1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Getting' a little soft around the middle...
    [​IMG]

2. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

It does not surprise me that someone from Dallas (assuming Dallas proper) had never been to Ft. Worth. As someone from Arlington - midway between the two, I can say that I've been to both and I'd rather spend time in Dallas. Still Dallas has numerous faults of its own and I have no intention of remaining longer than I have to.

Also as a former Ag-town resident, it's very hard to call it a suburb. 325000+ people, 50th largest city in the US... Still, Arlington sucks, just not as much as Houston.

DFW has gotten much better in the last few years since the new terminals opened.

I am rather indifferent about Austin, but apparently I am the only one.

:p

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Isnt Dallas just an old TV show?

4 people like this.
  4. Layered Player

Layered Player Senior member

It's a great city if you like music, film and food all served with a decidedly unique bent.

It's a very liberal place despite being the capital of a Conservative state...I've heard it referred to as "a blueberry in the middle of a bowl of tomato soup".

The most ubiquitous slogan/bumpersticker is "Keep Austin Weird", pretty much sums it up.

5. kulata

kulata Senior member

Embrace the tassel mocs #menswear

Why are you guys messing with D town, NYC of the Southwest?

6. mktitsworth

And a new one again, thank you very much.

I have some ice for that burn if you need it, SB.

7. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I arrived in Austin in the late '80s, and left in the late '90s. It was barely hanging on to the qualities that differentiated it from other Texas cities by the time I left, and it is unrecognizable now. It's not weird, and they haven't kept up with the infrastructure to support the population explosion. I would likely choose Houston or Dallas over Austin if I had to move back to Texas. At least they know they're big cities.

9. Tirailleur1

Nah bruh

Austin or Texas.

D town is for people who like their sports teams lukewarm

1 person likes this.
  10. rms340

rms340 Senior member

I guess lukewarm was what we needed to beat the Heat in 2011 ;)

11. Tirailleur1

every now and then God tosses you some semblance of grace.

12. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

San Antonio is my favorite city in Texas. The best blend of Texan, American, and Mexican culture. I've not lived there for a while now, but I understand that over the last 5-6 years it's seen some very heavy high cultural development north and south of downtown.

Austin is fun to visit, but at this point I don't think I'd want to live there.

There are a lot of fantastic things about Dallas, but it has always struck me as lacking the cultural diversity of some of the other Texas cities.

I have a love hate relationship with Houston.

Ultimately, I'm very family oriented, and all things equal (so, Olmos Park in San Antonio, Rice Village in Houston, and Highland Park in Dallas), I can't think of a better city in Texas to raise children than San Antonio.

13. Tirailleur1

Dallas doesn't have The Menill Collection

the end.

1 person likes this.
  14. mktitsworth

Nasher, Crow, Kimbell, Amon Carter.

15. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

I'll have to cross-post this to the beer thread, as well, I guess. Mass, stroll through the cherry blossoms, antiquing, vintage shopping, and beers with my wife, today. The shirt was not the strongest choice; I went with purple because it's the first Sunday we've made it to mass during Lent. Next week I'll go with pink for Palm Sunday. I was going to wear a dark purple tie, as well, but couldn't find it this morning. Not sure it would have worked with the navy anyway. This was taken at the end of the day, and my pants seem t have slid down at the waist, so they're actually a bit shorter than they look in the photo. Half an inch or so, maybe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blazer: Vintage Christian Dior (My grandfather's), with buttons bought by my father in Savile Row
    Tie: Emilio Zegna, thrifted
    Shirt: Unknown thrifted
    Pants: Unknown
    Shoes: AE Fifth Avenue, thrifted
    Socks: Calvin Klein
    PS: Etsy
    Watch: Bovaly
    Beer: Parallel 49 Brewing, Vow of Silence Strong Belgian Ale

6 people like this.
  16. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Looks like I stumbled into the styleforum Texas meetup thread by mistake. [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

...but nothing in Texas compares to the wonders of the Bay Area. :)

1 person likes this.
  18. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Truth.

How bout you Texas lovers go start a thread somewhere in the "The most God awful places on Earth" section!

19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

why would anyone want to live anywhere in texas at all though? is this like one of those, if you had to do so what would suck the least, type of situations?

1 person likes this.
  20. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

People have different preferences, of course. I think one of the best things about this forum is when we acknowledge a person's preference and discuss the best way to execute it. So the focus is on execution. Given a certain set of preferences, Texas is probably the best place in the world (especially if you want to live in the United States and not deal with a super shit economy). Given a certain set of preferences, I'd say the Bay Area also can't be beat. Same goes for the Pacific Northwest. But if you want to live in New York, you'd probably be happier in London. If you want to live in Florida, go move to the Mediterranean or some Caribbean island. If you want to live in Baltimore, I don't know, maybe try a landfill? [​IMG]

My city preferences, if I could live anywhere (only going to places I've been to)

London
    San Antonio (I really love Mexican-American culture, and everywhere else in the US is way too white)
    Hong Kong
    Berlin
    San Francisco
    Munich
    D.C.
    Busan

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.