1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

+1

2. Pendulum

Pendulum Senior member

+1, loving it.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

JapanAlex, you don't need to apologize to me. Spoo, you need to apologize to everybody for that tie.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like that coat and the colors are nice, Spoo. The shoes go particularly well with the color of the coat and trou. Tie looks all wrong to me, though. Washed out when everything else is a study in contrasts.

(I won't mention the pattern ... :hide:)

Would like a wider spread on that collar. Or something. Those long points are distracting.

6. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Spoo that tie seems to be wrong. But the colour of your jacket is amazing.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  7. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

The tie was selected for sentimental reasons as much as its coordination with today's suit - it was a favorite of my late husband's, and I've been trying to figure out how to work it into one of my fits.

The color of the shirt and tie is a bit deeper than shows in the detail photo, and the texture of the weave of shirt, tie and suit are at variance with their appearance IRL - the weaves are smoother.

Thank you, G-Dot for the welcome back - it was good to take a hiatus, and it is good to be be back, if on an irregular basis (suit-wearing in a NYC summer is a sometimes thing).

BTW, add me to the list of worshippers of PhatG's suit today - way awesome.

8. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

SpooPoker

I like this combination.
    Jacket is made from flax?

Phat Guido

Very beautiful photo and a combination of wardrobe items. As well as the rest of that frame! :)

Louis XIV

I was engaged in many sports. Among them were various martial arts forms and also the power of athletics.

On the issue of Lofer: what do you mean?

Loafer, I mainly from C&J, Church, Cheaney.

About what you ask?

9. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

Today:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Just a few of my old photos from the archive:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Excellent. I look forward to seeing your well reasoned and considered thoughts.

11. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Your suits do have a shoulders, arms problem. But i really like this colours pattern.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Some interesting looks; welcome. Perhaps slightly larger pics would be helpful too.

You got a fair bit of stick for that look, but I thought it was pretty good, in a retro-ish sort of way, assuming there was a jacket too, somewhere.

I really need to visit the V&A again. Nice setting for that pic!

Kind of you; thank you.

The best-fitting suit I've seen you post. Much better across the chest and torso than some of the others; no lapel bowing and proportions are pretty good.

Tie is insane. I'm trying to figure out the best look for it; its not this outfit, but I reckon it must have a role somewhere. Rest of the look is good, and for once I actually like the look of a split-toe shoe (this is a rare thing indeed for me).

Wasn't sure whether this belongs in this thread or the casual one, so figured I'd ensure maximum pollution by x-posting to both... :p

[​IMG]

13. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

Holdfast

Thank you!

Photos larger than can be seen by opening each link in the galleries separate browser window.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

I am not trolling. Those pants make you look like a woman. Those pants are probably beyond salvation, but perhaps your best bet (for these pants and for the future), is not to wear your pants so high it gives you a FUPA/makes your penis visible.

15. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Actually, I don't think his suit has got any of those problems. He wrote earlier in the thread that he is some kind of athlete, so those shoulders and arms are probably pretty close to his natural build. Agree with you on the colours though.

16. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

Achillus

EFV

Thank you, that's right.

The line of the shoulders and arms costume repeated anatomical lines.

I have a thin neck, but very well developed trapezius muscle, which has a polygonal shape.

All these effects of training in weightlifting and powerlifting.

17. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

You know, my whole thing is that I never wear a necktie, and this threak does nothing but reinforce my position on that. Repeatedly.

18. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

[quote name="Holdfast" url="/forum/thread/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/8480_20#post_4705172The best-fitting suit I've seen you post. Much better across the chest and torso than some of the others; no lapel bowing and proportions are pretty good.[/quote]

The proportions of jackets from Paul Stuart are different than those of my usual source (BB) - somewhat shorter, which may have some salutary effect on my appearance (I have a big chest and short-ish legs). The fact that the suit is new means that it also has a better chance to have been bought with my current proportions in mind - I've changed shape significantly over the last several years.

My employer blocks most photos, so I am most curious to see Spoo's tie for today - reactions are strong, and unusually critical, which piques my interest, certainly.

19. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  20. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

Louis XIV

Yes, that is Sperry :)

And those that sand is Sebago.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.