1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

They have worked together as long as I have known Manuel which is at least 20 years but some one told me they have split and operate separate businesses now. They are always very dapper.

2. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

[​IMG]

Thanks for the critique - I agree with you pretty much point for point. I wish the jacket were a touch longer. It is slightly roomy, but I like the shape of it and I am hesitant about altering it as I'd rather keep the shape than just have it be too tight. The shirt I usually wear casually without a jacket and tie, but was actually inpired by some of your past combinations to try it out with some solid navy... perhaps I should have also gone less casual with the pants - it was either these (cotton) or grey wool... I just thought the beige might warm up the pallette as opposed to the grey cooling it off.

I really like your sober, yet interesting outfit today.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

iLoled at your picture. Im just trying to voice what I see, as many others did for me when I needed it this week, so trying to give back a bit. But its better to know, right?

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I keep hoping you'll convince me you know more than you're letting on, because I always enjoy a well-informed challenge to orthodoxy. But so far you seem content to rail against the existence of SF "experts" even as you try to position yourself as one.

If you're not trolling, which I assume you are, your opinions are likely to be considered more seriously if you let them stand on their own merits, rather than wrapping them up in a personality fixation.

5. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

@spoo:
    No worries - at the end of the day I still have the "It's just clothes" attitude, and I know that my wardrobe is by no means exceptional. I am definitely one of the people that are here to learn. That said I'm also "that guy" at work who dresses up, wears pocket squares, wears colorful pants in the summer months, and makes some of his own clothes - so I get a few comments from time to time - useful criticism is refreshing when the comments are usually "What is the name of that color?" and "Is that a napkin in your pocket?"

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  6. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I didn't think that someone would write a response nearly as long as my post, but you nearly succeeded.

1 person likes this.
  7. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Interesting Chris, thanks for that. BTW, I saw Manuel recently and your name came up. He mentioned that he's known you a long time and that he thinks very highly of you.

8. Eason

Eason Senior member

So what's the verdict on my gray suit? Unwearable? Should I find a shorter version of me and give them it? :(

9. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

9.5D, usually.

:laugh:

Yep.

10. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Do you like the fit? Do you have the money to buy a new one?

I posted a SC here recently that got shot down (in a nice way :p ) but I'm not giving the thing away. Funny thing is I get quite a few compliments on it from strangers/colleagues. It bothers me a little knowing the shoulders are too wide and that the waist is taken in too much, but it is wearable.

That being said some of my SC's are not wearable and fit me terribly, these I will be selling soon. Don't let SF rule your wardrobe, no one has the budget for that.

11. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Eason,

I don't think it's unwearable. I would clean up the trousers a smidge - in both posts it seems a little bunched up at the crotch. After that rock it for any number of nighttime social occasions with sharp shirts and open collars, etc. etc. In other words, play with it's 'of the moment' fit - it's sexy on you. Not sure I could recommend wearing it to work or 'proper' daytime situations though - it's so trendy it's really more 'street wear' than anything else.

Of course, that's just one opinion.

12. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

It's stylishly short. It's too short for my tastes, but you may find differing opinions here.

13. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am probably capable of that, and foo could of course exceed it by a factor of four.

14. Despos

Should SF add word count and add it just below post count?

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am a man of many posts, few words and almost no content.

16. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Ah, but would you?

17. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

^Yeah, my take would be similar. It's very fashionable, very of the moment. But it's not outrageous. It wouldn't be my first choice for an extremely conservative setting, but otherwise, wear it and enjoy it. For stuff like that, it's more about context than right and wrong.

18. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

keep it. adjust the trous a bit though. its not classic CBD, but not unwearable. I think you can easily make it work.

19. Despos

Have you started dinner yet?

20. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

When will you be here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.