• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great fit. Like I said, almost all blue can be done tastefully. I know it can, I've seen it!

Yeah 8 months. It's one of those things where, once I know I dressed bad, I couldn't do it again. So I started ordering everything as soon as I can. Of course I made some mistakes, about 5 shirts and 5 ties I don't like to wear too often. But the ties found new homes through Spoo. 

I don't have enough to post great daily fits (eg: 3 MTOs still on the way, and maybe 2 other shoes before I can call my shoe collection well rounded) but I have enough to post one or two here and there. 

And thanks Panda. I think all you veteran SF's need to bring back the pre-2010 crew. That's what I look at and learn from, or at least I try. Not saying there's not some fits I learned from recently here. 

I wish I still had pics from my first posts :uhoh:
I just kept posting and taking notes until I saved enough to buy better fitting clothes but it still took me a long time. As for ties by the time I stopped posting two years ago I had nearly 100 and out of those I think I kept 10 or 15, the rest will be donated to the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

The suit I'm wearing in that pic was one of my last two full suits I bought before I changed jobs where I didn't have to wear full suits anymore. It's a Ben Sherman that I had tailored. The Linen suit from a few pages back was my last suit I bought. I don't recall the maker but I know it's not anyone of any import but again I had it tailored to fit as well.

Yeah there are a lot of pre-2010 SFers I'd love to see post again but as you said there is still quite a bit of good fits posted here now, which really makes me wish I still wore suits on a daily basis.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I still had pics from my first posts
uhoh.gif

I just kept posting and taking notes until I saved enough to buy better fitting clothes but it still took me a long time. As for ties by the time I stopped posting two years ago I had nearly 100 and out of those I think I kept 10 or 15, the rest will be donated to the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

The suit I'm wearing in that pic was one of my last two full suits I bought before I changed jobs where I didn't have to wear full suits anymore. It's a Ben Sherman that I had tailored. The Linen suit from a few pages back was my last suit I bought. I don't recall the maker but I know it's not anyone of any import but again I had it tailored to fit as well.

Yeah there are a lot of pre-2010 SFers I'd love to see post again but as you said there is still quite a bit of good fits posted here now, which really makes me wish I still wore suits on a daily basis.
I don't own a suit. I probably won't for a long time as no job of mine will dictate it and I think I can get by on sport coats and navy blazers for a while, while still being ahead of the game in 'the real world'.

I do want to get a navy suit with the pants on braces but I'm too scared to do it. although it'd only be for occasions like weddings.

Laughed at the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No, we're making a club. The Anti-Grenadine Unit! We're in the AGU, now.

AGU will always be the American Geophysical Union in my heart. My dad used to take me to an occasional conference when I was a young teenager (well, he'd take me on the trip).

What a random bout of nostalgia.

And I agree--superb fit.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't own a suit. I probably won't for a long time as no job of mine will dictate it and I think I can get by on sport coats and navy blazers for a while, while still being ahead of the game in 'the real world'.

I do want to get a navy suit with the pants on braces but I'm too scared to do it. although it'd only be for occasions like weddings.

Laughed at the Rodeo Clown Tie Donation Fund.

There's no shame in that. I work as a creative in advertising where almost no one even wears a SC or jacket. I on the other hand can't get away from my love of suit wearing so I regularly wear one with jeans and weather permitting a knit tie...but even that gets more than one comment...albeit positive...from time to time.

Save for my cream linen and one gray all of my suits are of various shades of navy. Braces...I'm with you on that one as well...too scared...just like when I finally broke down and bought a pair of jeans that weren't blue :D

Oh if you'd seen some of those ties you'd be crying more than laughing :crazy:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gracias. Hope I've learned quickly enough to contribute. 8 months from nothing to more than enough. Just a few more staples to go.

very well done.

Only 8 Months? Wow that's really good! It took me nearly 3 years :embar: to get to a good place style wise.

this

And as for too much blue...
This is also close to one of my last posts...and what I wanted to wear today :)

:inlove: i have missed the signature P&A fit pics.

No, we're making a club. The Anti-Grenadine Unit! We're in the AGU, now. 

GFTO

lol. jkjk, no srsly, G.T.F.O.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RDiaz: That's literally the first time I've seen wingtip tassels that look perfect. It helps that those are particularly nice examples of the breed, but you've deployed them perfectly. I'm impressed, and a little inspired...

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of all shoes I saw at the store I was visiting, I only liked two pairs: these Yanko tassel loafers and a beautiful pair of "high-end" (Goodyear) Magnanni chestnut single monks. I'd have taken both, but that was €€€ I couldn't really justify. I have a feeling the Magnannis won't take long to be mine, though. They looked great with dark blue pants.

The loafers felt more appropiate for my summer stuff, so I picked them up; and you're right that it's probably hard to find nice looking wingtip tassels. In fact, if someone told me about such a style and I hadn't seen it in person I would probably disregard it. I'm surprised I liked them so much.

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general, I like what you're doing. I like the tie, the shirt, and the pocket square separately. However, I think that they need some common element to pull them all together. (Although maybe the tie and the shirt do have some color harmony, and I just can't tell because of the poor picture quality.)
] Once again slightly crappy photos, but last day at the office internship then back to school so decided to have some fun I like the colors but the tie pattern might be a miss, looking for suggestions on anything else as well. While I know some of you don't like the socks, the Chairman of the firm does and he signs my check.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a bunch of stuff on my blog. I'm off to send out the goods. Jacket: Uniqlo, Pants: Incotex, Shirt: Modern Tailor, Shoes: Cole Haan.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a bunch of stuff on my blog. I'm off to send out the goods. Jacket: Uniqlo, Pants: Incotex, Shirt: Modern Tailor, Shoes: Cole Haan.

Pretty sure you don't seek my approval, but you surely have it. I like all of this. Even the shoes actually work pretty well I think.

fing02[1].gif

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Pretty sure you don't seek my approval, but you surely have it. I like all of this. Even the shoes actually work pretty well I think. 

fing02%5B1%5D.gif

I quite like this one too - I try to make a point of applauding tan / beige jackets with dark blue / navy strides as it says 'F you' to those on here who refuse to believe that combination can look good. The upper half looks a little washed out though AAS, maybe this was an opportunity for you to break out one of your more colorful shirts.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trick with dark blue pants is to go lighter than navy, IMO. Even if it's just a few shades lighter.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I quite like this one too - I try to make a point of applauding tan / beige jackets with dark blue / navy strides as it says 'F you' to those on here who refuse to believe that combination can look good. The upper half looks a little washed out though AAS, maybe this was an opportunity for you to break out one of your more colorful shirts.

+1 I've always loved that combo and I think he pulls it off quite well. I do agree a tad more contrast between jacket and shirt could help.

A bit less casual than his but I thought this worked for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads