• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:nodding:
Gentlemen (and Stitchy :p ), let's not make this "tie ******" business into a thing.

what happens when a tie boanar bumps into a tie ******?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's how we get pocket squares.

:lol:

no wonder i dont have any PS, my ties have neither boanars nor vaginas. ill make sure it stays that way.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Everything looks good though I would have went with a PS with less red(not none just less) or just a white PS .

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

no wonder i dont have any PS, my ties have neither boanars nor vaginas. ill make sure it stays that way.
asexual ties?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope this time I went casual enough with this jacket.

I greatly prefer this version; feels more in keeping with the casualness of the jacket. Cream shirt (pale blue might also work) instead of green, and I'd love it!

Cool combination; bold/vibrant but also pleasant. And I say that despite my hating the square and especially the tie in isolation.

Last edited:

FillW

Reaction score
Off to church. Jacket is linen by Faconnable, cotton trou by Incotex, shirt A. Basile. These loafers are of the absolute softest leather I've ever felt on a shoe. LOVE THEM (Bruno Magli)!

The jacket is a medium blue herringbone with a muted red plaid.

I wore a light pink shirt with an off-white jacket, grey trousers and black shoes last Friday night. I got compliments from two guys on two separate subway trains. Both said it looked good (I should post a pic of the combo).

The women really dug the ensemble as well.
fistbump.gif

First time I tried wearing a pink shirt with anything out at night.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

How about leading by example. 

Already Did

And then again

If others pointed out the substantive issues, what was the point of your post?

That's what I was pointing out.

I think he got mislead/ screwed by whoever sold it to him and/ or who did the tailoring. While I have seen worse-fitting suits on this board, I have never seen anyone buy that expensive of a garment that was so ill-suited to the wearer. Not one person has anything positive to say about the suit, and for good reason. And in the past I have been highly-complimentary to Kai for fits that stirred some controversy.

Isn't it interesting how Kai thanked me for my post yet others seems to be so offended? People who have been on this board for a while know that I generally endeavor to be constructive, and I thought I framed my comments as nicely as possible. Do you know how many times people have played "Pile-up on the Newbie" on this board over the years? Has anyone ever seen me do it? There have been many occasions where a new guy posts for the first time in a poorly-fitting Mens Wearhouse nightmare and the first posts they see are pretty much "your suit sucks" and I have been among the few who have tried to steer them in the right direction and welcomed them to the board.

You're getting too hung up on this personally. My point wasn't to ostracize you. Highlighting your post was used to point out an example as recent as a few posts after mine where not a whole lot of useful feedback was given. I'm not trying to say everyone everywhere should be constantly nitpicking or making suggestions, nor is there anything wrong with praise for a job well done, but there's room for improvement most of the time and very few voices offering it.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FillW

Reaction score
Wow damn, Spoo swoops in with some constructive criticism... I knew there was something missing from the WAYW...

There's room between circle jerking and needless nitpicking. Can we please please keep doing it?

Kai, you knowz somebody's going to say your pants are on the full break side there right? (or were they just slumped down?)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads