• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off My Rack

Reaction score

Samuelsohn SC
Nicky Tie
BB shirt and pants
Santoni Knox

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Another cloudy, muggy day in NYC. Suit is navy and shirt is a very pale blue. Pale blue ps with white border.

Suit: Tombolini
Tie: Pal Zileri
Shoes: Magnanni

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Long time lurker. First time poster. Please, don't be gentle.
smile.gif
I agree with stitcher regarding the pants, though I'm less averse to them. Tonally (since this seems to be what's on my mind) the shirt and pants in combination are reminiscent of summer where as the tie, square, and jacket work to create a rustic feel that jars against this. The shirt can work with the top because light blue is a total work horse, but this creates a discordance with the bottom. I think a mid grey flannel trouser would be much better, along with a pair of dark brown suede derbies. All over though - did I get to this statement before anyone else? - I wish more first posts in this thread were as consistent as this. Also, beware the moose knuckle. We are not tailors - which often bears repeating - and do not need to know which way you dress.
For some reason, i have an aversion to stripes lately.....for the longest time i ONLY bought striped ties so i had to force myself to stop...But that double red stripe is SOOOO nice. I also love the forest green with pindots..but im not sure if theyre still available.
I've not been big on stripes either. My last few tie purchases have been macclesfield prints, which I should probably stop. Maybe I should go in for it just to break the cycle. They also still have the forest green with dots in stock. Maybe I'll make a run at both. Something to think on today.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Long time lurker. First time poster. Please, don't be gentle.
smile.gif

Definitely not bad. The pants are too informal for the top, and the tie, though beautiful isn't doing it for me with that jacket. The tie might be a bit too vivid.

Holdfast--that had better be this week's entry. And it had better win.

Last edited:

Scbrown

Reaction score
Another hot day of classes back in St. Louis so Seersucker it is

Apologize for crappy photos still lookng for good spot in dorm

Details:

Suit: Brooks Brothers
Shirt: Creery Custom
Shoes: Allen Edmonds Players Shoe
Tie: Gant

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
They're actually dark brown chelseas (RM Williams). Out of curiosity, where did this term "rig" come about to refer to an outfit? Quasi-military thing?

I picked it up on here (maybe on AAAC?). "Fit" has never sounded right to me, and I don't particularly like the word "outfit." I've heard "pile" used, too, but that never clicked for me.

I think you may have pushed me over the edge on picking up a pair of dark brown chelseas, too. I'm starting to think they're cover the whole range of formality I regularly wear.

Last edited:

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Mickael: Pretty good look for a first timer however your shirt collar seems quite large for you, gaping at the front and sides, and the blades crossing behind the tie knot. I would probably have worn a different tie. A simple TV fold pocket square would also look good.

evolved

Reaction score
Another hot day of classes back in St. Louis so Seersucker it is

Apologize for crappy photos still lookng for good spot in dorm

Details:

Suit: Brooks Brothers
Shirt: Creery Custom
Shoes: Allen Edmonds Players Shoe
Tie: Gant

Are those dorms at SLU, by chance? You're a better man than I.....I wear a suit daily for work, but with this heat I've been business casual all week. It's too hot!

Scbrown

Reaction score
Too hot in St. Louis....

Are those dorms at SLU, by chance? You're a better man than I.....I wear a suit daily for work, but with this heat I've been business casual all week. It's too hot!

I am actually at Wash U. Yeah its hot but I wont spend alot of time out and I have some meetings today. Business casual has been the tune however. St. Louis weather is awful

evolved

Reaction score
I am actually at Wash U. Yeah its hot but I wont spend alot of time out and I have some meetings today. Business casual has been the tune however. St. Louis weather is awful

Oh nice. I'm right down the road in Clayton. WU is an awesome campus and school. I utilized their library plenty of times for research and studying over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads