• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
Oh boo hoo hoo. You won't be missed. It's been It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to for you ever since your first post. Back to Andy's, where you're a man among men and a hero to the unwashed masses.

There are times that I am criticized in this forum that I am cut to the quick. This, however, is not one of them. As they say in Yiddish, "Go *********** ocean with an onion on your head".

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
There are times that I am criticized in this forum that I am cut to the quick. This, however, is not one of them. As they say in Yiddish, "Go *********** ocean with an onion on your head".

+1. **** that guy.

Alexander

Reaction score
Oh boo hoo hoo. You won't be missed. It's been It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want to for you ever since your first post. Back to Andy's, where you're a man among men and a hero to the unwashed masses.

Here we have a perfect example of a Stupid and Incoherent comment...

Please... get lost, looser...

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
Hey Kappelan - wish the trousers had cuffs on them - they'd be outstanding!
confused.gif

Yeah, you are right, it might be better.

juliette2000

Reaction score

You're an ass.

Crusty.....you've been missed. I hope you come back.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
ndw, great as always.
Originally Posted by kcc
I like the roll of the lapel and the "sweeping" or rounded edges of the frontal quarters. Nice break on the trouser. If this were RTW, I'd be shocked?
Thanks fellas. Kcc get ready to be shocked - rtw it is.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You missed the part about being handsome and very rich...I am pretty sure it is part of the look. - B
Like James, I dress to be the man I want to become.
Hey internet tough guy, the jerk store called ... They are running out of you.

mandom

Reaction score
Hi Crusty, Just post buddy! I agree that there seems to be some form of house style here. However, I tend to believe that this is indeed Style Forum and not fashion forum. I enjoy the different fits of the different guys in this forum Spoo, Rob, PG, Nii, Old dog, Mike B., Lufty, Manton, Holdfast, MoK, Vox, Doc H. and your posts. None of you folks have anything in common, only that you are men who love their clothes. For schmucks like me, it opens endless possibilities on how to dress. SF has guided me on fits and proportions, what works and what does not. I love the fact that you posters show how an ordinary guy can dress extraordinarily well, not some fashion magazine of perfect men with perfect physiques that live in a world outside reality (betcha these models wear pins behind them for that perfect look). Just keep at it.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boo, hoo, hoo. You won't be missed. It's been 'It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To' for you ever since your first post. Back to Andy's, where you're a man among men, and a hero to the unwashed masses.
This is why I stay out of S&D. Coincidently, you haven't tried checking in there have you, ZON_JR?

Knucklehead

Reaction score

...I came to the epiphany that to submit postings here was, implicitly, seeking approval, and that, ultimately, the only approval for my fits that I need is my own.

...it has become obvious to me that I will never practice the "house style", and that there are elements of my fits that invoke the psychosexual anxieties of clothing-obsessed but otherwise straight men, from which they need to distance themselves. Anything too colorful, too shiny or with too bold a pattern seems to make at least some of the locals crazy, and when I indulge in them, I get smacked - sometimes with an aesthetic basis for the smacking, sometimes not.

Simply put, posting here has ceased, at least for the present, to be fun, hence I am in self-imposed exile at That Other Website (though I have always cross-posted between the two sites since starting to post here actively).

You must continue to contribute to the aesthetic diversity of the WAYWRN forum or it will degenerate into a "house style"; a forum requires an exchange of ideas. Even if someone doesn't appreciate your combinations, their personal style can be enriched by articulating to themselves exactly which components of your style would not work for them. It is lamentable that this has been articulated via an excess of crass posts.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry about poor lighting. I really need to figure out the best place to take pictures! Shoes are dark brown, suede. My friend is instigating a small house-party tonight, and I won't know many people there. Thought this would be smart-casual enough. If I was going out, this would include a tie (navy or light blue) and a blazer (+PS).
QvPXZ.jpg
u0BJq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads