HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Funny stuff. The local radio this morning said that in light of this, police have been granted the power to confiscate alcohol at will during the meet. I suspect local plod will be swilling Grande Annee tonight...
    I will correct myself having just heard the item on the radio again. Plod's booze confiscation powers will apply to the Henley Regatta, not Ascot. So they'll be intoxicated near water, rather than near galloping horses. All's well in the land.
    I like that even more. I'll say that a plain fold hanky is not what it deserves, although I agree with the plain hanky concept.
    Thanks. I wasn't feeling the square fold myself to be honest, but three people called me while I was getting ready, so I ended up running late for my 11 o'clock. Was planning on finding a complementary silk (maybe red with navy, or red and cream) and doing a puff/points fold, but defaulted to the linen square under the time pressure. What would you have picked?

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

nothing wrong with that fit and I would not get any waist suppression on it. my only suggestion would be for wider lapels on your frame and I think a 3roll2 jacket will have an elongating effect on you.

I was going to say something similar. The fit looks good as is. No need for any alterations.The color, pattern combo and tie choice are all very nice, too.Â

If you're open to a different style for future suits, I agree with Ed that a little wider lapel would work well with your build. Beyond that, maybe a softer, rounder shoulder. But that's a matter of preference.

Wider lapels yes. I'd prefer seeing a slightly lower buttoning point rather than a 3-2 necessarily, though we're both noticing the same truncating effect of the current look.

Thanks, gents. I agree, particularly about the shoulder.Â

Simply put, posting here has ceased, at least for the present, to be fun, hence I am in self-imposed exile at That Other Website (though I have always cross-posted between the two sites since starting to post here actively).

That's unfortunate, Señor Crust. I think your posts help keep this thread from narrowing into self-reflexive boredom.Â

Some rain today so I wore boots.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice! Quite like that tie.

Dressing up for an art gallery opening tonight. The Drake tie itself is 1/3 of the suit's costs [​IMG]Â

[​IMG][/spoiler]

Bitchin'

I will join you in wacky suit-land:

[​IMG]
    Still love this suit.

4. srivats

srivats Senior member

How about back-of-the-hand slapping?

Does Vancouver, BC share the same monarch? They do, right?

- B

Things are in the centrifuge, spinning wildly.

- B

Because of my age and general disposition, it is laxitudinal.

- B

"That's sweet. Do you have a towel?"

[NSFW]

[​IMG]

- B

Started with the Martinis already, B? [​IMG]

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

[NSFW]

[​IMG]

- B

I wouldn't even be fired from my kindergarten job for looking at that pic.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

[NSFW]

[​IMG]

- B

interesting, i thought you were um, better endowed.

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

9. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is it because of her status as a National Treasure?

[​IMG]

- B

People would just think I'm looking at some Korean guy.

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I like white, voile or etamine cotton..stuffed like a silk square...for this sort of thing. Like this one. Voile or etamine, specially after use, has a nice, soft, diaphanous effect when you want something plain white but don't want something hard-edge as a plain fold.
    That's a great tip; thank you. [​IMG] Will see if I can find them in the UK.
    I wouldn't even be fired from my kindergarten job for looking at that pic.
    Judging by some of the recent scandals reported about kindergarten/nursery teachers in this country, I suspect your bosses would in fact be mightily relieved that at least you're looking at adult women.

12. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Thanks. I wasn't feeling the square fold myself to be honest, but three people called me while I was getting ready, so I ended up running late for my 11 o'clock. Was planning on finding a complementary silk (maybe red with navy, or red and cream) and doing a puff/points fold, but defaulted to the linen square under the time pressure. What would you have picked?
    The one with the red edges you've worn yesterday would have worked, maybe folded in a couple of points. But nothing wrong with the solid because of the windowpane and contrast collar shirt, it's a good choice.

13. in stitches

That's a great tip; thank you. [​IMG]

Will see if I can find them in the UK.

they can be found in the UK by opening up the browser on your computer and going here

www.samhober.com

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. in stitches

Is it because of her status as a National Treasure?

[​IMG]

- B

it is because she is not naked [​IMG] but you knew that didnt you?

15. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

II wasn't feeling the square fold myself to be honest, but three people called me while I was getting ready, so I ended up running late for my 11 o'clock. Was planning on finding a complementary silk (maybe red with navy, or red and cream) and doing a puff/points fold, but defaulted to the linen square under the time pressure.

What would you have picked?

I like white, voile or etamine cotton..stuffed like a silk square...for this sort of thing.

Like this one.

Voile or etamine, specially after use, has a nice, soft, diaphanous effect when you want something plain white but don't want something hard-edge as a plain fold.

- B

I rarely use white squares but will employ one to brighten up a particularly dull combination. Never, however, in a square fold.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.