1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Collar stays are overrated and I wouldn't even had noticed the lack of a ps if you hadn't mentioned it.

1 person likes this.
  2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

this is giving me an idea... of making AE shoes not look as clunky ...
    1/2 - 1 size up and narrow down a width?
    hmm
    next time i get a chance, i might try this

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  4. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I'm assuming you would be trying them on, not buying online, correct?

5. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

of course
    i don't buy shoes or suits without trying them on first

6. chogall

chogall Senior member

I think something is missing here. Asides from the cuff pooling/stacking, it seems you are thrusting your upper body forward. Not sure if you have a very erect stance during these pictures, or the suit is off balance.

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

So, if I start wearing longwings, can I get a sleek shoe donation, too?

I'd watch it.

What's the URL?

1 person likes this.
  8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

It'll be an ill-fitting shoe that will likely crease oddly and won't break on your foot properly.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

checking in.....
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. forex

forex Senior member

^^Could you make that knot even bigger?

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I liked the color of this tie enough to take fit pics. Trousers are a dark charcoal herringbone, not black.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Details:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

+1 Looks like he's going to be doing some NFL commentary work.

13. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hmmm I feel like I should dislike this more.

Anyway, plz do something about that honking tie knot.

1 person likes this.
  14. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Rob - it may be your pics, but you seem to be having the falling backwards syndrome that has been discussed here the last few days.

Also my first impression i got of your picture was to give you oblige to press your suit, give you a shave, tug your jacket downwards and forwards, hem your pants and change your shoes. Sorry bra.

15. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

no clue why it always comes so damn thick....its a single four in hand....pulled the knot as tight as i can....still comes out this thick
    again, i know. love the tie, but with the thick knot, i can only wear it with the cutaway collar shirt.

not sure how to take it, so Im taking it as a complement that you dont absolutely hate it :lol::lol:

again, if anyone could give me some info on how the hell to make that knot smaller, id love some help. But to my knowledge nothing makes a smaller knot than a four in hand.

****click on the pic to make it bigger....I think since the collar is a cutaway the sides of the tie coming out of the knot makes it look so much bigger...little better detail in the larger pic.

16. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Half windsor.

1 person likes this.
  17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Damn, Derk - thats a goiter at your neck! Over, around and through - try that, should reduce the swelling a bit. Also, the pants - are they about 7-7.25" at the cuff? Is the rise about 10 - 11"? I think you would benefit more from a slightly higher rise and a wider opening at the cuff. You have virtually the same body as I do, so Im pretty sure you would be happy with trying something a little higher and fuller. Your torso (like mine) is extra long, and the lower rise pants make it look longer. You like sleek shoes (like me) and narrow pants are not my favorite with sleek shoes when the hem is on the long side. If you are going to keep these pants with these shoes, take em up 3/4" or so, and I think you would like the look better.

Just my humble.

18. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

The collar looks like it may be a little too high for you?

That aside, it looks great without the stays IMHO...

1 person likes this.
  19. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I enjoy your looks, especially your mix of street and MC but this doesn't do it for me. It seems to be mixed metaphors. Classic/semiformal 3 piece concept, with casual patch pockets, casual fabric weave and casual button color,paired with a formal/semiformal white contrasting collar shirt. It seems to want to be a hybrid but isn't casual or formal.

Perhaps if you wore a solid blue or white BDOC shirt and a bit more casual knit tie (Black or navy would be a cool retro look) and a solid white linen pocket square with a puff and not a TV fold? I think that would make a huge difference and fit more the look of the suit yet.

As far as the cut, it seems a bit long (camera angle perhaps??) and the pants seem rather long (maybe just need to be pulled up?). I would also go with darker horn buttons or wear brown shoes with these buttons and not oxblood.

Sorry if this seems to be picky. But I honestly think that the overall look of this outfit could be so much better with a different perspective.

20. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

dude. thats exactly how i tie....Its not as big as it looks...its thick, but the small pic makes it look like the part that goes around my neck is part of the knot....

agreed on the pants as well. You raised some GREAT points on the fit....Im currently looking for some decent trousers that fit me exactly how i like. as of yet, I dont have any that im 100% sold on. frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.