• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
OK i HATE to do this but....
WHERE THE F*%# IS PHAT GUIDO?

Hong Kong..?

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
IMAGE_097.jpg

I think bows look better without a button down. I like though.

QUOTE=Orgetorix;4628099]
DSCF7843.jpg
DSCF7847.jpg
DSCF7848.jpg
[/quote][/SPOILER]
Really like.

Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
I’m glad this thread is still keeping things interesting…

In an effort to revive the meme of the picture Mr. Sartoria use for his Esquire entry; (maybe an image you should claim, Mr. Poker in your ongoing series of meme profile pictures?) Here is a little ensemble I wore for a recent fundraiser at the zoo. The invitation did read “safari chic”. I hope this qualified…

i-d8P4fGR-L.png

A close-up of the accessories. If you look close you will be able to see the half belt and gathered back of the coat I wore underneath:

i-cmcs8D9-L.jpg

Chapeau: Authentic Pith
Cravat: Custom, Carrot and Gibbs
Shirt: Made to Measure, Hickey-Freeman
Suit: Made to Measure, Polo Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Alden
Braces: Trafalgar
Hose: Pantherella
Crop: Antique
Watch Chain: Antique​

Bonus picture of a Polar Bear posterior:
i-svJZzSN-L.jpg

Just fantastic!!

Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
qhttX.jpg

Perhaps it's the camera angle and you bowing your head, but I didn't recognize you at all from the first picture.

Won't mention the trousers again but just so much better without the tash! You pictures are way to BIG.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
BarimabyAlexWilsonMay2011b-w.jpg

"No, no, no, Jeffrey. Those are my time-traveling trousers. Bring me my fighting trousers."

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Does this answer your question?

IMG_0544.jpg

No, should it though? Look, I meant no offense, just said what came to my mind. If you feel fine in that outfit, then you should keep wearing it. You obviously have your own style and I think you do it well. It's just I think the whole look you have going for you is a little out of touch with reality.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
No, should it though? Look, I meant no offense, just said what came to my mind. If you feel fine in that outfit, then you should keep wearing it. You obviously have your own style and I think you do it well. It's just I think the whole look you have going for you is a little out of touch with reality.

That said, when I see loud pinstripes I want to see a fuller collar and a weightier tie. As is, it's all very overpowered. Satin needs something matter to pair with it to tone it down. I don't like the waistcoat either. Maybe a grey with a little more depth would work better there.

That sounds kinda ramble'y actually... In short, fuller collar, weightier tie and more textural waistcoat.

If you really want to project over the top authority, get the waistcoat made with lapels.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
I think bows look better without a button down. I like though.

Funny thing, I think bows and button downs goes together like summer and Caiphirinas.

Btw, loving these bow tie outfits:

Originally Posted by barims
This year's first portrait shoot comes courtesy of my friend Alex Wilson

BarimabyAlexWilsonMay2011.jpg

More at Mode Parade

Originally Posted by A.J.V

Got inspired by all the nice bowties pics there has been recently and decided to go with one today. Extremely hot in here at the moment, so linen it was (except the bowtie)...

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
IMAGE_097.jpg

thumbs-up.gif

tshaw

Reaction score
^Funny thing, I think bows and button downs goes together like summer and Caiphirinas.

I agree with you, except they 'go together'
blush.gif

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kevinsp8;4630209 said:
Does this answer your question?

IMG_0544.jpg

I suspect my friends have accepted that I'm a bit eccentric.

worship.gif

I thought your look was just silly - however..........the results seem worthwhile

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jwmbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
^ Basics before patterned hanky, for the luv of God!

- B

Originally Posted by luftvier
What Vox said. These colors don't work together at all.

Thanks for the honest feedback. Any specific ideas which color to get rid of / replace?

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Jacket also looks about 1-2 inches too long. If that's a regular, you need a short.

It's a (40) Long. I have the problem that long is often too long for me, and regular is often too short.

Here's a regular length tweed jacket I'm wearing today. Also went with some more conservative color choices.

WAYWRN10.jpg

boring socks

WAYWRN10s.jpg

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks gents! MC it must be the mirror, lol. I have been adding to shoulders/chest and removing from the waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads