• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore this yesterday. Bad hotel corridor lighting, but general idea is there..

FillW

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been away for a couple of weeks, working like a mofo and then skiing (Southern Hemisphere, innit).

Spotted this Canali DB summer jacket in the Sydney boutique, tried it on and asked the assistant to take a snap. What do you think? Seems to fit pretty well right off the rack. From memory I think it's quarter or half canvassed, fairly lightweight. Fabric is a wool-linen-silk blend. Buttons are a beautiful translucent mother-of-pearl. Please ignore the pants etc as I was wearing them when I walked into the shop.

It's really friggin' expensive so I would need a lot of encouragement. Alternatively I suppose I could get a tailor to copy the design, might work out a bit cheaper.

Feedback please.
Looks good. If it's comfortable and doesn't feel too tight I'd say "Yes!". A lot of DBs look "boxy" on people. This doesn't.
Pingson that's great- your fits always look good to me
coxaca DB looks fine
DC- very nice mix of textures

shirt is sky blue

Deets
Nice!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I have a jacket kind of like that I found at a thrift that I need to get altered.
Vintage MTM
Finamore
Vanda
Noname
Bally baby croc
G&G
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The hated jacket returns!
If it is any comfort, it looks much less busy from a distance that what it does up close. I'm actually warming to the idea of a grey checked odd jacket, even if common SF wisdom suggest that they are useless. Wear it with charcoal flannels (another object of SF hatred) for a perfect pair :nodding:

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it's cold, why not?

Mornings are cool enough for tweed here already, though the rest of the day is still pretty warm...

I'm not hating. I think it's great. I just wish the same was true for where I live. I chose today's fit because it's supposed to be 35 degrees (celsius) here and I needed something reasonably cool.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! That is one awesome jacket Pliny (details?) and it work great with the light grey trousers. I've been looking at that tie too t Ed's site :D. My only minor critique is that I wish the tie was tied a little bit shorter - to the top of the belt or there about.

Definitely get the tie. I bought the brown and the navy blue version as well...wearing the navy today. Easily two of my favorite ties.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

its funny because im wearing that exact jacket today HAHA!

:nodding:

-

pliny - very nice. its really frustrating when a lovely light blue shirt looks white in the pic isnt it? i hate when that happens with my pics. i like your combo as it, but i am imagining it with the color blue you mentioned and i think it must be excellent.

pingson - great looking fit there.

gnatty - nice beard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads