1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

^^^ and I just got owned by the new layout... tried to quote, failed, now previous post makes no sense. I still like it though, holding out judgement until I get the hang of it. LOL.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. f-bodeee

f-bodeee Active Member

3. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

Looks really good mister. The collar height is good and so is the seating under the jacket lapel. I also like the shirt tie and pocket square. I reckon you must have had a lovely time, specilly being dressed so nicely.

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Heading into San Francisco today to meet Mina and a few other SF members who will be checking out her books.

[​IMG]

Linen Cucinelli jacket
    Luciano Barber cotton pants
    Guy Rover shirt
    Sutor Mantellassi shoes

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

I am definitely tailoring my new orphaned pinstriped jacket exactly like yours.

6. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Sheesh - I can't even decipher the html to multi-quote..

7. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Great SC - a similar one by Sartorio Napoli should be on its way to Helsinki as I write - but the trousers look a bit too full.

8. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

I've never had it done, so I would be interested to hear this as well. One tailor told me it depends on whether the pents are pleated. If they are, it is at least more burdensome and expensive. Without pleats should be fairly easy.

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

Of course you can. It's not that expensive either. I like this shirt a lot more, but still I'd get a more spread collar. It would work better for your oval shaped head. Also, I'd shorten the sport coat, it is noticeably long on you. But those are minor things; you look great.

Oh, and nice picture. :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  10. bafe

bafe Well-Known Member

Daniel Cremieux, three piece tweed, from a thift shop. 2nd hand tattersall shirt, 2nd hand black/red silk knit tie. Adidas slippers. Nokia phone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The jacket could obviously use some tailoring.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I dig, man. I dig.

I generally prefer slimmer trousers as well, but there's something about these that makes the width more acceptable to my eye. I think it's the color—light, rather than weighty—that gives them a flowing feel.

12. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Wow - I got back from a week's vacation at the Jersey Shore and find the world here has changed dramatically!!! Did we know this was coming??? Anything you all can tell me that I missed?? LIke how do you do anything here? :)

13. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Hey, TB - nice photo - what concert hall is that in the photo? Can't seem to place it....:embar:

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Here's some reading for you, tshaw.

15. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

First anniversary celebration at the C-View rooftop bar of the Hotel Affinia Chicago. SF'ers in attendance included Francisco D'Anconia, Chicago Ron and Brogued (who booked the band, guitarist Jeff Parker (Tortoise, Isotope 217, Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble...), drummer John Herndon (Tortoise, Exploding Star Orchestra...) and Nate McBride (Ken Vandermark's groups...)). With Mrs. ld111134 at the C-View's indoor lounge at the end of the party [​IMG] At home, rockin' the ivory dinner jacket... [​IMG]

16. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Congrats to you and the missus, Lou!

17. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Thanks, C. It was a great time. My family came in from Upstate New York, New Jersey and San Francisco, and my wife's family came in from Wisconsin. The wife wanted me to wear a solid navy 3 x 2 SB suit (what I wore to our wedding) but I prevailed and insisted on black tie. The ivory DJ was Brogued's idea - I found one on Tuesday and it was ready by Saturday morning.

18. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

I second that, and it's totally pissing me off. Both the multi and the reply-quote function seem to do different things each time I try to use them. Either there's a glitch in the system or I need a tutorial.

19. AlmostSmart

AlmostSmart Senior member

Bring back the last version, please.

20. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

I see what you're saying now, Lufty. Thanks for the clarification. Same to you, D Yizz, but I can't get your post to quote for some reason.

That's the Strathmore, Tom. Among other things, it's the summer home of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. http://www.strathmore.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.