1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

2. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Acrid, that collar, while nicely spread, is a bit short. I think you could use one with the same spread but longer points.

I agree, in general, but I kind of think it's harmonious with those skinny lapels.

3. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are those your new pants from Ambrosi?

End-of-the-day-one-foot-steez.

[​IMG]

4. binge

binge Senior member

Are those your new pants from Ambrosi?

Yep, the grey flannels.

5. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Very sharp today, Mike.

+1

pandarts too

6. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

Turned out a little more "weekend at the county fair" than I had thought when I was getting dressed this morning, but that's life. I love the new tie, but I'm not sure it was right for this jacket. Would have preferred some lighter trousers, but all of my light grey non-nut-huggers are currently being hemmed or in need of hemming.

Had a red border showing on the PS this morning, but I thought it was a bit over the top. First pic definitely most representative of colour.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

Harumph. I have to post directly after someone blue-eyed and handsome, young enough to be my spawn, and who makes his own shoes to boot - and it's raining in NYC. Arghhhh.

Oh, well, for contrast, here's the old geezer wearing what is suited to the morning's monsoon.

[​IMG]

Being an old geezer myself [​IMG], I like the fit and color combination!

8. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Turned out a little more "weekend at the county fair" than I had thought when I was getting dressed this morning, but that's life. I love the new tie, but I'm not sure it was right for this jacket. Would have preferred some lighter trousers, but all of my light grey non-nut-huggers are currently being hemmed or in need of hemming. Had a red border showing on the PS this morning, but I thought it was a bit over the top. First pic definitely most representative of colour. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My secretary thanks you for posting the disclaimer about the top pic being more representative color-wise. The second pic made me so angry I gave chase ready to maim her with a pair of dull hedge trimmers. Just before I started cutting she mentioned "IT'S NOT REPRESENTATIVE, COLOR-WISE!!!!!!!!!" She's lucky, this time. I am confused though. In the second pic, the one you say is not true to color, the shirt appears white. If it is truly white, then the first picture is off. If the shirt is indeed white, the tie is indeed red, and the jacket is not something that requires electricity, it looks like it may indeed be progress.

9. tesuquegolfer

[​IMG]

Nice PS, it contrasts the conservativeness of the overall outfit. To me it says, "Don't judge to quickly, I have a flair to me that you have not yet seeing."

10. tesuquegolfer

[​IMG]

Great tie, love the texture! [​IMG]

11. Arnett

Arnett New Member

^^^
    very nice setup, the texture of the tie really pops...

12. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

[​IMG]

This jacket looks awfully short for what is otherwise such a conservative outfit. Maybe with slimmer pants it would look OK, but here it looks off.

13. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Senior member

My secretary thanks you for posting the disclaimer about the top pic being more representative color-wise. The second pic made me so angry I gave chase ready to maim her with a pair of dull hedge trimmers. Just before I started cutting she mentioned "IT'S NOT REPRESENTATIVE, COLOR-WISE!!!!!!!!!" She's lucky, this time. I am confused though. In the second pic, the one you say is not true to color, the shirt appears white. If it is truly white, then the first picture is off. If the shirt is indeed white, the tie is indeed red, and the jacket is not something that requires electricity, it looks like it may indeed be progress.
    [​IMG] The shirt is completely blown out in the second pic, which might be why it looks so white, and it is indeed white. I should also clarify that portions of the first pic is most representative of the colour of the jacket, although it's still a bit over-saturated. It's tan, and not nearly as loud as it appears. Best pic for colour of the tie http://i.imgur.com/yJG7P.jpg, and jacket http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/...tssuits055.jpg I'm normally a decent photographer, but I just fall to pieces when I have to go from my magic bag full of lenses and other goodies to this god damn iPhone...

14. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

This jacket looks awfully short for what is otherwise such a conservative outfit. Maybe with slimmer pants it would look OK, but here it looks off.

While it may appear short, it measures exactly right on me. The ideal length is half the distance from the collar to the floor, and that's what this is.

Perhaps the pants could be slimmer, but they're also rippling in the back due to a too-long back rise (I think), which makes them look baggier. I need to either wear braces with them or get them altered.

15. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Last chance to wear my tweed jacket before autumn?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

For those (HF and MoK, IIRC) who were asking/commenting about the jacket length and button-stance of the last suit I posted: Sorry for not replying earlier. The suit was one of my more recent MTMs from Suitsupply with a standard (for 46 European size) jacket length and button stance slightly lower than their RTW cut. I think the camera angle was exaggerating both the height of the top button and the shortness of the jacket.

In that light, today's fit is an interesting comparison as it includes my only RTW jacket from Suitsupply - so actually has a slightly higher button stance than most of my stuff... Now I've pointed this out, no doubt everyone will suddenly notice and object. [​IMG]

16. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

17. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

i think its a combination of the quarters of the jacket and the rise of the pants. the long rise of the pants and the open quarters creates the "illusion" of a wider area between his jacket and trouser legs.

for some reason i think it is making Orgetorix's jacket look short. I think cleaning up the trousers might solve or reduce the issue.

18. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Nasty storms came through last night, leaving it crisp and cool this morning with no humidity. I wish every day could be like this here.

Have a good one!

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great shoes Mike details?[​IMG]

19. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Nasty storms came through last night, leaving it crisp and cool this morning with no humidity. I wish every day could be like this here.

Have a good one!

Mike

[​IMG]

Slick and solid as usual, but I almost want a slightly wider tie for those lapels. Maybe it's just me...

20. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Forgot the Lobbs
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.