1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethandesu

ethandesu Senior member

A very rumpled Saturday look - Ariston Linen, Thomas Mason Shirt, Drakes Knit, White Jeans, Hermes pochette. [​IMG] desu

2. ethandesu

ethandesu Senior member

how do you work at p johnson and armoury?

also - your carmina cordovan boots are [​IMG]

I move back to Hong Kong and The Armoury in 3 weeks, but have really enjoyed working with Patrick the last month or two. A great guy, and a great product.
    The shirt is Thomas Mason Silverline, the Royal Twill. The handmade option from P.Johnson with the ruffled shoulder, cuff and yoke detail. Expect PG to be in a few as time goes on.

desu

3. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

After yesterday's quantum leap (not perfect, but progress comes in fits and starts [no pun intended]), I'm slightly bewildered by today's fit. I think it may just be that I can no longer get with the narrow lapel.

Bewildered? Sorry you didn't like it.

4. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

[​IMG]
    That jacket really has a lovely shape.

Why Did You Buy Those Shoes Challenge?
    [​IMG]

Like this pic. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good'un.

[​IMG]
    This too.

5. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

6. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

^To be honest, at least in the photo, the coat looks like a suiting material and there appears to be too much waist suppression. Khakis, IMO, are very hard to pull off without looking like a schlub, unless you are like Parker, and I think a wool pant would have worked better. I always think comments about tie width in relation to lapels or chest size or whatever are silly, but this tie looks too wide. Cant really tell its color. Finally, PS just looks out of place to me. Can't tell collar fit, but shoulders look nice and it looks like you have a nice watch. SOrry to be harsh, but you asked for a critique. Feel free to disregard my comments.

thanks! The jacket is a linen/wool blend. Hard to tell in the pic. I agree on all counts once it's pointed out to me. Not harsh at all. It's information I need!

7. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

A little breezy today...

[​IMG]

Cool pics, Pete.

Yum.
    [​IMG]

I see you are fully enjoyng the South, Spoo. [​IMG]

How did you get your hash browns?

A very rumpled Saturday look - Ariston Linen, Thomas Mason Shirt, Drakes Knit, White Jeans, Hermes pochette.

[​IMG]

desu

I like it.

Mike

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ [​IMG] I'm having a blast. There were some characters in there as you can see. Scattered, smothered, covered and peppered.

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

waffle house... man I miss America [​IMG]

10. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

waffle house... man I miss America [​IMG]

+1
    but soon I gonna be in Seoul also [​IMG]

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

12. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

New shoes

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

And what I need next are some suede shoes... Tobacco brown monks. What else.

14. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

New shoes

[​IMG]

Nice shoes.

Jeans...........not so much [​IMG]

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Fred, ndw, ob5 - thanks. That suit is easily my favourite DB. One day, I'm going to go the Far East and get it copied (with a few little adjustments in various places ) and get a few more suits in this cut. Somehow it extends the leg line and slims me down without being tight anywhere. In fact, it's actually looser on me than some other jackets, and yet looks slimmer.

This is not mine, since it's an old picture, but these are my funkiest shoes.

Do you still wear them? They seem way too pointy for you!

TGIF Cross post from consrvative thread. Not my craziest shoes, but I had actually forgotten about any challenge.

You and me both, as I mentioned! Funnily enough, I like everything about this look except the shoes. I find wholecuts very tricky. They should be formal, given the lack of adornment, but that very lack of seam somehow makes them casual-looking to my eye. I've never bought any, as a result of this cognitive dissonance re: their place in a wardrobe, but if I had any, I think I'd tend to wear them casually rather than with suits. The shirt/suit/tie combo is wonderful though; the tie adds a nice splash of light-heartedness.

would like some critiques....not sure about the tie...i think it may be a bit too much blue with the tie shirt and jacket.

Jacket is way too tight; look how the lapels bow outward. You may be able to alleviate the effect by reducing the waist suppression, but the real issue is that it just isn't roomy enough for you around the chest.

Is seersucker popular much in Blighty?

Not really, though it appears occasionally around water on sunny days.

Looks pretty good from what I can see. From what I can remember, I've thought some of your jacket's have been a bit too short/tight, but this looks more balanced. A full pic would make judgement easier, of course.

A very rumpled Saturday look - Ariston Linen, Thomas Mason Shirt, Drakes Knit, White Jeans, Hermes pochette.

Very nice combo; loving the colours and patterns. Are the jacket sleeves a bit too narrow for you though?

16. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Deets!?!!

17. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Do you still wear them? They seem way too pointy for you!

You're good, HF. Haven't worn them in more than a year.

Deets!?!!

Voilà .

18. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wow! Nice. Dankzij.

19. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Nice shoes.

Jeans...........not so much [​IMG]

exactly the opposite...

20. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Wow! Nice. Dankzij.

Thank you (dank je)!

(Dankzij = thanks to, as in "Thanks to your Donegal thread, I got a Donegal suit." [​IMG] Sorry for the [​IMG] .)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.