• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Well, I was seeing 9 to 5, and since I don't think I'd make a very attractive Dolly...

I think you chose the right outfit then!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by jwmbro
Here's a regular length tweed jacket I'm wearing today...

That's two jackets in a row that at least appear to fit a bit oddly; too narrow across the upper chest, too squared-off through the torso. It makes them appear somewhat awkward. I'd suggest trying out a few different makers and seeing if this is something that changes with other brands.

Originally Posted by joneog
jo_bz_1.jpg

This is pretty cool. Trousers have a decent line to them, and the fabric of the jacket looks nice. It also seems vaguely familiar; purely out of curiosity do you happen to know what fabric it is?

Originally Posted by Digmenow
Sweet Mamma! I need to cut back. I'm ahead of kitonbrioni?

But kitonbrioni is pure outfit posting power with no dicussion at all; his posts are therefore more efficient...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin
WW-1.JPG

I tend to think of these colours/patterns as your comfortzone/sweetspot, at least over recent months; you do variations around them very nicely.

Chilled-out sort of day...

VvJqx.jpg

joneog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
The jacket looks good,who is the tailor?

Originally Posted by Holdfast
This is pretty cool. Trousers have a decent line to them, and the fabric of the jacket looks nice. It also seems vaguely familiar; purely out of curiosity do you happen to know what fabric it is?

It's an older Zegna mainline(3-roll-2, can't really tell from the crappy pic,) 80/20 wool/cashmere blend. Not exactly summer weight but it's unlined so it works well on these mild(er) days.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
I like this a lot.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Philip1978
Solid outfit, really like the tie.

Gracias.

Originally Posted by EFV
^ What this guy said.

Danka.

Originally Posted by sugarbutch

Grown-ass man style. Nice, Mike.

New sig.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast

I tend to think of these colours/patterns as your comfortzone/sweetspot, at least over recent months; you do variations around them very nicely.

Thanks, HF.

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Just catching up on this thread here. Give me a little bit to go though everything I missed. BRB.

Page 429, if left on standard SF default page settings, is my favorite page ever in this thread.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Please forgive the photo quality. I smuggled this camera to work in ******. Keystered, if you will.

Thurs1.jpg

Thurs3.jpg

Thurs4.jpg

i like it. do you work in jail?

Originally Posted by MBreinin
WW-1.JPG

WW-2.JPG

love that jacket mang
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Page 429, if left on standard SF default page settings, is my favorite page ever in this thread.

really?! i mean my post on that page was pretty good, but there have been better.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy ****, I had to go back and check that out...but like Domino's, that **** delivers. A dude in full safari gear, a PT sighting, a "tucked in" cargo pant look and our own BGA. Solid.

Originally Posted by in stitches

love that jacket mang
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks, I wanted to wear the Purple Label version of this that is quite similar, but I am too ******* fat to wear it right now.
plain.gif

Mike

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blush.gif

Well - it was an interesting page - to say the least.

For my first 'rig' I offer up the image in my avatar/profile pic. I'm the little guy on the left. My mother was the 'queen of fit' - alterations tailor to the three guys in the family.

I presume that for a 5 year old in 1964 no one will have any serious complaints.

Some current test fits will follow in the next day or two - just got two new suits back from the tailor to evaluate and I'll appreciate the observations from the group.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot
I presume that for a 5 year old in 1964 no one will have any serious complaints.

Dude. Seriously. You buttoned both buttons? And they let you go out in public like that? Sweet cheezus.
laugh.gif

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Dude. Seriously. You buttoned both buttons? And they let you go out in public like that? Sweet cheezus.
laugh.gif

It's your attention to detail that I most admire!

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your sig Gdot.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads