• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by koning
Holdfast You think you are funny? Let me wear my tight trousers with my Italian friends, so you can keep your (always way to) baggy pants and suits style. Deal. And thanks for entertaining me.

But his mangina isn't showing.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very casual today:

ek32Y.jpg
huZtS.jpg

And a little something from the weekend:

LirBB.jpg

4GwWO.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
He may not, but I do!

Indeed, I'm glad to see that the pent-up anxiety quotient on this thread remains high

green_machine

Reaction score
i am a noob to the fashions but here is my try. i put on my flame marsupialant suit so fire away.

i thought this went well all together even though it doesn't sound like it would work.

shirt is orange checker banana republic slim fit
jacket is grey wool "parallax" from france (??? found it in a thrift store)
pants are kenith cole light brown
tie is haines & bonner
ps - ?? light blue
shoes - some jobber shoes
phone - metro pcs

062811211329.jpg

062811211903.jpg

062811212059.jpg

062811212416.jpg

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Finally! Someone is throwing down with Holdfast and his snarky, wisecracking, innuendo layered within tangents buried underneath elliptical references.

Let the wagering begin.

- B

In that battle? My money is, and will always be with the plucky psychiatrist.

Midpoint

Reaction score
Hi,

Over the past couple of months I've worked my way through all of WAYWRN II and III, making it to the current end of that thread tonight. It has been a long journey, and my determination did sometimes waver but now I feel something of a sense of achievement/completion/spiritual awakening.

Things I've had to work at not posting:

'It's so brave of you to post pics with that physical deformity'
'Is that rickets?'
'Being colour blind must really make selecting a tie difficult'
'Too many pages! Will you all STOP WEARING CLOTHES RIGHT NOW!' Mein Gott! Imagine those pictures.

How might the thread be described in a report for the KGB?

'Members of the group contribute pictures of their mobile phones, which usually take centre stage. Many of the pictures are taken furtively in restrooms without the knowledge of the other users. Others are taken in family homes when the spouse is unaware. Images sporadically contain small animals or children, and when this happens senior members of the group give encouragement. These ring-leaders often leave coded messages using what are a series of as yet undeciphered acronyms/one time pads, sometimes deleting messages soon after transmission - presumably as a security measure. Occasionally cells meet face to face. Details of these meetings are usually kept offline. Fridays may have  some religious significance in this cult.'

Slightly more seriously, I'd like to thank everyone of you - regular or militia - for helping me learn so much about what I increasingly come to see as things that have importance, regardless of recent cultural and social trends. I would also commend the collective on the relative infrequency of spats given the level of personal involvement of the thread and the sense of community between men (and a few women) of all shapes, sizes, hues and social and financial statuses. On that last point, in all my reading here I have not come across anything that might be construed as a 'go away poor person' comment, even though there is obviously a wide range of incomes.Â

I have become quite fascinated by the backdrops/contexts to the pictures. Some are constructed as perfectly as the dimple in the tie, others as wild as the character in the image.Â

Six months ago my own personal state of dress was whatever two levels below remedial was. At the age of thirty seven, I didn't know how to tie a tie - or own one. One cheap black suit. One pair cheap dress shoes.Â

Now I own a dozen Drake's ties, three pairs of good quality shoes in a good triad of colours, one dozen pocket squares in linen and silk and five suits - only top of the line from Marks and Spencer's, but I have something a bit more special in my sights for when I get my next royalty cheque. My new Rolex pleases me more than it should. I have learned to shave properly and regularly. I've even had a couple of alterations done to take into account my own distinctive physiognomy - thighs of a rugby player, head of the Mekon, arms of a T-Rex...

You are responsible for this transformation, you are the reason I now regularly receive compliments on my dress. That work colleagues are embarrassed at their own appearance when seen with me pleases a darker spot in my soul.Â

The next time this thread causes conniptions in your heart, I'd like you to remember that there is an audience that is overwhelmingly glad of your efforts - be you master or apprentice.

Thank you very much.

M.

robasaurus

Reaction score
Finally! Someone is throwing down with Holdfast and his snarky, wisecracking, innuendo layered within tangents buried underneath elliptical references.

Let the wagering begin.

