HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Win. Including the steps.

Nah, he lays it down realz for sure. He seems the type to plant a G&G Deco in the ass of some young scamp who got all rowdy and what not.

By the way, Given that the speed of light is 3.0 x 10 (8) m/s , what would it be in miles per hour?

2. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

From my observations since joining, it seems like a lot of people here don't actually know how to critique, or take criticism. A lot of people can only critique from their own perspective. It's like a food critic who writes a in a review of a French restaurant that he'd have liked it more if it were Italian.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Who are you speaking of, specifically?

4. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

3.0 x 10 (8) x 3600 (i.e. the number of seconds in an hour) - since you asked . . . :devil:

5. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

The steps - are they somewhere in the rear of the Victoria and Albert? I seem to remember steps like those leading up to the silver exhibits - Minton, IIRC.

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

If that's a woman, she's gone commando, and her Mons Veneris is crawling down her right leg. (What's sadder - or stranger - still is that the straight men who post on this thread noticed this anatomical anomaly before I did - I must be getting old . . . . .)

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I thought he looked rather sharp. Perhaps you could tell us how one should dress "for a day on the sea"?

8. Withaque

Withaque Well-Known Member

:nodding:

Iammat and others occasionally, offer succinct, quality advice and opinions on what they see. But sometimes it is just easier to say a fit is "awful", or "nice", then leave it to others to figure out why.

It is not incumbent on any member to give detailed criticism. So when a member takes the time to offer their thought on a fit, consider it and, if you deem it valid, use it it to build on your next fit. If not, give a reasoned response, or let it go.

Post after post of :slayer: and :worship2: do nothing to explain why a fit is a good one. If you don't want to see anything else, this is probably not the place for you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

+100

10. SpooPoker

Whats up, stranger?

11. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

That's why it's an experiment. There are a number of folks around who provide different perspectives with different motivations. Part of the immediate nature of WAYWRN is that things are critiqued at that moment. I wonder what some time in digestion and contemplation would do.

I hope Alex joins me and we can get started tomorrow. During classes I tend to lecture less and ask more questions. I expect my students to already have read the days lab and material, and running them through calculations ahead of time is my favorite way to check. When questioned, I generally try to ask questions which make them walk through the correct logical sequence that will turn the light bulb on over their head. Thus far, I've not had the need to plant anything anywhere. The criticism I receive most in reviews is that I come off intimidating to the point of being unapproachable. Between that, and my visible zero tolerance policy on academic dishonesty, I've not had any real problems with students yet. This next semester I'm working on being more approachable.

P.S.

BTW, I would love it for all of you to present for presentation day. :D

P.P.S.

669600000 miles per hour. 186000 miles per second, 3600 seconds in an hour -> 186000 * 3600 = 669600000 mph. I could do the meters to miles conversion too if that step is necessary: 1 meter = 3.33... feet, and there are 5280 feet in a mile...

12. SpooPoker

^ Its days like this I really enjoy my StyleForum experience.

13. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Well, I was inspired by the whole "don't wear two patterns together" quote-unquote "rule", but mostly by a comment on PG's recent post, "I dont like the tie but the suit looks ok". Do you not like the tie because it doesn't work with the outfit, or do you just not like the tie because you wouldn't like it no matter what it's worn with?

14. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

The art of taking criticism is understanding the perspective of the critic.

15. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Which is part of the reason for waiting a week. By requiring that they gestate, criticisms will be more focused and the perspective of the critic is more discernible. As opinions are re-evaluated away from the initial impression, more details of the opinion have time to form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.