• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy pic, but you get the idea. Jacket is linen, shoes are suede, everything else is cotton. (Right jacket sleeve is caught on shirt.)

Corneliani
PRL
Thom Browne
Kent Wang
CK
Pierre Hardy

Hi Spertia,

Even though us noobs have been told not to post comments 'round here I'm going to throw caution to the wind and offer you some thoughts.

All the components are nice - good quality etc...........

Just wondering if it's all not just a little too muted. (perhaps it's just the pic)

I also think the proportions on the jacket are not your friend. If that's a Corneliani jacket it is most likely fully canvassed and could probably successfully have the lapel re-rolled down to the second button so that you had a 3/roll 2 jacket. I think that proportion would be better for your build. The jacket also seems a little long in that your overall balance of torso to legs seems long on the torso and short on the legs (although technically the jacket is of a correct length.) This may also be caused by the camera angle - so take it all for what it's worth.

:nodding:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm stunned. Based on the pics we both post, I've always assumed that I am taller and skinnier than you are. If your numbers are right, though, I'm about half and inch shorter and 20 pounds heavier. I wonder how much of the difference in appearance is a result of the fit of our clothing and how much is the photography.

Or perhaps it's just my warped self-image. :crazy:

Pictures are very deceiving. I am amazed at people's comments on their height and such all of the time.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pictures are very deceiving. I am amazed at people's comments on their height and such all of the time.

Did you think I was shorter too?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry bout the weird pose, mrs stitch was holding new baby stitch and only agreed to one pic.

tie is new from spoo. :fistbump:

Hi Stitches,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting trousers with the non style forum approved full break style. It's still my personal preference in many instances and I wear it too. Can't stand to have my trouser cuffs flopping around when I walk.

I'm trying to get accustomed to shorter trou.....but so far I just feel awkward with them. Guess it's 'cuz I 'came of age' in the 70's when jeans were too short if they didn't drag the floor and fray, and dress trousers were full break with slant towards the back to accomodate our high stacked heals!!!!!

:happy:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nice bow tie, and overall combo.

Today:

DObB1.jpg

What better way to celebrate SF's new start, than by wearing THE cheesiest tie on the planet? :)

Thank you, and hat's off to you for being bold enough to wear that tie. Do love the linen(?) SC.

-TTO

Great combo. Deets on the tie plz.

harry2quinn

Reaction score

Then let my soul be cleansed.

f770a036.jpg

dcf01b14.jpg

ae2a3e09.jpg

b5aaa3b6.jpg

Ha, case in point. That's sick. Killer summer look.

Crappy pic, but you get the idea. Jacket is linen, shoes are suede, everything else is cotton. (Right jacket sleeve is caught on shirt.)

Corneliani
PRL
Thom Browne
Kent Wang
CK
Pierre Hardy

Sorry, but this really isn't doing it for me. Jacket needs to be more fitted, pants are too long, the right sleeve looks too short for some reason and while you could have made the casual shoes work with either the jacket or the tie, the two together make the top half too formal for the bottom half.

Novelty tie time...

DSC_1165.JPG

DSC_1160.JPG

DSC_1161.JPG

Apparently you don't just have great products, also a great look. :slayer:

Yeah, bet you guys didn't guess I'm 6'9".

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi Stitches,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting trousers with the non style forum approved full break style. It's still my personal preference in many instances and I wear it too. Can't stand to have my trouser cuffs flopping around when I walk.

I'm trying to get accustomed to shorter trou.....but so far I just feel awkward with them. Guess it's 'cuz I 'came of age' in the 70's when jeans were too short if they didn't drag the floor and fray, and dress trousers were full break with slant towards the back to accomodate our high stacked heals!!!!!

:happy:

haha no problem dot (if i may)

i had a bunch of my pants that were rediculously long tailored to sf standards and it im still getting used to them. these are short enuff that i felt id rather leave em as is. :)

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even though us noobs have been told not to post comments 'round here I'm going to throw caution to the wind and offer you some thoughts.

No worries, I appreciate the input.

In the jacket's defense, it's really a size too big now, as I've lost quite a bit of weight since I bought it. I need to have it tailored again or just buy some new jackets.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I know you do, man.

Lufty, triumphant return of the red jacket! That is "the" red jacket, right?

If that isn't THE red jacket I can't imagine what would be! :happy:

Lufty - props on the jacket! The button stance and arrangement is just great - makes the nipped in waist look perfectly appropriate. Not sure I could personally ever have the guts to wear those lapels. But I totally groove on their FU excessiveness.

Also props for the bit loafer shoes - the vibe seems just the right 'old steez' to work with the hat. (I still have a pair of bit loafers as well - will never part with them.)

I presume you don't have any serious business to attend to today?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads