• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bafe

Reaction score
Question:
How do I remove a duplicate reply?

Last edited:

bafe

Reaction score
My first WAYWRN - I've learned a lot from this thread and think it is time to take the next step and post pictures for criticism.

18July11026-1.jpg

This was an unnaturally low angle which is not very flattering. I'll crack out the tripod next time.

I've recently posted my first picture and altough my look was far from flawless, I didn't get any criticism. I think most pictures from unknown/new users just go unnoticed, if they aren't very peculiar.
I suggest you to wear a tie next time. I think it adds much more character to the (quite common) combination of slacks and SC.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've recently posted my first picture and altough my look was far from flawless, I didn't get any criticism. I think most pictures from "unkown" members just go unnoticed if not very peculiar.
May I suggest you to wear a tie, next time? I think it adds much intrest to the (quite common) combination of slacks and SC.
You've posted a horrible quality photo at a very unflattering angle in your flip flops. What do you expect?

bafe

Reaction score
You've posted a horrible quality photo at a very unflattering angle in your flip flops. What do you expect?

No positive comment, but It's still possible to comment on the fit (which I admit is really poor, esp. in the jacket) which was my intention.
I don't even have a camera at home and the quality of my phone's camera is horrible, I think for the next weeks I will not be able to post anything better. I'll probably just comment, without posting any pic.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No positive comment, but It's still possible to comment on the fit (which I admit is really poor, esp. in the jacket) which was my intention.
I don't even have a camera at home and the quality of my phone's camera is horrible, I think for the next weeks I will not be able to post anything better. I'll probably just comment, without posting any pic.
If you want comments on the fit, start a separate thread. This is not what this thread is about. Also, no one can comment on your fit if the pictures are so bad. Take better pictures from the right angle and then people would be glad to help you.

bafe

Reaction score
If you want comments on the fit, start a separate thread. This is not what this thread is about. Also, no one can comment on your fit if the pictures are so bad. Take better pictures from the right angle and then people would be glad to help you.

As I said, I'll wait until I have my camera and tripod back, for now I'll just avoid taking pictures with a camera phone.

NotDickDiver

Reaction score

This splendid tie and shirt combination creates a dazzling effect. There's power in pink! I wonder what this would like with your blue DB blazer and white trousers?

Sure, I am no great contributor on this site, but I will say this, nothing of this combination seems right. It may be the picture that is doing it injustice, but as far as I can tell the jacket looks loose, the red in the jacket, shirt and tie seems to crash or is overpowering, and I really think the knot is wrong with that collar.

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

King ****. There is no way that should be pulled off but you nailed it. I assume it's a SC. What pants you got going? Deets on shoes?

It not SC, is a suit. Drawing of trousers precisely same. Shoes - C&J Belgrave Suede. Thanks for the comment.

This splendid tie and shirt combination creates a dazzling effect. There's power in pink! I wonder what this would like with your blue DB blazer and white trousers?

Thanks, Maestro! I think it good idea!

absolutely amazing. love it. :fonz:

Thank you!

Sure, I am no great contributor on this site, but I will say this, nothing of this combination seems right. It may be the picture that is doing it injustice, but as far as I can tell the jacket looks loose, the red in the jacket, shirt and tie seems to crash or is overpowering, and I really think the knot is wrong with that collar.

I am a little confused, however.... Thanks.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not conservative business dress, GMS.

Is GMS a bowdlerization of Grown-Ass Man Style that I coined for Mike B? If so, I'd like some royalties for each use... :lol: :fence:

kcc

Reaction score

Wore this on Saturday

Only fasten the middle button on your coat; lighter color neckties for lighter color suits whether linen, cotton or fresco (I prefer worsteds) fabrics in the summer. Chi-town? If so, then stop by SAKS 5th on Miracle Mile, speak to Henry Woford of the men's clothing for further style tips. Overall looks good, points for shirt cuffs :nodding:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Add pocket square. Subtract top button on jacket. Good to go, sir. :fonz:

My first WAYWRN - I've learned a lot from this thread and think it is time to take the next step and post pictures for criticism.
18July11026-1.jpg
Diving into WAYWRN is a good move. More and better pics, though, will garner more (and more useful) criticism. In addition to the long shot, take a couple of closeups to reveal the details. And, as you said, break out that tripod. :)

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only fasten the middle button on your coat; lighter color neckties for lighter color suits whether linen, cotton or fresco (I prefer worsteds) fabrics in the summer. Chi-town? If so, then stop by SAKS 5th on Miracle Mile, speak to Henry Woford of the men's clothing for further style tips. Overall looks good, points for shirt cuffs :nodding:

Thanks for the advice, thinking about turning into 3/2. No, NYC Rockefeller Plaza.

Add pocket square. Subtract top button on jacket. Good to go, sir. :fonz:

Working on some grabbing some pocket squares

dan138zig

Reaction score
I'm torn between posting this here or on the Q&A thread. But anyway, just got a custom suit tailored and pretty pleased of the result except for the shoulder pads. I feel that it's too wide about 0.5-1 inch. What do you think? Where should shoulder pads sit anyway? Never mind the t-shirt and the girl room.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads