• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spoo, here is what I would change, this is all obviously subjective. The sport coat for me does not work. The pattern is fine, but the colors are too bland. With that coat, I'd break out some blue or brown colored pants. I don't like wearing ties that have a color in common with the coat, obviously sometimes it's unavoidable but a solid brown/blue tie would have worked better. I would have done a dark brown. On the shirt, a ver small patterned check would have been good but you never really go wrong with a solid blue shirt. Shoes are fine.

The tie is the same fabric as the green I have now

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received back from BB's alterations department an MTM suit that I had made eight years ago, and which needed to be taken in due to weight loss in the intervening years. I found a shot of me wearing it in 2003, and have done some shots of the same suit today - I thought the comparison might be of interest, though August is hardly a month for three-piece suits in most of the Northern Hemisphere . . .

2003 -
135-3518_IMG.jpg

2011 -
IMGP0978443x1280.jpg

More shots, 2011 . . .

IMGP0979626x1280.jpg

IMGP0976821x1280.jpg

IMGP0974974x1280.jpg

IMGP0975840x1280.jpg

junior varsity

Reaction score

what are these shoes?

zyh6hyz

Reaction score
found a long mirror in a different floor restroom
so now i can take full length shots

but the downward angle makes me looks like a total triangle
my legs are not THAT skinny

Scsleevewatch.jpg

i need to figure out something else to do with my pocketsquare (i bought that off a member here who rolled the edges himself)

i had been wearing the sportscoat with jeans only before today
tried pairing the SC with navy pants for the first time
i think it's just ok... i need to figure out a better color combo
info for this watch please??? looks awsome...

ravens52

Reaction score

Originally Posted by acecow
In a hurry today. Haven't had time to look at other fits, unfortunately. Played with my camera outside a little. Here's my entry:

gkPSU.jpg

Still a little cold for loafers without socks, but I'm not a *****, unlike UC.
fight[1].gif
laugh.gif

The PS and belt I could live without, everything else is
thumbs-up.gif

That fit is dowloaded into my "fitstoemulate" folder.
your waist belt is so nice:)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Well balanced outfit, with a touch of uniqueness and elegance. The Upper half from cuffs to neck = excellent. The part encompassing the shoes, there is something I cannot put my finger on - I do not dislike them, but they occupy a strange territory of being casual penny loafers yet at the same time present themselves as the sleek and contemporary Italian loafer. Maybe I am just not used to the Italian style loafer.

Spoo, here is what I would change, this is all obviously subjective. The sport coat for me does not work. The pattern is fine, but the colors are too bland. With that coat, I'd break out some blue or brown colored pants. I don't like wearing ties that have a color in common with the coat, obviously sometimes it's unavoidable but a solid brown/blue tie would have worked better. I would have done a dark brown. On the shirt, a ver small patterned check would have been good but you never really go wrong with a solid blue shirt. Shoes are fine.

The tie is the same fabric as the green I have now

Thanks guys, for the advice. I usually do this jacket with browns, but I wanted to lighten it up a bit because I have been accused of late of wearing too "fall" colors.

IRT to pants - Ed, no joak, no spam for you, these are by far and away the most versatile, best fitting, best material, and generally easiest to go to pants I have owned. I don't know what I would do without them. Ive got more mileage from them than anything else I own. Thanks for making them.

I just received back from BB's alterations department an MTM suit that I had made eight years ago, and which needed to be taken in due to weight loss in the intervening years. I found a shot of me wearing it in 2003, and have done some shots of the same suit today - I thought the comparison might be of interest, though August is hardly a month for three-piece suits in most of the Northern Hemisphere . . .

Crusty, I gotta say - I miss the goatee.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SF nashville meetup? tie shopping, a shoe shine, and nordstrom cafe. ;)

if this nordstrom doesnt have a shoe shine stand, ill be fecking peeved. thats always been my favorite part of nordstrom.

There is a shoe shine stand! Bubba is the shine guy, he seems skilled. We'll also be only the second Nordstrom to have a full-service restaurant (with bar).

I'm all for a meetup! No SF discount, though. :(

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

There is a shoe shine stand! Bubba is the shine guy, he seems skilled. We'll also be only the second Nordstrom to have a full-service restaurant (with bar).

I'm all for a meetup! No SF discount, though. :(

Best news ive heard all day! (keep in mind its 6am on a saturday haha)

lets get something planned!. Im really excited for the cafe's tomoato soup. damn that was good

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Well balanced outfit, with a touch of uniqueness and elegance. The Upper half from cuffs to neck = excellent. The part encompassing the shoes, there is something I cannot put my finger on - I do not dislike them, but they occupy a strange territory of being casual penny loafers yet at the same time present themselves as the sleek and contemporary Italian loafer. Maybe I am just not used to the Italian style loafer.

Green beige brown, thats it (neutral blue base) - and only the SC and a peek of a PS had a pattern?

those pants are the ****. makes me wanna throw out all of my tan trousers. :slayer:

nohio

Reaction score

Congrats. You appear to have grown 10 years younger (instead of older) since then. Coat really flatters you, but I think you could do with a little more taper in the pants.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what are these shoes?

The brand name is Bexley. I bought them in Paris in 2007. The model name is Paul, and Bexley does sell by E-tail - www.bexley.fr - and they are not overly expensive.

Crusty, I gotta say - I miss the goatee.

Congrats. You appear to have grown 10 years younger (instead of older) since then. Coat really flatters you, but I think you could do with a little more taper in the pants.

Don't listen to this.;)

Nohio, I think that you may be right in terms of the tapering of the trousers - a few wearings will tell if they need a little more work. As for the goatee, Spoo-meister, so sorry to disappoint, but it's not coming back anytime soon, as much as it was "my trademark", it was also quite grey (the miracles of Just For Men Just For Beards hid that fact), and comments such as "you look ten years younger" tend to kill my desire to grow it back.

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
Vic,

Your fits seem to often have a strong 'graphic' quality to them that I very much like.

Especially the way you use shoe color to balance out the entire composition.

G.
Thank you, G. I think I understand what you mean by "graphjc" quality.
As for the shoes, I really care much about my shoes, and the way I choose them. Hope I have more 2 or 3 pairs.

Cheers

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads