• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i see you like the bright colors. not my thing but if it suits you rock on. you could use some shirt cuff showing though.

Considering the rest of the package, I'd bet it's a short sleeve shirt.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.J.V
No need to cut back, but posts of your fits would be nice. Not too many finns in here...
smile.gif

Working on that, just need to buy a decent camera and a tripod first. You have made an excellent start, by the way, keep them coming.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
I wore this to work today.

No words just.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
No words just.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

other than a select few (you know who you are), the last 15 pages of this thread have been THIS.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To pull off these bright suits, you really need to go "whole hog" with it. The conservative haircut and glasses are incongruous with the rest of your look and make it seem like you're dressing up as someone other than yourself.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm. OK, good point. I am color-blind and don't like wearing contacts.

FTFY2 (fixed that for you, too)
biggrin.gif

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
worship.gif

OMFG. What can one say except you must have quite an extensive wardrobe, or else you really went all out for this fundraiser! Is that riding crop ivory?
Originally Posted by Milo Minderbinder
I've been lurking for months, and this is the first post that's got me to actually comment. This is awesome. Everything about it. Admittedly, not for day to day wear, but I think you nailed 'Safari Chic' on the head!
Originally Posted by Tristan.sf
+1. I want that riding crop.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I'm sure it certainly did! You must be one of the few people to actually have the wardrobe to fulfil that dress code without needing to raid a costume shop...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IronRock
Just fantastic!!

Thank you for the kind word gentleman. I had a wonderful time at the event. I do occasionally wear the suit as "day wear", but then my day wear is not necessarily the same as other's day wear. I will have to post pictures the next time I do. The crop is actually bone. Something I acquired in my youth when I was collecting walking sticks and the like.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Page 429, if left on standard SF default page settings, is my favorite page ever in this thread.

Really? Even with the Polar Bear rear-end? I edited my post to include the one recent picture that page 429 was somehow lacking.

And here is a little something I wore yesterday. Just another bow-tie yearning to be recognized by the great Mr. Sartoria​

i-vWNJQcZ-XL.png

My button actually popped off while taking this group of photos!​

i-NGRcJSm-XL.png

i-NNsd3xC-XL.png

A close up to better render judgment. Hopefully before Mr. Sartoria's Threak implodes:​

i-tQD8jLm-L.png

I need to work on the settings with this camera. Though there has been a lot of good advice in this thread and others; I think a pinned tutorial thread would benefit a lot of members- Noobs and veterans alike (Manton/Mr. Morel). The shirt is actually light blue with white collar and cuffs. Yes, I would like the spread to be wider too but I had it made many years ago and I have not found the right fabrics to replace it with.

Chapeau: Borsolino
Bow: Robert Talbott
Shirt: Linen, Made to Measure, Robert Talbott Estate
Suit: Linen, Made to Measure, Polo Ralph Lauren
Pocket Square: Linen, Polo Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Alden
Braces: Trafalgar
Hose: Polo Ralph Lauren
Watch Chain: Antique​

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
Jesus, kevinsp8. Tone it down.

It's not too bright, it just isn't especially unified. He needs to think about texture and spend some time learning color theory. Purple, Aqua and blue green are all one side of the color wheel without conforming to any sort of pattern.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1024&bih=677

There's no contrast, but it also isn't even monochrome. That color of suit really wants some cordovan shoes and a warmer colored tie and square.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
MBreinin- The cut on that SC you posted last is really good. Fits you really well.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

waywt002-2.jpg

Maybe it's something weird with the lighting/camera, but this looks like two different types of fabric in the same color, worsted on top, sharkskin below.

Oh, and yowza!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore this to work today.

waywt002-2.jpg

It's Pride weekend boys, and I'm just getting warmed up.

Now back to your regularly scheduled navy suits with brown nubby ties and TV foldzzz.

Jesus ******* Christ.
snork[1].gif

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
MBreinin- The cut on that SC you posted last is really good. Fits you really well.

Thanks, man.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics