• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

P9120005.jpg

Dig, while I was away you have improved your fits about two million percent. Well done! It's nice to see such a great transformation.

Last edited:

milecargo

Reaction score

Dig, while I was away you have improved your fits about two million percent. Well done! It's nice to see such a great transformation.

I like the PS and tie combination.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
todays fit....

and a closeup...

The sportcoat is a little longer than i prefer. and the pants are a little fuller than im used to....would like some opinions on the coat, I love the fabric but have considered getting rid of it dozens of times because im not 100% on the pockets and lapel

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

todays fit....

and a closeup...

The sportcoat is a little longer than i prefer. and the pants are a little fuller than im used to....would like some opinions on the coat, I love the fabric but have considered getting rid of it dozens of times because im not 100% on the pockets and lapel

Quite a daring outfit. I like that you are willing to experiment, that is good. However not all experiments work out as they should :D. I would have to admit to not being a fan of that outfit, I blame most of it on the sportcoat pants combo. Everything fits fine, pants a little baggy but thats alright. I have no personal suggestion other than your evil twin / doppelganger Spoo (;)) and rest of SF may come with some suggestions what to do with that jacket. I personally do not like the jacket, but I have never been a fan of houndstooth. Jacket styling has a vintage appeal, that is good, it has character.

Last edited:

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

todays fit....

and a closeup...

This is very much, "Best Dressed Man in the Sports Bar."

You have pulled off some pretty good fits in the past (if I remember correctly) but this one doesn't work. Besides the jacket being too long, it looks too big for you over all. I like the combination of materials, but the fit is way off.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a long ass day and was not even going to get back into this thread till the morning. But Nii, you are giving Mr.Sam some serious fodder with these poses, may he rest in peace... Derek, you are such a Spoo, its not even funny. :) Im gonna show you in a sec where I made the same mistakes. But valiant effort.

Spoo, I heard you were black..just Ed's color or Drake's..this makes me happy

I want to sig this really, really bad. :lol:

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone following the chess match between Victor and Kevin?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

todays fit....

and a closeup...

Look at two similar (failed) outfits on me, and you will see that this combo, while totally working in your head - is not the best one do do.
d597fccf.jpg

83c63243.jpg

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
spoo, i swear i dont have a back log of all your previous fits so i can rip em off. thats ******* hilarious man.

I like the pattern on the coat, maybe with darker grey trous and a trip to the tailor would benefit. In my head and laid on the bed it looked good, but EVERYTIME I wear that all together I feel off. I need to follow my gut more.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I need to follow my gut more.

This is where I think I am making the most progress. The days I over think it, its a fail.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Derek - SC looks long and maybe a bit bit. It's ok but not great, at least on you. Might work better for someone else. As for the combo, I think the pants, shirt and tie all work but it needs something else. How about a light grey sweater or cardigan instead of the jacket

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

we have a winner - nice job and good decision.

Thanks! There were aspects of the "before" that I appreciated but the "after" is just what I was looking for. I need to hunt SkinnyGoomba down and thank him. I used his guidance on how much to taper them.

Following the trail you have blazed, sir! Carry on, and thanks.

I like the PS and tie combination.

Much appreciated. I'm finally getting a sufficiently sized inventory to be able to make such a match up.

Meanwhile, I could just spit!

I've been obsessing a bit over this fit as I planned to wear it during an upcoming major management meeting of the company for which I work later this week. Today, the dress code came down via e-mail.

Business Comfortable.

W...T...F...?

I've been instructed not to wear a tie during either day of the two day event. :fu:

I'm deep into revision mode as I type this. Fortunately, I recently had some PRL slacks altered that will work well for day one. Believe it or not, we'll be eating "All American BBQ" on an outdoor terrace at 7 pm at a resort just north of NYC. I'm wearing a camel hair blazer (black!) for protection against what I expect to be temps in the 60's(F). The company is suggesting polo shirts!

Thursday is still up in the air but I've got an idea in mind. My only concern is that the shirts that I just purchased and I was planning on wearing are spread collar dress shirts and now it sounds like OCBD would be more appropriate. :fu: :fu:

Barstards!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads