1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achillus

Achillus Distinguished Member

I do agree on this one, but i think a four in hands with a extra twist would make it looks better.

2. Gdot

Gdot Distinguished Member

However, if you closely at the picture Achillus the double wrapped four in hand is exactly what the poster has done.

I think the issue is compounded by the general shape of the tie and the thiness of the tie fabric.

Does anyone ever do a triple four in hand? I've never tried it.

I still like a Windsor myself - but I know that saying so amounts to near blasphemy around here - and I don't wear them any longer despite my appreciation for them.

3. luftvier

luftvier Distinguished Member

I disagree with you; it looks fine to my eye. I'd prefer to have a knot that's a tad too small over a monkeyfist.

4. EFV

EFV Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Couldn't agree more.

5. Gdot

Gdot Distinguished Member

I hear you - But what am I supposed to do with all of those WONDERFUL ties I collected in the late 90s. They are 3-3/4" wide, thick silk weaves, triple lined beauties that make up into a knot that fills a cutaway collar like no currently popular tie can even come close to with a quadruple wrapped four in hand!

We all thought we were the shit in them! So Brit! :crackup:

FOR SALE: Extensive collection of Ted Baker ties - lovingly worn - currently lonely and unloved - destined to live the remainder of their years in a plastic storage bin.

6. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Distinguished Member

+1/2 I think a standard Full Windsor would be plenty...but you are correct, the tie knot is way too small for the collar and the lapels.

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I have a couple of ties that only look good with a Windsor, but they don't make a fat knot. With FIH, they knot up wimpy. My affection for the Windsor is inversely proportional to size:

[​IMG]

:uhoh:

8. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

9. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Distinguished Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Took my best friend and his wife out to dinner last night for their anniversary. Here's the evidence, followed by a question.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In these pics I'm wearing my newest shirt from Hemrajani Tailors and I'd like feedback on the collar choice. This is the widest spread I've ordered from them so far, and I think I like it quite a bit. Still looks like it may need to be taller, though. Please offer your opinions on its band height, point length, or spread width.

I've provided a longer angle photo to help you judge it against my neck length and face shape.

[​IMG]

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

There is a terrible, horrible, nasty joak to be made here, which I will keep to myself for now. But talk about lobbing one to us :lol:

I think it could stand to be a little longer in the points, definitely a bit higher, but its clearly far and away better than any other collar you have posted.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

11. forex

forex Distinguished Member

TB, I think that the shirt is fine but the jacket is awful. I think you are wasting your energy trying to fix something that doesn't need fixing, you really need to get a well fitting jacket or a couple of them. I have yet to see a jacket that fits you well, I think you'd do yourself a great favor by getting a custom sport coat made that actually fits you well. I say custom because it seems like no OTR jacket fits you well.

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

I think it varies depending on the trouser obviously. This last pair I posted look to be about 8" on the dot..

13. Parker

Parker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Quote:
    Looks pretty good, TB. That's as wide as I'd go, but I prefer a very mild spread, almost a regular point collar. The back height seems fine. You could ask for a little more height in front if you wanted. I'd also ask for more tie space, especially if you wear chunky knit ties like that.

14. f-bodeee

f-bodeee Active Member

15. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.