• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does this mean the gods are agreeing I should sell this suit? That would really ******* suck if my building collapsed and my last fit was this one.

to meet gianni with his name on your suit. not too bad. ;)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very elegant IST, very elegant.

Cheers

Vic
awesome!! especially shoes.
St. C's are always wins. Great Grey Pinstripe suit!
This? This is exactly how I would dress if I had my druthers.** Love the dark colors with the splash of blue - exactly the kind of thing that makes me smile. Especially with those shoes. Totally killer.

**I work in a business where dressing in a suit is actually inappropriate in the extreme. ;)
Thanks guys! I hope that earthquake hasn't caused the big harm.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I suspect we all wanna. My reaction to that is like Homer Simpson's to doughnuts.

tom ford has a brown flannel-ish smportcoat i was eyeing at niemans. holy beard of zeuss it was the ducks nuts. but at 3400, no dice for me.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was there just an earthquake in NY?

No, it was in VA. But they shared it with the rest of the mid-Atlantic.

i heard it was 5.8 some say 6.0

Local seismologists recently decided to split the difference at 5.9. Certainly a doozy for the Piedmont, but nothing that would impress our friends on the Left Coast.

I hear that the east coasters who felt the earthquake are pretty freaked out about it.

Only a few drama queens.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think you should sell the suit, SP - either that or burn it.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote for sell the suit, Spoo - the fabric up close looks a shade sleazy, and the shoulders are big-looking on you.

As for the local earthquake, I felt nothing, but, as I had been sequestered in a former bank vault for the afternoon, having a long and quite deliciously boozy lunch (a retirement party for a former boss), there could have been a thermonuclear attack at street level and I don't think that I would have felt that either.

junior varsity

Reaction score

As for the local earthquake, I felt nothing, but, as I had been sequestered in a former bank vault for the afternoon, having a long and quite deliciously boozy lunch (a retirement party for a former boss), there could have been a thermonuclear attack at street level and I don't think that I would have felt that either.

:rotflmao:
i didnt feel **** either, but i was busy in bed doing discover channel :rotflmao:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been considering selling this suit for a bit, so testing out one more wear to see if I do want to keep it. The shoulders are a bit big. Keep it, or work on it? Its a very dark chocolate brown. Also, lapels are a bit skinnier than my others, but that does not bother me so much.
a8281eeb.jpg

1a0e987a.jpg

42bd3544.jpg

1bbc1e8f.jpg

Spoo, the lapels are more of a dealbreaker for me than the shoulders, also is the sleeve (your right) twisting a little.
The fabric is interesting, not sure if I like it or not...seems more of a cocktail suit than business wear. overall, the combo works for me, but the suits detailing isnt quite sitting right.
I think you can and do better with others.
Sorry if I'm being harsh, but if your not sure as well, I say flip it forward.
-TTO

I never made it past the lapels, honestly. Sell.

Ouch...I just read the next page. It would appear that my advice was not necessary. Oh well, post count still goes up by one whether it's meaningful or not.

Last edited:

cronicmole

Reaction score
Victor, let me save you some trouble. No one is buying **** from your tailor.. stop flashing his name

junior varsity

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads