1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Slick and solid
    +1 Very crisp styles today by MBreinin. I respect the simple elegance.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Got caught in a downpour on the walk to work, luckily in front of a cab company:
    [​IMG]
    Then I ran into Vox who was visiting my classroom today[​IMG] :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

[​IMG]

Looks good if you work at Century 21.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Diggin it!

+1.000!

That´s the problem with ill-fitting suits. If it doesn´t fit in the shoulders, you can´t win the game with neat shoes.

I dig that.

Although i do like the simple colourwork, the texture of that tie kills it for me. It just seems to me a nice silk tie (e.g. paisley) would have fitted better...just my 2cents.

Still feeling Irish...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    Very pretty tie, Spooze. Where'd ya get it, if you don't mind my asking?

6. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I'm wearing: all from - H&M Trench coat, white jeans, denim shirt, tried tshirt and plaid scarf.... and ramalhoni shoes - the Havelocks

Funny. I'm wearing my Havelocks today as well. They're frickin' awesome.

[​IMG]

Edit: That shrunk horribly. The pants are actually brown. Here's a better pic of the pattern

[​IMG]

First wearing of the jacket. I feel like it could be slimmer along the sides and waist.

7. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Very pretty tie, Spooze. Where'd ya get it, if you don't mind my asking?

Cheers, Threader! It´s a silk one off the sale racks of my preffered local men´s wear shop...cost me 5 €...yes!

8. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Looks good if you work at Century 21.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Alas, mine boner shriveleth... Knew I should have picked up those Levi's I was looking at. Or maybe the off-white linens...

9. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Vox, vox? Are you there?

10. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

11. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

I tend to agree with Working Stiff with regard to the length of the jacket below (not to the "awfully" extent).

This jacket looks awfully short for what is otherwise such a conservative outfit. Maybe with slimmer pants it would look OK, but here it looks off.

[​IMG]

Orge's response:

While it may appear short, it measures exactly right on me. The ideal length is half the distance from the collar to the floor, and that's what this is.

Is this a "rule" of some sort that I've never heard. And, if so, because of varying torso length/leg length ratios between people, that would negate the "just cover your seat" rule in many cases.

On the flip side, I agree with sugarbutch with regard to the fit of the suit below (including the jacket). Does this measure the same as the jacket you mentioned is the "ideal length"? It could be the camera angle/pose, but it appears a bit longer.

Orge, IMO you should make a template from these trousers and get every pair you've got altered to mimic them. Maybe the jacket, too. You look about 15 lbs. lighter and 4 inches taller.

[​IMG]

12. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

13. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Nice fit, CTP. Slummin'?

14. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

15. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Is this a "rule" of some sort that I've never heard. And, if so, because of varying torso length/leg length ratios between people, that would negate the "just cover your seat" rule in many cases. On the flip side, I agree with sugarbutch with regard to the fit of the suit below (including the jacket). Does this measure the same as the jacket you mentioned is the "ideal length"? It could be the camera angle/pose, but it appears a bit longer.
    The "rule" is something I've read several places, and it was the method I was trained to use when fitting for MTM suits at Brooks Brothers. Flusser says:
    Not having a bespoke tailor, I use the latter method as a general guide. For me, it says 31" is the ideal BOC length, and I will deviate at least half an inch to either side of that measurement, depending on the coat. Regarding the two suits pictured above, the second is 1/4" longer than the first. I suspect the difference in appearance is due more to the second suit's overall slimmer silhouette than to any actual difference in length.

16. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Nice fit, CTP. Slummin'?

Not sure I follow?

17. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

The "rule" is something I've read several places, and it was the method I was trained to use when fitting for MTM suits at Brooks Brothers.

Flusser says:

Not having a bespoke tailor, I use the latter method as a general guide. For me, it says 31" is the ideal BOC length, and I will deviate at least half an inch to either side of that measurement, depending on the coat.

Regarding the two suits pictured above, the second is 1/4" longer than the first. I suspect the difference in appearance is due more to the second suit's overall slimmer silhouette than to any actual difference in length.

Useful info. Thanks for posting.

18. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Apparently night shots are not something my camera is very good at.

19. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Couldn't quite put my finger on yesterday's fit but it did make you look quite a bit slimmer. My arrangement of side by side might help me , and others, see why. Coat length helps... button position...slimmer trousers... sometimes it is just the picture, i.e. head included (?). Regardless, use that suit for important times or to talk to tailor about creating other fits. Nice suit my man! [​IMG]

20. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

[​IMG]

Like the fit but I would have chosen a different tie myself as it blends into the jacket, just my opinion though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.