HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

The cufflinks are new - lapis lazuli and mother-of-pearl - from the Met Museum's store - I had rather a spree there this weekend.

[​IMG]

I definitely need to upgrade my cufflinks. I really like those.

Meanwhile, a good friend of mine from an automotive forum who resides in the M.E. posted a pic with the caption, "Yo Digster, bring it!".

If it's not too inappropriate and, with his implied permission, I am posting it here.

[​IMG]
    Keeping in mind that he is not currently (to my knowledge) a member here and is only marginally familiar with the site and its various themed thread parameters, your comments are hereby invited.

As for myself, due to the fact that it's Opening Day here in TLoPL, I'll likely be wearing my Orioles jersey (the back is blank with no name or number) so no pic from me will be forthcoming. I'm certain no one will mind.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

^ Gah! Now I'm even more bummed I wasn't quick enough to snag those raw green Panta's. Very nice.

4. JKMWCL

JKMWCL Senior member

Here is what I wore to a big steeplechase in SC this weekend, I don't have pictures for the sake of fit but I assure you everything fits well.WARNING this isn't going to be everyones cup of tea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The old Carolina Cup...we missed it this year - finally sone good weather for it too, if a bit windy. Knowing the event, I really like the look...well done!

SPOO That tie......those SHOES.. [​IMG]

5. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I definitely need to upgrade my cufflinks. I really like those.

As it was, this past weekend was the optimal time to buy them - they were 50% off, and members got a 20% (as opposed to the normal 10%) discount for any purchases made in the gift shop. The discounts made the temptation overwhelming.

6. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

NVM

7. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

8. JKMWCL

JKMWCL Senior member

Acrid Nice new suit, congrats! Dig everything here except the tie...that is, the tie with THIS fit. I also assume the suit is blue and not black as it seems in the pics....I assume this b/c of the shoes selected.

9. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    ^ Suit is definitely blue. Lighting in my office is terrible, as is the camera on my iPhone.

Glad you like it, thanks!

10. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Trying out the Rubinacci today. Can't wait for my PS order to show up. [​IMG]

Also wish my moderntailor shirt didn't turn out painfully short in the arms/shoulders. Wasn't feeling the gingham in the collar but had to make do...

[​IMG]

11. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

12. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Forgot to set out a pocket square last night, and didn't want to wake my wife up hunting for one this morning. So I had to go without. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

First day back after a wonderful vacation...new shirt and vintage Oleg Casini tie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Acrid Nice new suit, congrats! Dig everything here except the tie...that is, the tie with THIS fit. I also assume the suit is blue and not black as it seems in the pics....I assume this b/c of the shoes selected.
    I have to agree. The suit looks rock-solid, but I just don't like that tie with it...even if Ian Fleming would approve. Next time, try a silk tie and I bet you'll knock it out of the park.

15. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Forgot to set out a pocket square last night, and didn't want to wake my wife up hunting for one this morning. So I had to go without. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is why god made foldable paper in the copy machine...from five feet away no one can tell the difference, and BOY does it hold a crease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.