig so expect to endure my own brand of humor.

I hope to be counted among your number for years to come and to all of you who have helped me get started...

Thanks.

[​IMG]

4. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Crusty, I luvs me some windowpane but the socks and the suit seem too 'adjacent' to share the pattern. Perhaps a dotted pair of socks to pick up the tie might have been a bit less expected.

5. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

40L. ;)

pants are a much darker in person...the flash makes them really red.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

7. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Allow me to pick nits. This outfit would benefit from having a different shirt. The pattern, style, and cloth all point to it being more appropriate for wear with a city suit. That's a tweed, country-style jacket. I'm not opposed to wearing such a jacket in an urban setting, but I think they look better with the appropriate type of shirt. It doesn't have to be something overtly country, like tattersall; although, that would work. Something like a solid blue fabric with a little texture would work just fine. But that type of pinstripe combined with the double-cuffs just looks incongruent with the rest of the outfit.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Long time no see man - and spot on advice as usual. Good to see you, and thanks for the advice. Duly noted.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

who made who?

10. SpooPoker

Guys, what do you think about this winter coat? It's a cobalt blue, 100% cashmere. I'll save deets for later as not to influence anything. From far it looks solid, up close you can see the diagonal ribbed herringbone. It looks like it's pulling around the button only because I forgot to close the interior button.
    [​IMG]
    This color is most accurate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Looks nice I think.

12. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

I like the color but don't see it as a staple coat. Just slightly too blue to be an incredibly versatile piece, IMO. However, knowing both your style and the fact that you definitely have other overcoats in teh collection, I say keep it. Adds a nice pop to greys and browns.

Also, I don't know that herringbone is a deal-breaker. I kind of like the texture herringbone can add to a look, just my $0.02 there.

13. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

dude. I fucking dig this. a nice alternative to the grey or black overcoats you typically see.

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

this is awesome and you know it. spill the deets.

15. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I like it. Where do you live where you are already wearing overcoats? It's 100 degrees here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.