• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dude... you see 5 spokes but you can interpolate that there will be one more spoke to complete a semi-circle.... then multiply that by 2 to complete an entire rim... aka 12 spokes total

Yeah but if you add another spoke, it'd be 180 degrees from the top spoke, meaning that's a 10-spoke wheel like the one on the SLK350. Maybe I should get out my protractor just to be sure...

junior varsity

Reaction score

Yeah but if you add another spoke, it'd be 180 degrees from the top spoke, meaning that's a 10-spoke wheel like the one on the SLK350. Maybe I should get out my protractor just to be sure...

****, i'm actually sick in bed, totally NOT in the mood of doing math correctly :facepalm:

East2West

Reaction score
If it's not 5 or 15 spokes, it's probably a standard slk
MY2010 is my guess

East2West

Reaction score
Backhanded death threats. Gotta love SF.

haha. but where would we be without zee spooster? the clothes dont always make the man. (no ****, hes just a nice guy)

As it pertains to this thread, it won't matter given all these headless photos. Same clothes so it'll be a seemingly seamless transition

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My effort for today.

Suit deets: P Johnson Tailors MTM; Loro Piana French Navy S120 All seasons wool; SB and 2 button; notch lapel; double side vents; soft shoulder; hand finished; side-fasteners on the pants; 5-inch cuffs.

Other deets: Shirt is an Alumo poplin button-down (light blue graph checks on white ground) from Charles Nahkle Bespoke; tie is a Sam Hober bespoke (Forest green linen and silk); PS is from H'Bone.

And from another angle

Photos were taken with a crappy iPhone in Charles Nahkle's shop. :)

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah. People that knows their cars can tell a lot just by the rims. It's pretty common among car guys but seem impossible among regular folks.

figuring out what kind of car it is from the small part of the wheel shown... is the SF-equivalent of seeing a small glimpse of a pocketsquare and knowing exactly what brand it is

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Double FIH. (It has some other names as well, but can't think of them at the moment.)

It's intellectual copyright now, as well, I hear. Prepare to be beaten up by iThugs if worn.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's 70's here today and I saw a dude wearing tweed at my college :brick:

Snark directed at me? Well yeah, I guess brown corduroy doesn't really tote everyone's boat. But what's wrong with a guy wearing tweed?

Henkie

Reaction score
It's not entirely appropriate for warm weather. Tweed is more something for winter.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's not entirely appropriate for warm weather. Tweed is more something for winter.
Oh, ok. I thought he meant bown corduroy suits being typical 70's artefacts. And that he, at the same time, just bashed tweed for no apparent reason at all. Yeah, I'm not all there with the English language :embar: Here in Sweden it's definitely time for the F/W fabrics though.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC today warrants the revival of pincord, if only for a brief last hurrah before fall begins. Choice of footwear strongly suggest by the Spoo-meister, when last I posted a summer suit (with less apropos kicks).

Suit - Haspel
Shirt, tie & shoes - BB

IMGP0999484x1280.jpg

IMGP1000688x1280.jpg

IMGP09961082x1280.jpg

IMGP0997891x1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads