HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

the last three pages need holy water - for the most part.

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    This is really nice, IST.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/spoiler]
    Nothing wrong with this, Señor Crust, but after your spring fling outfits lately, it just seems somber. I'm sure some will think there's too much purple (and I might prefer a light blue shirt to the lavender...), but works for me.
    Tough Monday to dress for: hot & sunny in the AM, hot, humid & overcast right now, with looming rain/thunderstorms in the late PM. Opted for light linen to cope with the heat/humidity, but there's a brolly in the car... ah, the excitement of an English Summer... [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/spoiler]

I'd say you did just fine. Nice look, doc.
    Bad photo Monday. Giving a quick talk to the local business association this evening, hence the memorable red Pee Wee Herman tie. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/spoiler]
    Tie looks too wide for my taste, but carry on, counselor.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is the jacket a bit snug, Orge? In the first pic, it looks like the lapels are bowing a bit. Also, the shirt collar doesn't meet in a nice V. I don't know if that's something that bothers you, but it's a pet peeve of mine.
    So here is the black BB Camelhair. What goes with a black SC, besides everything.
    [​IMG]
    I'd like to see a proper photo taken by someone standing a fair distance from you, Dig, but this one makes it look like the jacket is too short.
    Vacation steezy, rumpled and easy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Low-light Miami steeze. Can't really tell anything about the fit, but who cares, right?

3. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Some vacation photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now to work on losing all the extra kgs gained..

4. odiv

odiv Well-Known Member

He's saying only evil could look that good.

[​IMG]

5. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

The jacket is not a suit, but in fact a pinstriped SC. I wear various odd trousers with them, such as charcoal. any recommendations? I am using an antique pearl and gold tie tac (grandfather's) and the gold-filled cufflinks I picked up for $3 at an antiquew store.

NON-SF APPROVED [​IMG]

6. allaboutshoes

I'm currently wearing an Oscar De La Renta jacket... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Love seeing that you keep trying and the criticism isn't getting to you! Here's some constructive criticism of my own: 1. Don't wear mismatched striped blazer and pants 2. Dont wear striped blazers. Period. 3. For now, you're 16 (and I aint no old man myself) so I would lose the hat 4. Would put that collar back into your jacket. I got to say you are starting off on the right foot. Enough lurking and you'll be outdressing Spoo (ok maybe not, but still [​IMG])

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Do you have any constructive criticism?

I believe this is destructive criticism, as in "burn it to the ground, and let new growth flourish." [​IMG]

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Orge, like the look, but as been mentioned before, you may want to fond shoes on a sleeker last which will make your foot look longer (You can PM me if you want AEs)

glad you're selling shoes. you're an real expert on fit.

the shoes are already on the tight side and you recommend something sleeker, congratulations. well done.

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Naturally, you will end up getting much smaller lettering for the monogram.

[​IMG]

10. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Love seeing that you keep trying and the criticism isn't getting to you! Here's some constructive criticism of my own:
    1. Don't wear mismatched striped blazer and pants
    2. Dont wear striped blazers. Period.
    3. For now, you're 16 (and I aint no old man myself) so I would lose the hat
    4. Would put that collar back into your jacket.
    I got to say you are starting off on the right foot. Enough lurking and you'll be outdressing Spoo (ok maybe not, but still [​IMG])

Nah, the hat is fine for a 16 year old. It's actually quite casual and would go well with just a nice shirt and chinos or the like. On that same note, that hat's much too casual for a suit.

11. allaboutshoes

Nah, the hat is fine for a 16 year old. It's actually quite casual and would go well with just a nice shirt and chinos or the like. On that same note, that hat's much too casual for a suit.

Edit: The striped hat doesnt go with the mismatched striped jacket and pants. Too busy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.