• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Win. Including the steps.

For the sake of his students I hope he's not nearly so windy in real life, but somehow I doubt this will be true. :D

Nah, he lays it down realz for sure. He seems the type to plant a G&G Deco ********** of some young scamp who got all rowdy and what not.

By the way, Given that the speed of light is 3.0 x 10 (8) m/s , what would it be in miles per hour?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You can tell that **** is a good teacher. Right there. He gave the extra credit assignment in front of the whole class.

From my observations since joining, it seems like a lot of people here don't actually know how to critique, or take criticism. A lot of people can only critique from their own perspective. It's like a food critic who writes a in a review of a French restaurant that he'd have liked it more if it were Italian.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

From my observations since joining, it seems like a lot of people here don't actually know how to critique, or take criticism. A lot of people can only critique from their own perspective. It's like a food critic who writes a in a review of a French restaurant that he'd have liked it more if it were Italian.

Who are you speaking of, specifically?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Win. Including the steps.

Nah, he lays it down realz for sure. He seems the type to plant a G&G Deco ********** of some young scamp who got all rowdy and what not.

By the way, Given that the speed of light is 3.0 x 10 (8) m/s , what would it be in miles per hour?

3.0 x 10 (8) x 3600 (i.e. the number of seconds in an hour) - since you asked . . . :devil:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The steps - are they somewhere in the rear of the Victoria and Albert? I seem to remember steps like those leading up to the silver exhibits - Minton, IIRC.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

.. :/

I didn't know women posted on SF.

If that's a woman, she's gone commando, and her Mons Veneris is crawling down her right leg. (What's sadder - or stranger - still is that the straight men who post on this thread noticed this anatomical anomaly before I did - I must be getting old . . . . .)

Withaque

Reaction score

:nodding:

Iammat and others occasionally, offer succinct, quality advice and opinions on what they see. But sometimes it is just easier to say a fit is "awful", or "nice", then leave it to others to figure out why.

It is not incumbent on any member to give detailed criticism. So when a member takes the time to offer their thought on a fit, consider it and, if you deem it valid, use it it to build on your next fit. If not, give a reasoned response, or let it go.

Post after post of :slayer: and :worship2: do nothing to explain why a fit is a good one. If you don't want to see anything else, this is probably not the place for you.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is not incumbent on any member to give detailed criticism. So when a member takes the time to offer there thought on a fit, consider it and, if you deem it valid, use it it to build on your next fit. If not, give a reasoned response, or let it go.

+100

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can tell that **** is a good teacher. Right there. He gave the extra credit assignment in front of the whole class.

For the sake of his students I hope he's not nearly so windy in real life, but somehow I doubt this will be true. :D

That's why it's an experiment. There are a number of folks around who provide different perspectives with different motivations. Part of the immediate nature of WAYWRN is that things are critiqued at that moment. I wonder what some time in digestion and contemplation would do.

I hope Alex joins me and we can get started tomorrow. During classes I tend to lecture less and ask more questions. I expect my students to already have read the days lab and material, and running them through calculations ahead of time is my favorite way to check. When questioned, I generally try to ask questions which make them walk through the correct logical sequence that will turn the light bulb on over their head. Thus far, I've not had the need to plant anything anywhere. The criticism I receive most in reviews is that I come off intimidating to the point of being unapproachable. Between that, and my visible zero tolerance policy on academic dishonesty, I've not had any real problems with students yet. This next semester I'm working on being more approachable.

P.S.

BTW, I would love it for all of you to present for presentation day. :D

P.P.S.

669600000 miles per hour. 186000 miles per second, 3600 seconds in an hour -> 186000 * 3600 = 669600000 mph. I could do the meters to miles conversion too if that step is necessary: 1 meter = 3.33... feet, and there are 5280 feet in a mile...

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who are you speaking of, specifically?

Well, I was inspired by the whole "don't wear two patterns together" quote-unquote "rule", but mostly by a comment on PG's recent post, "I dont like the tie but the suit looks ok". Do you not like the tie because it doesn't work with the outfit, or do you just not like the tie because you wouldn't like it no matter what it's worn with?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's why it's an experiment. There are a number of folks around who provide different perspectives with different motivations.

The art of taking criticism is understanding the perspective of the critic.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which is part of the reason for waiting a week. By requiring that they gestate, criticisms will be more focused and the perspective of the critic is more discernible. As opinions are re-evaluated away from the initial impression, more details of the opinion have time to form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads