• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to admit I didn't think you were gonna pull that one back from the brink, man. Well done. Now just add a lighter pocket square with some kind of pattern to get a little texture in there.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^ That may be the best look you ever posted, PT. Srs.
Showing my support for the Smurfs movie...
North - Perfect South - :lookaround: :)
I really like how the tie has just a touch of a similar color to your suit and shirt to coordinate and pull the whole outfit together. Most of the time when someone looks good in an outfit it is because it is well coordinated in color.
Whenever PSG comments positively on color, you know you positively nailed it. Thanks man.
Spoo, a detail I am always wondering about is your ring. Is this your wedding ring? You wear it all the time.
Its not my wedding ring. Its signifies a personal allegiance to something, and I never take it off.
Looks high ranking illuminati to me.
He nailed it. That.
Victor - no need to get emotional. This is a regular cycle on SF. New poster comes, new poster gets loved, some stalwarts of the board get salty/jealous of the attention they are getting ... repeat cycle
You keep saying this, but I am totally missing it. I have not read every post the last few days, but who is getting salty?? I see just some light hearted ribbing. I personally :inlove: Victor and am in awe of his sunshine.
Cue the pink shirt brigade:
White PS and this would have been Babe Ruth'ed.
Victor have more photograph compositions in archive than Mother Russia have IL-2 Sturmovik in 1944! Carpet bombing of WAYWRN with pics of happy set of clothes make Victor new king of WAYWRN!! King Spoo hide his head in shame, and cower in fear of Victor and his arms of athelete! Victor will break you!! :slayer: Mike p.s. Have a Good Dog!
You are nuts dude. :laugh:
Great look, a subdued Spoo. Though I think the scale of the lapels and collar could call for a bigger tie knot.
Good point, noted. Thanks!

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for Victor's post.....:slayer:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL

Well done PT though I miss the moustache and flamboyant look you were doing before. Stay young! :slayer:

Last edited:

wannabe

Reaction score
Okay!

Let's see what SF groupthink thinks about my second suit (first suit still at the tailor).

WAYWT8111.jpg

charcoal with white pinstripe.
pink shirt.
red tie.
white pocket square.
full brogues.

Personally, I feel that my pocket square isn't folded correctly and should be more flatlined. Yay? Nay?

Last edited:

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally I think you should worry about other important stuff before you worry about your pocket square.

-You need wider shirt collar
-Jacket lapel too slim
-Tie too slim
-Jacket button is pulling too tight
-Pants too long

That is just based on my very subjective personal preference. Do not take what I said seriously.

Doxe

Reaction score
Victor,

Please keep posting lots of pictures. You are doing a wonderful service.

Like Victor, I also shave my head and have a light complexion. Not having any hair to provide contrast with my skin makes it very difficult to wear certain shades of colour. As a result, I've tended to keep to the dark blue and brown palettes when choosing clothes. Yet the pictures that Victor has posted are excellent examples of how to wear lighter shades for a person that shaves his head and does not have a George Hamilton tan.

I come here to learn by example: Victor is my muse, my hero, my champion. :slayer:

I stopped coming to SF after the re-launch of the new site. But now that Victor is here I check it every few hours.

:fonz:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I stopped coming to SF after the re-launch of the new site. But now that Victor is here I check it every few hours.

:fonz:

You want me to ask him if he's single and interested in hooking up with you?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very dark blue embroidered dragon shirt from local supermarket, authentic(hahahahaha!) Jack Jones jeans from Shenzhen.

I live outside of the groupthink.

Last edited:

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Personally I think you should worry about other important stuff before you worry about your pocket square.

-You need wider shirt collar
-Jacket lapel too slim
-Tie too slim
-Jacket button is pulling too tight
-Pants too long

That is just based on my very subjective personal preference. Do not take what I said seriously.

My opinion diverges with just about all of these except the last one (pants too long), as I have nothing against slimmer lapels and narrow ties.

I do think a smaller knot is warranted, however, which would (GASP) perhaps even call for a smaller collar.

preposterous

Reaction score
Okay!

Let's see what SF groupthink thinks about my second suit (first suit still at the tailor).

WAYWT8111.jpg

charcoal with white pinstripe.
pink shirt.
red tie.
white pocket square.
full brogues.

Personally, I feel that my pocket square isn't folded correctly and should be more flatlined. Yay? Nay?

• Lapels look oddly shaped.
  • Pulling at waist.
  • Quarters (lol) too closed.
  • Pants too long.
  • Eyes too closed?

Last edited:

wannabe

Reaction score

Personally I think you should worry about other important stuff before you worry about your pocket square. -You need wider shirt collar -Jacket lapel too slim -Tie too slim -Jacket button is pulling too tight -Pants too long That is just based on my very subjective personal preference. Do not take what I said seriously.
Does a wider shirt collar mean a spread/cutaway type of collar? I do agree with your opinion of the slim tie though. I will definitely be trying to get a wider red tie (only red tie I have ATM).
My opinion diverges with just about all of these except the last one (pants too long), as I have nothing against slimmer lapels and narrow ties. I do think a smaller knot is warranted, however, which would (GASP) perhaps even call for a smaller collar.
I think you're my new best friend. :nodding:
  • Lapels look oddly shaped.
  • Pulling at waist.
  • Quarters (lol) too closed.
  • Pants too long.
  • Eyes too closed?

What does the term "quarters" refer to? The lapels are oddly shaped due to this suit being a 3-button that I've pressed into a 2. I know, I know, it's a crime, but I wanted a 2-button that badly and the roll didn't come out right, so I just flattened it. Small eyes! To pieceofsand, freedom_fries, and preposterous: I do agree that my pants seem a bit long long in this picture. However, when going in shoe-less, I thought the pants were a bit too short. I believe this is just the shoe being larger than the pants leg opening, causing some bunching, and I will try to rectify this with a new shoe/more hemming. Thank you for your suggestions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads