HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I would buy derivitives comprised of bad mortgages from you! The jacket fit is gorgeous. The trousers, while not sf slim, are quite authoritative.

As always, I lust for your cuff links.

Thank you, Dig. My trousers will never be SF slim, as my thighs will never be SF slim [​IMG] .

Today's cufflinks are block onyx, inlaid with 14K white gold, set in sterling silver - a pattern which the museum described as being derived from an object in their Egyptian collection (though, to me, it looks like Jacobean strapwork - but what do I know?).

2. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    I've been warned away from earth colors repeatedly but there's so little available to me and this one was much lighter in color than most other tweeds. Should I go for it or just abandon all hope for anything other than blue?

[​IMG]

I understand your frustration, Dig, but I don't think you're going to get good advice on that front unless you get some better pics in better light.

Under the circumstance, here's all I can offer: Harris tweeds are great in general, but that one in particular looks kind of meh. If it's on sale for a great price, and if you feel you could punch it up with the right combination of other colors, go for it. If not, better to leave it on the rack and save your money for a piece that really calls your name.

3. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Nice combo. Would spice it up with a pink tie and/or pocket square. The blue/blue/blue is a tad bit bland, but still very nice. Deets on shirt?

That's a good idea, will try next time. The shirt is TM Lewin.

4. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

More crappy iPhone photos. I think this trend may continue for a while. Sorry gents.

Home from work...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now off to DJ at my favourite cocktail lounge...

[​IMG]

LOVE the checkered Vans! I had a pair of those back in the 1980s when they were all the rage! Wore them to shreds! Seeing them here makes me smile!

Your looks ROCK - their cheeky, current, irreverent and yet - almost proper all at the same time.

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Being immune to advice doesn't seem like a very admirable quality, my friend. I hope that's not what you meant to say.

exactly.

6. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

7. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

I understand your frustration, Dig, but I don't think you're going to get good advice on that front unless you get some better pics in better light.

Under the circumstance, here's all I can offer: Harris tweeds are great in general, but that one in particular looks kind of meh. If it's on sale for a great price, and if you feel you could punch it up with the right combination of other colors, go for it. If not, better to leave it on the rack and save your money for a piece that really calls your name.

Hi, I've been lurking around here for only a few weeks - today is my first day of actually posting - good to meet you.

I don't think it's a matter of 'earth tones' or not - it's a matter of 'pop' or strength of color somewhere in the entire ensemble. Your complexion and hair are fairly monochromatic and when you wear a jacket in the same or similar colors it tends to all just blend together.

I'm not in love with that beige tweed jacket on you - but it could work with a really strong tie (pick a bold color from one of the threads in the jacket), and a pocket square. Add a bolder blue trouser and you might actually find that you can make that jacket rock!

Just some thoughts from a newbie.

9. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    Can't really say, Dig. The pose interferes with assessment of fit, and the lighting thwarts evaluation of color. What I *can* say is that it could be good.
    Sorry, SB, for not being more spring-like, but yesterday's suit and today's just came back from the alterations tailor, having been re-fitted to the slightly smaller me.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

No apologies necessary... Today's fit, though more somber than yesterday's, is excellent and quite appropriate for the evening's agenda.
    [[​IMG] IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4Iuw1Ha6yhI/TgnFcXefXsI/AAAAAAAABH4/Wz3IPZX5J7o/s720/034.JPG[/IMG][/spoiler]
    Nice colors.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That is a BOWTIE, dammit!

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Beautiful Pants, Shoes, Belt, ... Perfect.

+1, and a kick arse jacket to boot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

great look gladhands i like it a lot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nice, very CBD??? mike. but you look like you are ready to beat the living crap out of somebody

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Yes, nice summer look, gladhands.

13. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

14. Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius New Member

More crappy iPhone photos. I think this trend may continue for a while. Sorry gents.

Home from work...

[​IMG]

As others have said, this looks great. The clothes are a good fit on you and give good line to your body. Any chance you could share who makes the jacket?

15. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Can we stop requoting huge pictures without spoiler tags?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.