- B

50 quatloos on the newcomer!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow, lots of catching up to do...
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Can we stop requoting huge pictures without spoiler tags?
+1
Originally Posted by green_machine
i am a noob to the fashions but here is my try. i put on my flame marsupialant suit so fire away.
i thought this went well all together even though it doesn't sound like it would work. shirt is orange checker banana republic slim fit jacket is grey wool "parallax" from france (??? found it in a thrift store) pants are kenith cole light brown tie is haines & bonner ps - ?? light blue shoes - some jobber shoes phone - metro pcs
062811211329.jpg
062811211903.jpg
062811212059.jpg
062811212416.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Looks pretty good, welcome. I think the SC looks a little dated / thrifted. Consider spending just a few dollars and upgrading the buttons to something with a little more 'pop', eg horn, mother of pearl, etc and it may give the jacket some new life.
Originally Posted by odiv
Today:
2011-06-28_1-e1309309013943.jpg
[/SPOILER] Really noticing the weight I gained while on vacation here. iPhone pic this time, but it doesn't look that bad. Wish all of my shoes got in the shot and my pants didn't look quite so messed up, but you can't have everything.

no offence (you said it first), but I have to agree. Everything looks nice but the jacket is starting to get a little bulgy. Maybe wear the SC open? pants also look a little sloppy... wind?
Originally Posted by spoozy
The Spooz is still alive...heavily fired at in the office, so long working hours and no time to focus on taking pictures for the SFers...sorry!
Been lurking a lot a here lately, just savouring on the pics. As always, hot **** you boys throwing!! Brutally warm today:
5880479695_e75f40bd74_z.jpg
5881719776_22739f65a3_z.jpg
5881157937_294a1dd0dc_z.jpg
5881158363_a03d5c83af_z.jpg
[/SPOILER]

hell's yeah
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
. Love those shoes! I've got some red boat shoes so I may try copy that look, but of course more of a trad version (navy blazer, beige khakies, etc)
Originally Posted by sns23
Just joined here. Nice to see other people taking pride in appearance.
IMG_2683.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
[/SPOILER]

welcome, I think this is a pretty funky look... some comments: 1. Tie knot looks like it needs some work, ie slimming 2. I know it's a casual sportscoat but the shoes don't quite work with it IMO. also teh color of the shoes and jacket seem too close. Try darker plain wash jeans next time.
Originally Posted by EFV
My own contribution (which I hope doesn't call for holy water or stakes):
aM42T.jpg
j2bmd.jpg
10PYJ.jpg
Ycugq.jpg
z9gC3.jpg
hJKYs.jpg
SC: Aquascutum Bow tie: Self made PS: RORLING Watch: Vintage Girard Perregaux Pants: Same as last post Shoes: Church's custom grade
top half looks good... IMO this would have been a lot better with a pair of shoes in the brown family. The black just seems 'off' to my eye with the brown tones above. Also, those pants I'm sure are fine as a casual look, but somehow between the grey pants, black shoes, and brown SC... I'm just not getting the color palette here. I think you need to rework how you use each of these items.
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Lunch with an ex, pre-spilling lots of BBQ sauce on the jacket:
waywn001.jpg
wowsers, that's awesome! I think a less matchy-matchy tie would have worked better here, like a simple dark brown or maybe a pale pink (atolini?), or a dark purple?
Blazer: custom MTM Suit supply
Pink pocket square Shirt: MTM Suit supply Pants: Hugo Boss Shoes: Magnanni
ok003-1.jpg
ok9.jpg
huh... well, it's already been said that the pants are having some fit issues. What I'll add is that while I like the black SC and brown suede monks, I don't think they go together.
Originally Posted by Teen_Suit_Wearer
nothing fancy...
DSC_2722.jpg
DSC_2723.jpg
well, big improvement so keep it up. some suggestions: The sportscoat is workable. on a 3 button only do up the middle one. on your shirt, move the cuff button over so it only hits the top of your wrist and will show less cuff. also looks a bit cleaner that way. I think that tie is really dated and looks like it was thrifted, so I'm really not a fan, sorry. Besides that it's been tied too short (should just hit the top of your belt buckle). can't see the pants but I suspect they're a little baggy. hair looks nice. .

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holdfast You think you are funny? Let me wear my tight trousers with my Italian friends, so you can keep your (always way to) baggy pants and suits style. Deal. And thanks for entertaining me.
I'm terribly sorry to have offended you so very much with a single post. I'll do my utmost to resist the urge to comment on your photos in the future. I hope this means we can part on sweet terms; I'm glad you've managed to release some of the tension. One could almost see the pressure building up in your photo, so I entirely understand. I hope you can now see yourself in a state of high relief, something the rest of us have already had the dubious pleasure of witnessing. Hugs & Kisses.
Originally Posted by js4design
But his mangina isn't showing.
You just had to bring it out into the open, didn' t you?
biggrin.gif
It's been long overdue, I know. Just remember your John Donne as you revel in these strange developments...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, believe me, I do: So doth each tear, Which thee doth wear - John Donne, A Valediction of Weeping - B
Oh, that's very, very good.
laugh.gif
But "be not proud"
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads